“Worst place we ever stayed in!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Days Inn Woodward
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1212 North West Highway 270, Woodward, OK 73801   |
Ranked #7 of 11 hotels in Woodward
Cunningham, Ks 67035
“Worst place we ever stayed in!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

This place was the worst place we stayed on vacation. It does not deserve to be called a Days Inn. It's not any better than the $19.99 rooms you find that are in all towns and would not dare stay at. Woman took forever to get us checked in. First room had flies everywhere. Door on first room had no lock on top. No Dead bolt that would close by the handle. Looked like door had been kicked in. Second room the alarm clock was unplugged when went in. Later found out the button to set it was pushed in and stuck. Couldn't get it out to set. Wanted to check for mass schedules that evening. Went to office to use computer. Cover was off front of it. Manager finally pushed button and got it on. Password wouldn't work. Manager finally used her cell phone to find us church times. Sunday morning went to breakfast. Not many choices. Decided for hot water for hot tea. Could not get microwave to start. Finally manager came in and got it going.
Should of left after the first room. Stupid Us. Never again!
Room115

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

Although this was not my first stay, this time I noticed so many changes and improvements. Front desks people are really helpful and greeted with smile during my last visit. Whereas, when I visited the place last Nov 2010 things were little different.

Rooms are much more cleaner than before. I won't hesitate to choose this motel if I come back for my business trip.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Rockford, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

We checked in at the desk and noticed the free WiFi didn't come up very quickly, but were told it was better in the rooms. We found we couldn't connect at all in the room to which we were assigned. The staff's solution was to use the computer in their lobby or try to use our computers outside -- at night? In the cold? They advertised free WiFi in the rooms and we felt that was a convenience for which we were paying.

Next, as we pulled up to our room, we noticed a massive stack of old mattresses littering the parking lot. Our first concern was whether there had been a recent bed bug infestation. We still do not have the answer to that. Second, why would you leave the mattresses in the parking lot to detract customers? Why weren't they removed immediately? It wasn't a weekend!

We walked into the room and immediately smelled mold, to which I am highly allergic. Second, no one had vaccumed, perhaps in days. The small white refrigerator had greasy, black hand prints on it, and the table was sticky all over its top.

We went to the front desk and demanded that they allow us to check out. They wanted us to move to another room. This was too much of a disaster for that. If there is mold in one room, there is probably mold in others. They had already processed our payament and said they couldn't negate it until morning. We made them give us a receipt that showed no balance due and it took three people to figure out how to do that, including the on duty manager. Fortunately, the charge has not shown up on our credit card.

I reported this to Days Inn headquarters and all I received was a standard statement thanking me for reporting the problems and that they take complaints seriously. I have heard nothing more. Unfortunately, most Days Inns that I have had experienced have been sub-standard.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2009

There was heavy truck traffic and room was poor quality. It was as clean as they could make it given the old carpet and etc they had to work with.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
OKC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

Truck Stop next door, Need I say more? Room stunk, mold in room and bath room, carpet looked like it had not been vacumed in months, tub was dirty, toliet dirty. Might be better off to sleep in your car outside of town or get current on your shots and my want to get a shot of penicillin as soon as you can!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2008

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Toilets leak. Bad Customer Service. I had made a two week hotel reversation and had to check out after five day stay. Tried to contact the manager to receive a credit/refund but he happen to never be available. When I did finally get hold of him six days later, he had informed me that I would be charged an additional five night of non-used hotel nights. I have not yet received a credit/refund for the remaining balance.

• Stayed August 2008
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dallas, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2007

This hotel advertises high speed internet but delivers dial-up speed internet. The rooms are okay, but I had insect problems. Next door is a Shell station truck stop and truck parking lot. Noise from the trucks is constant. I complained to the manager about the internet but nothing was done, even though I was a long term stay customer.

• Liked — Price is okay, but not the best.
  • Disliked — Service
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Days Inn Woodward? Share your experiences!