“Go for the ice cream” 4 of 5 stars

Santa Maria, California
18 attraction reviews
“Go for the ice cream”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

This is a great spot for a delicious ice cream treat. Be careful how you order, though! My daughter ordered a "double" (thinking that meant 2 scoops) and asked for a scoop of two different flavors. She ended up with a double-size order - probably close to a pint of ice cream! I ordered a scoop of two different flavors - but didn't use the word "double" - and mine was a more manageable size serving, although still large! One suggestion I would make would be to have the flavors of ice cream listed on a board above the ice cream counter so you can make your choices while waiting in line. As it is currently set up, you can't see the flavors until you reach the counter and this slows up the service a bit. In addition to ice cream, the shop sells a lot of local products such as cheeses, jams, sauces and more. There are also other foods available to purchase like sandwiches. This was a great place to pick up gifts.

Depoe Bay, Oregon
22 attraction reviews
“Fun stop along the coast.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Nice cheese samples at this creamery. You can watch the workers behind the glass. It was busy with customers so were a little lax about getting the cheese samples restocked. Some of the cheeses were a little salty for me, but others okay. There are cheeses sold from other local makers in Oregon and even European countries. Well worth the stop.

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Oh the samples!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

They have lots of samples, and everything I've tried is delicious! We bought the garlic curds, cranberry almond block cheese, and the spreadable apricot cheese. So darn good!

Boardman, Ohio
12 attraction reviews
“Would've been 5-star sans the "I don't care attitude"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This used to be the Bandon Cheese Factory -- which was later taken over by Tillamook and subsequently closed -- so I was excited to find that another cheese factory had opened here. The remodel is very nice: it is small but well-designed with plenty of space and accommodations for visitors to sample cheeses for sale, get a coffee or an Umpqua ice cream and sit and enjoy time with friends and family both inside and outside. There are also very nice and clean bathroom facilities available to the public.

The cheeses were also very good. As a matter of fact, I liked several enough to purchase. However, I also found that several of the cheeses that I selected had NO nutritional information printed on them. This is very important to me, so I asked the young clerk in the cheese/deli area if they had that information available somewhere. From what I understand, several of the "newer" cheeses have no nutritional information available anywhere (hardly legal) -- because they are so new. I likely would have let this go because I am not a total jerk and I get that sometimes with small businesses things take time -- but the clerk answering me was so cavalier and flippant with me that I decided not to buy the $50 worth of cheese I was carrying. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that ALL the cheeses that DO have nutritional information are identical -- despite having different ingredients. This made me question their accuracy.

Umpqua ice cream is always good -- and the girl waiting on the long line there was sweet and generous. Be aware that the "child" size portion was huge -- easily enough for two, IMHO. Still, she was sweet enough to be redemption for what would have been a bad experience due to the "deli girl" …

Overall, it was a very nice stop that was jaded by one crappy employee.

Norwalk, California
20 attraction reviews
“Small factory with cheese samples and ice cream.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

They had a small assortment of cheeses and curds to sample. They had a small factory making cheese. They have a small ice cream palor along with a cafe. Clean restroom and very professional.