“Comfort and Character Combined” 5 of 5 stars

Geiser Grand Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1996 Main Street, Baker City, OR 97814   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Baker City
Lakeview, Oregon
“Comfort and Character Combined”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times for business trips, and I truly feel that this hotel and the staff turn business into pleasure! I have checked in at all hours of the night and day, and no matter when I arrive, the staff is as friendly, helpful and courteous as always. I've never had the same desk attendant and I can honestly say that I have not had one unpleasant front desk experience. Not only do I know I can count on comfort and luxury to be provided each and every time, but I enjoy the character the building and rooms have. I will ALWAYS stay at this beautiful hotel when I travel to Baker City, and I suggest you do the same!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This historic hotel is quite nice, certainly a better (if more expensive) choice than the various motels in town. Our room was spacious and clean and the hotel has been restored in a way that provides at least a sense of what it must have been like in the "old days."

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, BC, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed staying here and will again the next time we are in Baker City. The hotel is beautifully restored and is a refreshing change from cookie cutter chains. The stained glass ceiling is a treat. Staff are very friendly.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My family and I stayed here over the weekend. This was a very beautifully restored hotel. The rooms were very large, and the history of the place oozes from every nook and cranny. Each room features furniture and items from the turn of the century, as well as modern conveniences. We checked in on Saturday, and took the hotel tour at 3:30p. If you plan on staying over a Saturday night, the tour is not to be missed. Your tour guide is a very spry older woman that dresses in century clothing, very fitting for the historic hues of the hotel. She tells you all there is to know about the building's past.... from the gold mining days, to the brothel, to the hauntings. We stayed on the third floor, rooms 302, 303, 304, 305 and 306. Although my husband and I did not have any unexplained personal experiences, four of my family members did. Whether you want to get away for a romantic excursion with your partner, or have a fun night filled with intrigue and suspense, I highly recommend a night at the Geiser Grand. We will return to this hotel :)

Room Tip: 302 is said to be the most haunted room, but quite honestly, it was not the only room in that hall t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ashland, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

A quick family trip to Baker City with no idea where to stay. We got lucky and were treated so graciously by the staff that we had no choice but chose the Grand Geiser. So glad we did. The most beautifully and carefully restored hotel we've ever stayed at. High ceilings, chandeleers in each room, gorgeous woodwork and stained glass. All the modern conveniences with an historic old-west "spirited" feel. Wonderful food (live Maine Lobster, chosen and prepared before us) and live music. Truly an experience worth the trip in itself. Thank you Geiser Grand for an unforgettable visit. We will be back soon.

Room Tip: Every room is beautiful. However, the Cupola Suite seems to have the most character and a wonderful...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

We stay here almost every year and love it for its history and romantic feel. We were a little disappointed this time with the restaurant, however. It just wasn't as great as we are used to, but it is still a wonderful gem.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My daughter & I noticed this historic hotel on a cross country drive heading east earlier this year. When it was time to drive west, it was the first place I wanted to visit! I was thrilled with my room, the staff and my breakfast the next morning. Next time I plan to bring my husband and spend more time enjoying the ambiance of this beautiful hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Geiser Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!