“Not for light sleepers” 2 of 5 stars
Review of La Kris Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bandon
La Kris Inn
You added La Kris Inn to your Saves list
940 Oregon Ave, corner of 9th and Hwy 101, Bandon, OR 97411   |
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Bandon
Certificate of Excellence 2014
kc
“Not for light sleepers”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Beware of staying here if you are at all a light sleeper. There is not a dark curtain covering, just a light one. Making this much worse is that the porch light outside of each room remains lit all night with no means to shut it off by the guest ( I hoped that the switch just inside the door operated it, but it just controls the end table light). So, it was bright enough inside the room to be able to see everything in the room very clearly with all lights out, which is way too bright for me to sleep. I got maybe two hours. The rest of the hours were then spent listening to the trucks roll by on 101. The trucks go by steadily all night and are pretty loud inside of the room. Dark blinds would not be such a large expense, so I don't know why these aren't provided like they are in pretty much every other hotel I have ever stayed at. And make it so that the porch light can be turned off by the guest.
We stayed at a different motel every night on our 7 day Oregon coast trip, and they were all in the same price range as La Kris. This was far and away the most disappointing stay of our trip. And since I was wide awake and ready to roll by 630 am ( I might as well have left in the middle of the night since I wasn't sleeping) and the office didn't open until 9 or 10 am, I will pass on my dissatisfaction here instead of in person to the owner.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
LaKrisInn, Owner at La Kris Inn, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for the feedback. We were not aware that there was an issue with the curtains and will replace them within the month.

Road noise is a bigger challenge since we have no way to change this. It has not been an issue in the past but we are a roadside inn and there is a potential of traffic noise. Luckily, Bandon is a small town and the traffic tends to die about 8 PM though there will be an occassional vehicle passing through out the night.

The office is closed until 10 AM. Guests can always leave us a note and we will take the feedback seriously.

Thanks, Steve Dimock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed here last week for two nights while we played Bandon Dunes. The room was very clean, although a little small, but for the price it was still a great bargain. The owner is extremely accommodating and friendly. The only thing that bothered us was a long-term resident next door to us who complained about our talking (normal speaking voices and maybe a couple of laughs) when we returned to the room about 11:00. The owner let us move to another room which was perfect. Walking distance to Old Town. Really enjoyed it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
LaKrisInn, Owner at La Kris Inn, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for the kind comments. We appologise for the grumpy guest next door. We don't often have such problems but they do occur when staying in motels. I appreciated your understanding and am glad I still had a room we could move you to.
Eugene
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed the night at the La Kris Inn and we really enjoyed it. Even though it is right on the main road we did not hear anything. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were very clean. We stayed in room number 8 and it is great if you have little children. There were private rooms for the Inn on each side like a divider between the rooms. Great for the little ones that might make a lot of noise. The little ones don't disturb and others don't disturb them while they are sleeping. We will of course return on our next trip there.

Thank you, Karen S from Eugene, Or.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 8 very quiet for the little ones.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
LaKrisInn, Owner at La Kris Inn, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments.

Room 8 is unique in that it has the Garage on one side and a breezeway on the other. This seperates it from the rest of the rooms and should help to assure limited noise.
Medford, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I like to research almost everything before making a choice. As far as I am concerned, the La Kris Inn is one of the best choices in the Bandon area.

The room, although not too large, was exceptionally clean. Nice crisp, clean sheets on the bed and towels that actually had some substance to them (nice and thick). The queen sized bed was nice and semi-firm. Here are some points about the Inn to consider:

1) The Inn is close to Highway 101, but road noise doesn't seem to be a problem.

2) The parking area is small, but there is a space for each guest to park in front of their room.

3) Free WIFI is always a plus - yes, they have that!

4) Cable TV - lots of channels including HGTV (my wife's favorite).

5) The Inn is very close to Old Town - unless you walk regularly, take the car.

6) Price wise, the best value for your hotel/motel dollar in Bandon.

7) The only thing that was missing was an ice machine.

8) Steve, the owner/operator, is very nice and truly interested in pleasing his guests.

I had read another review that the people said they loved staying in Room #10. When I called to book a room, I asked Steve if that room was available (and it was) so we stayed there. Might I suggest you make the same request - you won't regret it!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
LaKrisInn, Owner at La Kris Inn, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review. We do have ice available through the office. I appologise for not making you aware of this. We look forward to seeing you again.
WA State USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

The La Kris Inn is a good budget choice for Bandon in the summer, when prices rise and crowds assemble. Although it is a short drive away from the water and from Old Town, it is a SHORT drive and for the more enterprising, an easy walk.

The room I stayed in was the definition of the word "spotless. The La Kris is an older motel but it is off the road and has been excellently maintained. Fresh paint has been applied to good effect, and the room decor is individualized and attractive.
The room was small but served its purpose--a quiet overnight stay. Although it's located on Highway 101, it is far enough back so that any road noise is non existent until about seven in the morning, and then I only noticed it because I'm an early riser.
The lack of three prong wall outlets bothered me since I travel with a laptop and assorted equipment which often need charging, and the lack of a toiletry shelf in the bath tub/shower also was a draw back. An older person with balance problems might have a problem with that, although the tub sides were low and easy to step over.
Besides the gorgeous shore rocks and the quaint lighthouse, the action on the harbor is fun to watch, and I understand that in the fall and spring the migratory birds stopping at Bandon Marsh are impressive to see.
A map of the town and the state parks around it can be obtained at the local real estate office if needed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
LaKrisInn, Owner at La Kris Inn, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
As always, we thank you for the kind comments. I will look into the three prong outlets as I thought they were present somewhere in all of the rooms.
For information about the migratory birds and other birding in the area check out the birding bandon web site that we maintain. It is not always the latest information but will have some suggestions.
Portland OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

This is an old style motel that has not been updated. It is very clean and priced very good for the location. No beach view, but close to old town Bandon (walking distance). The manager/owner was very accomdating and helpful. Not a room to spend a lot of time in, but good for a place to stay if you don't spend a lot of time in the room. No extras except WIFI. We would stay again for a one night stay.

Room Tip: On Hwy 101, so ask for a room that is farest away from the hwy.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
LaKrisInn, Owner at La Kris Inn, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
First, thank you for taking time to file a review. It is a fairly accurate review. We are an older motel and we do place an emphisis on cleanliness. It is our top priority. We do have WIFI and also offer over 70 channels of television, free DVD rental, DVD players in every room, In room coffee, refrigerator, and microwave.
Salem
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

This little inn is right on the main road, easy to find and I felt like I stepped into the past. The rooms are small and quaint, but very clean. They have updated for modern convenience, micro wave, fridge and of course TV. The bed was very comfortable and what's more, they are pet friendly. I would stay here again and recommend to a friend. We didn's spend a lot of time in the room, but for the one night we were there, it was very nice and a great price!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
LaKrisInn, Owner at La Kris Inn, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments. We always enjoy hearing from our guests and hope to see you again.

Been to La Kris Inn? Share your experiences!