“Work of Art” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 39 restaurants in Bandon
Cuisines: Sandwiches
Dining options: Dessert
Description: We offer a full line of award winning artisan chocolates and European style desserts as well as drinking chocolates and drinking caramels, gourmet sandwiches and salads.
Marietta, Georgia
“Work of Art”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The chocolates are almost too beautiful to eat----please note that I said almost because we ate everything that we purchased----and when we got back to our car we decided to go back and take photos of the chocolate art work, purchased some more and ate that. If you like chocolate you'll love this shop---right in the heart of Bandon.

91% Recommend
British Columba
“Not your average chocolate shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

If you love chocolate Coastal Mist should not be missed! The hot chocolate equals any we have had in Europe including Switzerland! If you are a chocolate snob this is the place for you. The chocolates are exquisite and a lot of attention has been paid to detail. The tempering is perfect. The atmosphere is inviting, the staff is friendly and the owners are obviously passionate and deservedly proud of their establishment.

Visited April 2013
Grants Pass, Oregon, United States
“A Chocolate Lovers Dream Come True”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

From the second you walk in the door and the blissful aroma reaches you you'll know you're not in a run of the mill "candy store". I'm not much of a chocolate connoisseur, or a fan of sweets for that matter, but I do appreciate when someone has taken time and effort into perfecting what they do and I can't imagine chocolate's being any more perfect than what they produce at Coastal Mist. The owners are warm, friendly people who clearly take pride in what they do. If you find yourself anywhere near Bandon, you owe it to yourself to stop by,

Grants Pass, Oregon
“There are no superlatives left”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I would suggest an intermediate size serving be available for the hot chocolate and caramel, but a minor wish versus their deserving every award received. Many reviews mention Belgium for the chocolate, but not so many chocolatiers, which in this country have almost all been French. Don't be surpised to see Coastal Mist either featured on one of the food channels as either restaurant, chocolatier, contestant or all three.

Florence, Oregon
“Belgian Chocolate at its best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The only difference between this award-winning artisan chocolate boutique in Bandon and one in Brussels, Belgium, is its location. It is a one-stop shop for European style pastries, desserts and catering. So far I’ve only indulged myself with the incredibly delicious and beautiful in-house pastries and handmade chocolates, but I would certainly turn to Coastal Mist as my first choice for any catering needs as well. My husband and I have also enjoyed their lunch menu on a number of occasions. Everything is made from scratch in-house and is as fresh as it could be. Since they only make a limited number of sandwiches per day, it is wise to telephone ahead to ensure their availability. Believe us when we say that everything is sold very quickly every day. The owners/proprietors are a professionally trained husband and wife team of a master chef and a master pastry chef, who honed their chocolatier craft in Belgium under a local Belgian mentor. I could go on and on, but suffice it to say that this place is so good that my husband and I drive nearly 150 miles round-trip regularly for a special treat. We are never disappointed!

• Visited March 2013