“FAILED TO HONOR GAURENTEED RESERVATION” 1 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11500 West I-40 Service Road, Yukon, OK 73099   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Yukon
Henderson, Nevada
“FAILED TO HONOR GAURENTEED RESERVATION”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

i am an Elite member of La Quinta and travel very extensively throughout the western region. I arrived in Oklahoma City on a late flight only to find they had no rooms available even though my reservation was in their system. The on duty person tried to call her manager but was not successful. She also checked local area hotels but no rooms were available. It was not until I asked her to check another La Quinta near the airport that I found a room. I backtracked to the other La Quinta and finally got in a little after midnight. I keep a La Quinta directory of hotels with me and this will be the third La Quinta that I will not ever stay at again. I am having to re-evaluate my loyality to La Quinta.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

On the plus side this place has wifi and is pet friendly. The rooms were clean and the breakfast was decent. This motel has paper thin walls. I expect to hear others and understand it is not my home. After a long drive, I released my two little boys in the bathtub to wash off travel grime. It was 10:00 and I took me a half hour to get them down and to Skype grandma. I received a noise complaint from the front desk. My little ones were audible, but were talking normally. My guess is there is a lot of oil workers in the area that live in the motel. This is not vacation for them and most don't understand that it is impossible for a four year old to stay up all night( any noise will be over quickly). I could clearly hear music on both sides of my room and I somehow managed to understand that this is not as quiet as my home. The front desk staff was abrasive and condescending. Just be aware if you have little ones, given the attitude of the desk staff and the oil worker patrons, this location may not be ideal.

Room Tip: Choose and end room if traveling with children.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Travelers are raving about these Yukon hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

we stay here on our drives between Arizona and Arkansas (visiting family). Convenient location, friendly staff, nice indoor pool for the kid to get energy out in. Also near the Interurban restaurant which has great food. We like the pet-friendly environment and the value. Stay here and you will enjoy!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

New Braunfels, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The good: Hotel was clean and as it is somewhat new, in decent shape.

The bad: Where to start? When I checked in they had only one room instead of the two I had reserved though they did fix this quickly. That was only a harbinger of things to come....

After getting ready for bed I discovered the toilet was inoperable. When I called to report the problem I was told I would have to come down and get a plunger as he was the only one there and couldn't leave the desk. So I redressed, got the plunger, and tried to get the toilet to work. No luck. Moved to a new room and discovered I was (seriously) under a room with teenage boys. Thud! Thud! Stomp, slam! They were swimming and running in and out of the room. After an hour of this I redressed and went to the front desk to discuss the problem. He called and asked them to keep it down, and they did for while, but they are kids so it was still pretty loud. Bad service and I am really just fed up with hotels that make little or no effort at soundproofing.

I got little sleep and got a lot of practice at dressing and redressing. Oh, and the "free" breakfast is one of the worst I've experienced, both in taste and selection.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Portland, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I checked into the room on March 16 and checked out on March 24. The following was my experience. On Monday I reported lights out in the back parking lot by the time I checked out on following Sunday the lights had not been replaced. The pool was dirty. By the skimmer for the pool was a wad of hair and I dont mean a little one. Looked in the skimmer and the sight of it told me why pool water was green. First and last time in the pool. On Friday I reported right outside the door to the back parking lot someone had thrown up. (I mean as you opened the door you had to step over it to get past it.) By the time I checked out on Sunday people still had to step over this to go out the back door. I did not eat breakfast there everyday; however, on Friday my husband tried but there was no hot food. Breakfast from 6:00 to 10:00. He was there at 9:00. When he told someone there was no hot food they ignored him. Elevator got pretty scarry at times also.
In my room was a chair that had a stain. I do not believe anyone would want to sit on the stain considering where it was and how it looked. Could not sit on the loveseat unless wanted springs in your bottom.
The only positive was the housekeeping ladies. I cleaned my own room while there; however, anytime I wanted to change towels or get trash bags the ladies were very willing to accomodate.
Front desk people just gave lip service. Saying they would take care of things such as the throw up but never did.
My family leaves in the Yukon area. I had never stayed at this motel before and never will again. Would much rather go to the Best Western next door where I know my grandchildren can swim in a clean pool.

Room Tip: Go to another motel!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Ebony at the front desk was so helpful. Previous reviews talk about the dirty grass areas. It is your fault not La Quintas. Please clean up after your dogs! The hotel is very liberal with dogs, so don't ruin it for the rest if us who carry poop bags !!! There were trash cans so no excuse.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Oklahoma City -Yukon? Share your experiences!