“Expect to wait and wait” 3 of 5 stars

541 347-8151
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Indoor and outdoor ocean view dining in Bandon by the Sea. Live crab & lobster tank, excellent seafood, choice steaks and great burgers. Expansive wine list with full bar.
Medford, Oregon
“Expect to wait and wait”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We ate here twice on our trip. We were staying at the hotel and had dinner certificates as part of our hotel package. If we had not had the certificate for the second night, we would not have eaten here. The first night, the food was very good but from the time we were seated to the time we got our check was well over 1.5 hours. Thankfully we didn't have anything else planned for the night. The second night, it was almost 30 minutes from the time we were seated to the time they took our order. It was another half hour to get our soup. 30 minutes to put soup in a bowl. People were waiting 30-45 minutes to get a salad. The biggest disappointment was the prawns. For $19, we expected some nice large prawns. When dinner arrived there were 7 small shrimp on a plate with some soggy vegetables, the type/size of shrimp you would get at another restaurant if you ordered a side of shrimp. It was not worth the $19, I would barely pay $9 for it. If we hadn't had the certificates, I would have been very upset and probably wouldn't have paid for the meal. The second night, from sitting to getting our check was over 2 hours. Overall it was a very disappointing meal.

The only thing that made the wait bearable was Nick and Cathy (the performers at the restaurant). They were very entertaining, very talented, and very personable. If you have a chance to see them and have the time to wait for dinner, do take the opportunity to see them. Just avoid the prawns and seasonal veggies.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

OREGON
“2 Hours later we got the bill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I know they were busy and if we did not have a nice view I would of flipped out on how long it took to get service. We heard a nearby table being offered fresh bread, how long the waits were gonna be for each step of their meal. I was finding my own pitcher of water, wandering why we were not being offered fresh bread, no updates. We got are food and it was alright, seems like it was a rushed order. Then waiting to pay our bill and get to go food boxes. I was pissed had to go in the middle of the place looking for someone so I could get the hell gone . I think we could of walked out and not paid and it would of been a half hour until someone would of figured out we left. Place was only half full then. had to give my bill to someone else to pay and when I finally saw our waitress I asked her once again for to go boxes she acted like it was too much trouble. So by the time we made it in and out it was 2 hours.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Eugene, Oregon
“brthday celebration at the beach”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We had dinner one night. The staff was kinda slow and dinner was an hours wait. I had shrimp linguini that was very tasty but the noodles were spagetti not linguini. My husband had prime rib that was bland and tuff. They were playing oldies over the P.A. that did nothing for the ambiebance. On the up side the place was clean and had a nice view of Face Rock.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
BALTIMORE
“Gone a bit downhill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This used to be one of my favorite places to eat, but my last experience was more mixed. The staff has gotten younger. They lef

Visited August 2013
Woodinville, Washington
“Don't order the Crab Nachos! They aren't NACHOS!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We had two nice salads - and good bread. This is only reason that we didn't rate this "1 circle".

The "crab nachos" were more than a disappointment!
The were 8-10 cold flour tortillas triangles 2" x 1" wedges.
Each had a tiny bit of cold crab, some cold grated cheddar, cold sour cream, and canned green salsa. The nachos alone cost us $15.00!
We mentioned that the description in the menu didn't sound like what we were given - and the only answer we got was - "This is how we serve them".

• Visited July 2013