“Wanted Asian, not sure what we had.” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #34 of 43 Restaurants in Bandon
Cuisines: Asian
Port Clinton, Ohio
“Wanted Asian, not sure what we had.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We spent a week in Bandon & Coquille on family business. Asian Garden was recommended by a person we were working with and we gave it a try. I'm use to small town & touristy area Chinese and know they can be disappointing. Asian Garden was very disappointing. I ordered a spicy chicken dish and my cousin ordered a ginger beef dish. Mine was more sweet than spicy and since I'm diabetic I ate very little; my cousins dish was overwhelmed with some flavor, not ginger, that made it bitter tasting.

The servings were very large, enough for two meals or more and that made it worse because we left most of the food to be thrown out. The tea was hot and good.

If you think small town/tourist area Chinese is good, you will probably like this, otherwise, go somewhere else.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Bandon, Oregon
“Good Chinese food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

The service was good and the restaurant is very clean and well lit. The hot and sour soup was not as good as Lucky Star in Coos Bay. I had chicken subgum chow mein and sweet and sour chicken with the soup. Generous portions and tasty. It's a little more expensive than the Lucky Star but if you're hungry for Chinese and not willing to drive it's well worth it.

The bar is good too. Good happy hour. I wish they had more American traditional appetizers in the bar.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bandon, Oregon
“Took home some take out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Enjoyed the fried rice, fried won ton, bbq pork and shrimp. Everything was fresh and good. Nice portions, reasonably priced and tasted great.

Visited January 2013
Eugene
“Taste and Price both good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Nice folks good food and lots of it. Can't beat the price. We eat there 2 nights in a row. Took home next days breakfast. There food was very fresh.

Visited November 2012
Port Orford, Oregon, United States
“when you have a taste for the Orient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our meals have always been pretty good. I love their Mandarin fried chicken and prefer white rice to fried.........the owner and sometimes waitress always warns me that there is no vegetables with this dish. Easy enough to rectify if you want. Prices are reasonable, service is great and food tasty. A good value.

• Visited October 2012