“Excellent fish 'n chips and plenty of it!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 44 Restaurants in Bandon
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Oregon
“Excellent fish 'n chips and plenty of it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Stopped by for fish 'n chips while in town for a day. The portions are huge, the biggest helping I've ever seen anywhere, you will certainly not leave hungry. The pacific cod and the fries were very very good. You could tell the fish was very fresh. It's just a small place on the waterfront but the food was amazing and the service was friendly too. We'll certainly be back the next time we're in the area.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bandon, Oregon
“Hard to beat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

God chowder and cod! They give you plenty of it too!

SWOregon
“Food Was Great but Not the Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

My husband had the Salmon Fish and Chips, I had the Jumbo Prawns and Chips. We were eating there but they boxed it (Our meals should have been in a basket, not a box), then gave it to us. Only problem was they gave us the Salmon and someone else's fish. Even though I opened it and looked through the box to see what was in it, they didn't seem to think it would be a problem to give it to the nice man waiting for his food. When mine came the sauces were not what I ordered and getting someone to help was a chore.
What redeemed them was the fact that the food was outstanding! Great chips, tasty fish/shrimp and great beverage offerings. Next time I may just get the chowder. The thing is, there will be a next time.

Visited February 2012
roseburg
“great place for chowder”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

Always stop here on a trip to Bandon, they have great fish and chips. This time had the chowder in a bread bowl, delish!!

Visited February 2012
Coquille, Oregon
“Better Than It Needs To Be!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

As a local, one of the things I appreciate about the Bandon waterfront is that the restaurants you find there -almost all of them- are better than they'd have to be. Bandon is easily the region's most popular tourist venue, and I'd like to think that not only was the city's leadership smart enough to invest significantly in developing an attractive waterfront, but that they've worked together with the area restaurateurs to assure that Bandon doesn't get a rep as a tourist trap. I think a visit to Bandon Fish Market will reinforce that feeling.

No one will think that this place has cheap prices! And I'd be the first to tell you that I do not buy fresh fish here - their prices for fresh fish are to me too high - instead I drive to Charleston for that. But for a fish sandwich, or a bowl of clam chowder, this is one of my favorite spots.

I love Halibut, and although Bandon Fish Market has relatively high priced fresh Halibut sandwiches and baskets, they also have a very reasonably priced minced Halibut patty (previously frozen) sandwich which I find delicious. Additionally they offer a fresh and delicious Salmon sandwich, which is frequently my choice here.

As an 'old' restaurant worker, I can easily identify the nice 'touches' that are so often neglected in a food service environment - and here what I see and love are things like the high quality little club rolls that they use for their sandwiches (simply wonderful!), the addition of a small sealed container of clam chowder, and another of really good cole slaw that always accompany take-out orders. Additionally, your take-out order will come in an attractive little white box that are not much seen anymore.

Indoor seating is hard to come by at the Fish Market, but they have two outdoor areas, one at the west-end of the building, with nice big tables and a great view of the harbor - and another rather utilitarian area on the south street side with tiny benches and a view of the stores across the street. Hey, it's still better that eating while standing up. However, if you find no luck in finding a seat at the Fish Market, just walk toward the water and grab a bench in the sun, which will be better anyway.

Visited January 2012