“Favorite course I have played” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bandon Face Rock Golf Course

Bandon Face Rock Golf Course
3235 Beach Loop Drive SW, Bandon, OR 97411 (Formerly Old Bandon Golf Links)
541-329-1927
Website
Improve this listing
Coquille, Oregon, United States
“Favorite course I have played”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

I have been playing at Old Bandon Golf Links for a couple years now and I can honestly say it is by far my favorite golf course to play. The owners are always very nice, the prices are very affordable, and the course is in good condition. I recommend that anyone going through, or just stopping by the Bandon area stop in and give this fun little course a visit.

Eugene, Oregon, United States
“Amazing short course..best one around!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

I have played OBGL multiple times, both as a causual round and their best ball days. I am happy to have such an inviting atmosphere at a short course that provides both challenging holes and fun for everyone. I even got my girlfriend to play it :P I would definitely recommend this course to anyone who golfs that is near the bandon area, it is definitely a course worth playing! I plan to play anytime I come home from Eugene. Gotta give props to Kim and Troy Russell for getting and keeping the course in great condition. Probably my favorite course in the area! Good job guys keep up the good work :) hope you keep at it!!

Coos Bay
“Fantastic experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

I have golfed in many small courses. This is the only one that made me feel as though I was in a larger course. It was friendly , Accomodating and very well maintained. it was challenging yet not threatening. I would give this course a 10. BOB

Portland, Oregon
“Old Bandon Golf Links... one of my favorite places to golf!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

I have played OBGL multiple times using hickory golf clubs and every time I go, I have a great time golfing. I started taking trips to Bandon, OR to play golf at OBGL due to having 1880's and 1920's era hickory golf clubs to rent. I rented a set of 1880's clubs and loved it. I ended up getting my own set and now return to play as often as possible. Kim and Troy Russell do a great job of running the course and it has gotten even better every time I visit from Portland, OR. Everyone thinks of Bandon Dunes but Old Bandon Golf Links is a must if you visit Bandon, OR. Course is fun and challenging, especially with the hickory clubs and prices are very reasonable. I restock on the 1880's gutta percha balls every time I visit. Wish I could visit more often and play in some events with my modern clubs too.

Beaverton, Oregon
“Grab your golf buddies and play hickory shafts.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Heading back for birthday in October with eight of us. What better photo shoot. Small course with small greens but great for hickory shaft play. If you are a fan of nostalgia then this is the place to go.

Visited July 2011