“Good Food but Nothing Special” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Salem, Oregon
“Good Food but Nothing Special”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

For staying at the Sunridge Inn, I got a $2 off coupon for the Sunridge Inn Restaurant. I figured it was worth a try.

The service from the two employees I interacted with was prompt, efficient, and accurate, but not particularly friendly. I did hear them having longer and more animated conversations with regular customers, though, so perhaps I was just an unfamiliar face.

The place was definitely clean and pleasantly inviting in the morning, especially with all the big windows to let in the sunlight. I was seated at a booth. The seat was comfortable, but unusually low, so I had to kind of reach up to get to stuff on the table.

I ordered the "Country Scramble" (at least I think that's what it was) which consisted of eggs, hash browns, sausage, and country gravy. I enjoyed the flavor and wished I could have taken home the leftovers (they wouldn't last in a long car trip). The portion was very large. I also ordered a cinnamon roll because I wanted something sweet. I didn't expect it to be nearly as big as a phone book! It was good, but it was also strange because they put a big gob of butter on top of it, which I removed because I didn't think I needed extra fat to go along with an already calorie-laden pastry.

Not many options for breakfast in Baker City, and this is a good one, but don't expect to come away from it saying, "Wow, that was amazing!"

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Baker City, Oregon, United States
“inconsistent”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This could be a great place if the food was cooked decently. Sometimes
it is raw meat, sometimes cooked to long. Fish and chicken is overfried.
About the only thing consistent is scrambled eggs and ham.

Visited May 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Corned beef hash”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

My first experience at Sunridge was their corned beef hash and I rank it as my favorite hash. I don't know what made it so good but I'm in love with it. Figuring the rest of the menu should be just as good I made most of my meals that weekend visit at the Sunridge. Over 3 days I think I ate there over 6 times. I'd eat at the Sunridge if it were here in Seattle.

Visited September 2012
West Kelowna, Canada
“had breakfast only”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

coffee and toast pretty hard to mess that up----waiters were very friendly and was the best part off our stay there

Visited October 2012
Baker City
“First time awful, second time STERLING”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

So I will describe both of my trips to the Sunridge Inn Restaurant or Sonny's Restaurant, whatever you want to call it. The first trip was about three years ago. My Grandparents were in town visiting and we decided to go to the restaurant that was at the hotel they were staying in. We decided to sit outside considering it was a beautiful morning and the waitress sat us. We sat outside for probably fifteen minutes before we were asked if we wanted coffee or anything else to drink. When the drinks came, we waited for THIRTY minutes before anyone asked us for our food orders. My Grandpa, being the hothead that he is basically said we are leaving and the drinks were free. The staff obliged and we walked out (I was embaressed by the way he acted by the way).

My wife and I decided to give this place another try and boy were we pleasantly surprised. The waitress kindly told us that the patio was closed this early in the morning (9:30) and that it wouldn't open until 11:00. Fine by us. Our waitress sat us next to an elderly couple and we thought that since we have a young child, we didn't want to annoy the other patrons because she can tend to be noisy! She obliged and put us in the very back and offered us beverages. She accidently gave me coffee (not a coffee drinker) and when I pointed this out, she gladly took it off the bill.

The food came out delicious (I had an omelet) and my wife had a waffle. Both syrups were delicious (according to my wife) and the service was excellent. Either they have changed something in the last three years or hired some decent help. I don't know if it is hit or miss these days but we definitely came in on a good day.

I would recommend this to everyone (but my Grandpa!).

• Visited September 2012