“Expensive but boy is that view worth it.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bandon Beach Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bandon
Bandon Beach Motel
You added Bandon Beach Motel to your Saves list
1090 Portland Ave, Bandon, OR   |
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Bandon
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Preston, United Kingdom
“Expensive but boy is that view worth it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

We toured the North West of America in Sept 2011 and stayed in many different places but this by far was the most expensive. I can't complain too much as the view was spectacular and the room was spotless. On a bluff overlooking the beach we opened the windows during the night so that we could hear the waves.....Stunning.

Bandon Beach itself is quite small and limited on places to eat if you have a child with you (my daughter is 11). I wanted to eat at Tony's Crab Shack as Tripadvisor had highly recommended it, but my little girl got really upset over the idea of picking a live crab or lobster to eat so we had to find somewhere else!!! (Kids.......too sensitive.....I blame the parents!!). The beach is truly amazing and even though I got fed up with Sea Stacks towards the end of my trip (there are sooooo many) the ones here are gorgeous. I've got lovely photos to go with lovely memories.

• Stayed September 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Bielefeld, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

We arrived at the Bandon Beach Motel after a long day of driving and felt instantly at home. All rooms face the ocean. Our room also had a balcony (I can´t tell if every room has one) and was very clean. During opening hours they offer hot drinks (coffee, tea) at the front desk for free. The motel is family owned which I liked very much. They enjoy having guests and always try to help if they can. Sadly, we couldn´t enjoy the view as the famous coast fog wouldn´t go away the whole time. As we booked the motel mainly because of it´s location we now have a good reason to visit again :)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

It's more than just the views which are spectacular. It's the experience that this wonderful motel allows you such ready access to. The beach wonderful walking trails the desire to be a part of the wonder of nature all around you. Come here. Stay here. You will be glad you did.

• Stayed December 2011
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

This motel is a hidden little gem along the Oregon coast. The quiet location and easy beach access make it perfect for a vacation. The beach was ideal- nearly secluded with plenty of sealife. We happened to be staying at the motel the night before the lowest tide of the year. Thankfully, some kind guests told us about it, and the next morning the tide had recessed way past the huge rock stacks in the ocean. Our room was great for the price; nothing fancy, but clean and cozy. We also had a great view of the ocean. Whenever we travel to Oregon again, we'll definitely stay at the Bandon Beach Motel again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Ashland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

This motel is indeed excellent!!

I've done a lot of traveling and stayed at a lot of places both within the U.S. and abroad. I've visited Bandon a few times and had a room at the Bandon Beach Motel more than once - the first time I stayed for about two weeks.

The Motel has an amazing location a short distance from the old town and steps away from an amazing (quiet and breathtaking) stretch of Beach; the best of Bandon, I think. My favorite thing to do is run along it with my dog.

The staff loves the property and people more than any other place I've visited, and they treat you as a long lost friend. This year I even shared a Christmas walk on the beach and lunch with one of the owners!

A hidden gem with a reasonable price. The rooms I enjoy have a fireplace (mostly electric due to sometimes windy evenings), microwave, mini-fridge..... and VIEW!

Will I return, absolutely. Many times, I expect!

Room Tip: I personally like the ones with a fireplace!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Auburn, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

Took a golf trip with two friends and discovered this incredible motel! Very clean, simple motel in a fabulous location. They actually had a room with three beds that was perfect for us. Aside from the incredible views, the motel is three minutes from old town Bandon for great food and very short drives to other amenities, including less than 15 minutes from world class golf at Bandon Dunes. Our timing for the trip allowed unbelievable tidepooling on the beach below the motel (100 yard walk) that was an unforgettable experience, and I am still enjoying the pictures from the vistas and on the beach to this day. I am already planning on a return trip with my family of four as Bandon is truly a wonderful place to visit for the views and other activies such as wildlife viewing, horseback riding on the beach, fishing, drives along the coast, and golf like you can not experience anywhere else in the states. Bandon Beach Motel is family owned and operated, very friendly, and with willingness to make your stay as wonderful and comfortable as possible, all at a value that would be very difficult to match. I can't wait to share the experience with my family, and possibly return with my golfing buddies as well!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Bandon, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

Ocean view. Ok beds great price definetly will be back!

Room Tip: Corner room view is awesome.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Bandon Beach Motel? Share your experiences!