“Noisy, dirty” 2 of 5 stars
Review of La Kris Inn

La Kris Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bandon
La Kris Inn
You added La Kris Inn to your Saves list
940 Oregon Ave, corner of 9th and Hwy 101, Bandon, OR 97411   |
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Bandon
Oregon
“Noisy, dirty”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2008

Our room was small, which I expected from the reviews, but charmingly decorated. Unfortunately, there were serious dusty bunnies in the corners, and throughout the night we had road noise on one side, people talking either side of our room (it was like the two groups were together and yelling through our room), and backhoe noise behind it. The price is better than other places in Bandon, but it wasn't worth the savings.

• Liked — decor
  • Disliked — not clean
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
LaKrisInn, Owner at La Kris Inn, responded to this review, December 11, 2008
We encourage our guests to let us know if the other guests are making excessive noise. It is not an uncommon problem when traveling and we will ask the neighbors to quiet down. It is unfortunate that we were not asked to interceed.
The backhoe issue was a one time event. We had arranged with the city to not do any work until after 10AM. The crew, however, did not get the message. We have addressed this with the city work crew.
The dirty portion of the review suprised me. We make every effort to run a clean motel as can be seen in our other reviews. We also encourage guests to look at the rooms before checking in so they can see what they are renting.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Mesa, AZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2008

Where is the place that the other reviewers stayed? As a frequent user of Tripadvisor this was the first time I was really disappointed in my choice. I found the motel to be old and worn out despite an attempt to redecorate. The room was tiny, but the worst part was the hardest bed I have ever slept on in my life. The front desk clerk (owner?) was less than friendly. The highlight of our conversation was when asked for restaurant recommendations, she said "they are all good." Low price point, but not a bargain.

• Liked — It was only one night
  • Disliked — The bed
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2008

We made our reservation at the La Kris because of the great reviews on Trip Advisor and because the room rate was really inexpensive for the Bandon area.. but I'm afraid we were disappointed. We had a room with 1 queen bed and the room was very small, so small in fact that we could only find room for one of our suitcases and we ended up leaving our other one in the car. Too, I didn't think the room was as clean as I had expected it to be from other reviewers. As a positive, the room was quiet even though it was right next to the highway. Next time we are in the Bandon area, we will look elsewhere.

• 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
AB, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2008

We decided to take a holiday and drive down the Oregon coast.Planned a couple of days in Newport and then Bandon.We had to call and bump our reservations back a day.They had no problems with that,and never charged us a service fee for it.Once we arrived we were a little concerned about being right on the highway, but after 9:30/10:00 p.m., the traffic literally dies off.We had 2 little dogs with us,charged us $10.00 for both and gave us our keys.The rooms were exceptionally clean and decorated very nice and cozy.We had a large bay window that we could leave open at night so a/c wasn't necessary. The owner, Steve D. was very friendly and would stop to visit with us in the evening.We will definitely go back again and we would recommend them to anyone!!!Thank you for making our stay so comfortable!!

• Liked — very comfortable and friendly
  • Disliked — too close to the highway
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2008

This probably started out as an average roadside motel. The owners (who I think live on the premises) have individually decorated all the rooms. There were lots of flowers, unique sheets/bedspread, a stuffed animal on the bed. The rooms are very small and they are located right on 101. There's no AC or fan but I'm guessing the coast is cool enough so this doesn't matter much. If we were going to spend a few days in Bandon, we would have stayed at a place right on the beach that provided larger rooms.

• Stayed August 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2008

We stayed at this hotel on the fourth of July, booking far in advance since I thought things may be booked up. I was a little worried since I had completed my reservation through e-mail and my only confirmation was an e-mail saying that they would be glad to have me. However, when we arrived, the owner was very friendly and had my reservation waiting, much to my relief.

The rooms are very clean, and as mentioned before, very quiet even though it is right on Hwy 101. Actually, our room was the last in line, about 10 feet from the highway and it was amazingly quiet.

The hotel is walking distance to Old Bandon, albeit down quite a hill. There is a grocery store and a drive-thru coffee shop right across the street which was handy.

Although we were only here one night, I would certainly stay again for longer when we visit Bandon again.

• Stayed July 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Portland, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2008

My wife and I were traveling the Oregon Coast and stopped for the night. We were very pleased with the cleanliness of the room and friendliness of the owners. The rate was very reasonable ($75). Close to old town and we walked to the beach in 20 minutes.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to La Kris Inn? Share your experiences!