“Dog urine” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Baker City
Seattle, Washington
“Dog urine”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I requested a pet room and not only was it a pet room it was a smoking room too, it smelled so terrible of dog urine between the stinch of cigarette smoke and overwhelming urine breathing was painful; we ended up checking out and going to another motel.

Room Tip: If you have a pet stay at Super 8, Best Western or Always Welcome Inn
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Jim P, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Baker City, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Hi Marry s.
On behalf of myself and the entire team we would like to extend our appreciation for all your feedback in regards to your stay with us at Rodeway inn. we are sorry about your recent stay experiance is not nice . after your reviwe i have pershnooly check that room yes you are wright a little urine small is thire . thank you so much to bring to us.just to let you know that we are renovating our hotel stap by stap we are puting new carpet in some room as i am writing this reviwe new carpet are installing in rooms. i just urge you to please give us a second chance .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Me and my family stayed here weekend and we are so glad we had. I normally don't write reviews but this stay was outstanding. It starts with the Front Desk and every time I walked by they said hi and looked at me with a genuine smile. I would walk out of my room and housekeeping has a smile and greeted me and all over staff were so friendly.
The room was spotless and looked brand new.
I can go on and on but it was such a great time and I will be back this summer and we all cant wait.
Thank you Roadway Inn for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Recommended to stay here.......
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Great place to stay while in Baker city! Second year in a row I've stayed here for a work function and the hotel is just wonderful! The rooms are very nice, staff was very good, the hotel is very clean and the location is perfect! Walk to restaurants and shops...would definately return.

Room Tip: Recommended to stay here and i would definately return.
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I thought because there were several cars in the parking lot, this might be a good place to stay. Not typically a budget type; I prefer a more upscale stay but thought I would check it out. First, the staff was unimpressive, the room I was shown had hair in the tub and corners in bathroom were not clean. I did not want to stay at the overpriced Best Western on a unexpected trip to Baker City so I stopped in here and was not sure where to stay after looking at the room but fortunately a colleague suggested another hotel where cleanliness and customer service is their specialty.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

The place is wonderful, with great staff and it's near by almost all the available restaurants. The price was really affordable and it overall was a nice, clean, friendly, comfortable, and welcoming experience. I would recommend everyone to stay here.

We were really surprised by this hotel, mainly because Baker City itself is a really small town. We didn't expect the hotels to be anything great, but we were surprised. The staff was really friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean. The beds were comfortable. Overall, it was an amazing experience. If we're ever back in this area, this is where we'll be staying.

Stayed March 2014
St. George, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The Rodeway Inn was fairly inexpensive and clean. A fine motel to stay at for a night.

The night we stayed, the entire city of Baker had contaminated water, so they motel was providing lots and lots of water bottles to each guest. This affected the breakfast, which consisted of a few dry cereals and tiny blue berry muffins. However, looking around, it looks like when the water is on it's closer to what you'd get at a Hampton Inn - a waffle maker, coffee, juices, etc..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Madras, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The Rodeway Inn was nice. The breakfast was nice, not big but good. The only thing I didn't care for was it had no no pool, however they partnered with a hotel down the street a block that we could use. It was very nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Rodeway Inn Baker City? Share your experiences!