“Perfect place for some peace.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bandon Beach Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bandon
Bandon Beach Motel
1090 Portland Ave, Bandon, OR   |
Ranked #4 of 12 hotels in Bandon
Medford, Oregon
“Perfect place for some peace.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

This place was simple looking on the outside, yet the rooms were elegant and the beds extremely comfortable on the inside. My familiy will make this "our place" when staying in Bandon for now on. The location makes you feel secluded because there aren't any other buildings right close to it. Just nice comfy place!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

307 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

The motel is getting a little dated and the room we had was a bit tight - but we did not come for the room; its like tenting on the beach in a comfy bed - you walk out of your room take the stairs and wiggle your toes in the sand. When the wind is right, you walk out of your room to the end of Coquille Point, on which the motel is located, and watch the waves crash against the rocks.
The kitchenette was basic and limited in supply but everything was clean.
The staff was super friendly and sand smart: a "from-the-beach" towel for pets or kids; an old cloth for a rag; and hardwood floors for easy cleaning. The front desk had a nice selection of high end tea and other beverages in the morning and afternoon.
The price was consistent with the beachfront location and our only real beef was that it was the only place we stayed that charged $10 extra for each of our kids.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Rockford, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

The service was over and above, just like family. Very clean and the view was unbelievable. We are coming back this fall !

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Upstate New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

The motel staff are pleasant and helpful; the price is reasonable; the room was smallish but entirely adequate.....the LOCATION is FABULOUS, and an excellent reason to stay at this motel. It is perched out on a point overlooking the ocean....we dropped our bags in our room, ditched our shoes, and went down the excellent staircase to the beach, where we spent HOURS walking among the rocks and waves.....Then we went and ate at Tony's Crab Shack, in the Old Town, upon the recommendation of the motel staff, and it was delicious AND reasonably priced. Loved it here.

Portland, OR
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

I called at 2:00 ( as directed) to see about early check-in. I was told it wouldn't be possible. So I rolled up at 4:00 (check-in time) and was given my room assignment by a very nice gentleman. he seemed so nice that i was only mildly annoyed at having to wait another 15 minutes for my room to get ready. (If you knew at 2:00 that I was ready to get into my room, wouldn't mine be one of the first rooms you cleaned to ensure that it's at least ready by 4:00?)

My room was $139 on a Tuesday night...which, from what I can tell, is more than typical for this type of room/hotel in Bandon.

For that price, I expect my ocean view to be quite nice. Mine sucked! The window was about 75% parking lot and 25% ocean (as in just the still blue ocean - no waves crashing into the beach - because to see that from my angle, I'd have needed to be about 6 stories higher).....
If I stood in just the right spot in the corner of the room, hen it was more like 50% ocean.

Having said that, it looked like several (most?) of the rooms had great views. But I didn't seem to get a discount for having a crappy "oceanfront" view. I'd have asked for a different room, but there were no better rooms available.

If not a great view, I would expect more frills for that price. There were none. No pool, no breakfast, etc.

The room itself was fine, although the beds were pretty firm and I prefer soft. I had a room with a kitchenette....and the cupboards all had the doors removed....i thought that was odd and and a little unaesthetic, but it didn't really change my opinion of the room.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Kirchberg SG, Schweiz
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

It's not only the view, but also the friendly staff, the clean rooms and the direct access to the beach that make the bandon beach motel a really nice place to stay.
We really enjoyed our vacation at this unique place at the beach with the seals and sealions, the rocks and the sand...
The coffee was good (even for Europeans) and the rooms were perfectly cleaned. It's amazing what you made out of this motel.
We stayed two nights in room 108, which was really nice, and for one night we had room 206, which was just breathtaking.

Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

If you are looking for a no-nonsense motel with a spectacular view (get a second floor ocean view room) you will not be disappointed. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. The room was not fancy but was functional (frig and microwave). This place is about location, location, location. Perched on a cliff overlooking the Pacific right next to a beach access staircase. Enjoy!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Bandon Beach Motel? Share your experiences!