“Not the cleanest, but comfortable” 3 of 5 stars

Eldorado Inn
695 Campbell Street, Baker City, OR 97814   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Baker City B&B and Inns
Duluth, Georgia
“Not the cleanest, but comfortable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed a couple nights at the Eldorado Inn for two reasons - affordability and late check out.

The breakfast was meager at best, adding little value.
The indoor pool had massive amounts of dirt clearly visible in the deep end and was over-chlorinated, so I did not indulge.

The bed was comfortable, but not very modern as I have come to expect from any lodging facility, regardless of the cost.

This hotel had some very unique "quirks" that added to its character such as the large, oversized interior trim and the vanity faucet straight out of the Great Gatsby.

The stay overall was pleasant.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Bismarck, North Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've stayed here about 12-15 times in the last 12 years. Its not opulent or fancy, but it's still a good value for the money. It has an indoor pool, but the breakfast is on the skimpy side. It's right off the Interstate and near some fast food restaurants, grocery, and drugstore in walking distance, plus it is still an easy drive downtown. The rooms are a little aged, but clean on the whole. I've gone for business and pleasure.

Room Tip: I've slept in several, but try to get one in the middle on the side away from the truckstop. I...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Centennial, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

This motel is showing its age and badly in need of updating. Rooms are small with NO place to stow clothing. Air conditioner was noisy and had to run it during our visit in July. Breakfast was average, much like the chain motels. Staff was friendly but we will try another location on our next visit to Baker City.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We travel a lot, and have no problem staying in motels, but when it comes to cleanliness, sorry but that is high on our list. Carpet is filthy and stained. Did not trust the blankets or comforter so we stripped them from our bed, and used blankets we had in the car that we use to sit on at baseball ball fields because we felt they were cleaner. The toilet will not stop running all night long, but we were able to mask the sound by turning on the air conditioner whether we needed it or not. Really like the guests staying here hanging out in the parking lot drinking, smoking and arguing loudly about their sister, or girlfriend or maybe it was the same thing. Water pressure was fine in the shower, however, and there was lots of hot water thank God. I highly recommend they figure out a better continental breakfast even if they only do it on MIner's Jubilee and Baseball tournament weekends. Sure, the waffles are fine, but the fruit is not ripe yet, the coffee is watery, and is it too much to ask to offer juices, hot chocolate, and sweet and low? Go check out the Patel's Travelodge in Pendleton, OR for an idea of how to do the continental breakfast right. The front desk staff are lovely - friendly, accommodating, and helpful so this experience is NOT a reflection on the staff at all - it is about the choices the owners are making to offer the least bit possible. I almost never give a bad review anywhere because I always make lemonade out of lemons, but I could barely sleep on the bed that was too short (and I am only 5'5"), and I would bet the mattresses were bought in the 70s if then. Baker City is a destination town for folks wanting to look at the history of the Oregon Trail, athletes, and more, so spruce this up a bit since the location is great - central to fast food, the park, etc.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for non smoking and not near the laundry room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Puyallup, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Stayed for four days during Hells Canyon Motorcycle Rally....room was clean and comfortable. Staff help was friendly and willing to help. Continental breakfast...bright clean room..fresh food and coffee. We even used the area for evening festivities....Staff provided us with rags and water when we asked about washing our motorcycles. Indoor pool...very clean...well kept. Would definitely stay again!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Lyons, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

Stayed in February, and the heat in our room was broken and did not work. We were only provided a sheet and a comforter and shivered all night long. In addition, the toilet was broken and ran all night. I had to turn the water off to the toilet to get it to stop running. In the morning, I finally got about a half hour sleep only to be woke up by the cleaning crew, who unlocked the door and walked right in on me sleeping (I was happy to at least have a sheet to cover myself up). In hindsight, I should have hung the do not disturb sign outside my door, but didn't think that was necessary since check out time was not until 11 am. We complained to the front desk, and they wrote down a note and thanked us for our stay, without even offering an apology or giving us a rebate. Would definitely not stay there again! What a nightmare!

Room Tip: Avoid this place! I got this just because I was getting into town late and needed a place to sleep...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Northern California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

I stayed at the El-Do (that is what I called it) when in Baker for a family reunion. The family all stayed across the street at the Sunridge, but, by the time I tried to book there, they were out of room, so I stayed at the El-Do. It is your basic motel - not bad, not great. It does have an indoor pool, which can be good at certain times of the year. There are places to eat within walking distance and Safeway is a short walk. You can even walk to the downtown.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Been to Eldorado Inn? Share your experiences!