“Breathtaking” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The River's Edge Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Watson
The River's Edge Cottages
You added The River's Edge Cottages to your Saves list
PO Box 55, Watson, OK 74963   |
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Breathtaking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Like many other reviewers, our experience with Rivers Edge was nothing short of wonderful. I certainly plan to visit again and have already shared their website with friends. They are off the beaten path, which is not always a bad thing! Be sure to pack your groceries and some board games or good books... this place is about quality time with your loved one(s) and nature.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Crowley, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We just returned from our fifth stay at River's Edge Cottages. As always our visit was absolute perfection. We loved this new cottage. It is beautifully decorated and the owners have thought of everything. The views of the river were awesome, and there was complete privacy. We didn't see a single person during our stay. We enjoyed the pristine beauty and total relaxation afforded by this piece of heaven in Oklahoma.

Room Tip: Any cabin you select will be fantastic. All are kept in pristine condition.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
SuzyKnapp, Owner at The River's Edge Cottages, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Thanks so much sharing your experience. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed in May at the homestead cabin and were beyond impressed. The pictures on their website did not show how much more beautiful it is in person. Upon arriving the cabin was spotless and there was jazz music gently playing in the background. Gorgeous cabin with everything you could possibly think of. Many books of all interests and board games too. All you need is your own food. I went with my boys ages 3 and 6 and they did not want to return home as they are nature lovers. The homestead cabin was the ideal location as there were no steps to climb to get in the cabin. It was a one minute walk to the river and we were also next to the fishing pond. Perfect location!! We did drive around and looked at the other cabins and they were all unique each in their own way. Our stay was quiet and peaceful and you really felt like no one else was out there other than you. I highly recommend this place and we were there 3 days and my boys never once asked for tv or electronics. Just booked again for November and we can not wait!

Room Tip: Highly recommend the homestead cabin if you have children. Also has a playground in the yard.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Haslet, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We heard about Rivers Edge Cottages while we were on a getaway @ another B&B. We got online then and were in awe of what we saw. We recently stayed in Whispering Heights and had a terrific time! The cabin was SO clean and inviting. Decorated so nicely and homey feeling. Top of the line for sure! The views were amazing! We took our 4 wheeler which was to our advantage as we found a great swimming hole, "Goats Rock". Make sure you have all your food needs with you upon arrival. The cabin is FULLY equipped to cook a full meal. Canoeing was fun as we did daily....lots of games to play are provided in the cabin as well. Even did a 500 piece puzzle. We will return!!!

Room Tip: If u like to sleep in, just know the sun comes up around 5:45am thru the beautiful windowed view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
allen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Chesapeake Cabin this past weekend. Pictures do not do this place justice. It was the perfect getaway for us. The cabin was extremely clean and had everything you could possibly need. The grounds and the river were gorgeous. We took our Gator and there were plenty of ATV trails for us to ride it on. We also spent a lot of time hanging out and relaxing in the river. We literally did not see another person the entire time, which we loved. We decided we are going to make this an annual trip! Definitely recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed in Riverbend cabin this past weekend and let me first say - this place is amazing. The cabin was spectacular and the hiking, canoeing, games we played, view from our porch, jazucci tub, etc was without a doubt fabulous.
The only thing that was bothersome is before I booked this I emailed and was responded to very quickly. After I booked, I emailed asking a couple questions with no responses. We arrive to check in and no one is there then a sweet, younger girl finally runs over and checks us in. She requested that we stop in later that day or the next day to complete payment because she couldn't do it. The last thing we wanted to do was get back in the car once we arrived (no, the office is not in walking distance). The next morning at 8am I missed a call from them because I had sporadic cell service and honestly didn't care about checking my phone on this weekend away. But, it bothered me so we got in the car and drove down to the office. After waiting a while for someone to arrive and no one ever did, I decided to leave a note on the mailbox outside saying we would come back and pay upon check out the next day.
The following morning we stopped by the office to make sure they had what they needed to complete my payment. I was worried about the payment being taken care of during our entire stay which was a bit of a downer for me. Once again, there was no one in the office and we tried to call the cell phone numbers from a phone that was sitting outside the office and they both went straight to voice mail. So, we headed home and I emailed as soon as we arrived home about the payment and then again today. No response. I find it ironic that the only response I actually received was the one inquiring about the cabin amenity right before I booked it and then nothing.
My husband and I had already decided we wanted to bring the kids back here to celebrate Thanksgiving but this will probably seal the deal that we find another place to go. I am so disappointed that the service was subpar.
My co-worker has stayed here several times and had recommended these cabins - he was right on the money as far as the scenery and the seclusion. That part was surreal.
The dog, Peter, was so much fun and quite entertaining. If you go, you will not be disappointed in the place but, hopefully the owners that I had read/heard such great things about were nonexistent.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Haltom City, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This was our second time to stay at the Streamside Cabin. The first experice was great but last weekend when we arrived it was raining pretty hard and it was very cold. After a very long drive we arrived amd I wanted to build w fire for me and my Wife.The first thing I noticed was a very large streams of water coming out of the bricks wbove the fireplace. I called Tim but got no answer. I left him a voicemail explaining the water coming out of the fireplace onto the floor and that we were using toels to keep it from spreding. This was sat night we got jo return call and we were unable to use the fireplace. It felt like a wet damp cave. Sunday we were told buy his wife that she had tp pickup flowersvand we would have to wat until she got back to check out, I hadvto leave early so my wife left Tim a letter in the box explaining that we cleaned the mess the rain water jade in and around the fireplce. It was a big mess. Well I am very dissapointed that they never 8nece returned my call regarding this and never once recieved a thank you email. I am a law enforcement officer and was looking forward to a great weekend getaway but instead felt like I was below the help..never again will I stay there or recommrnd this place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Tim K, Owner at The River's Edge Cottages, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Hello David,

I just read through the review of your recent stay with us and am appalled at the level of service you received from us. As return guests you expected a level of hospitality far from what you experienced. Rather than make excuses or dispute your review (which would be completely out of line!), I would rather assure you we have dealt with the issue at the cabin, as well as offer to "make good" on your situation.

We know what it is like to purchase a getaway and have that stay turn into an experience that leaves a bad taste, so to speak. Nothing done in return can make up for the lost opportunity in time, but we still feel it is our responsibility to take measures to make it right.

We are fully refunding your stay or offering you a credit on a future stay that exceeds your last bill. We also will discount any future stays, provided you are brave enough to return and take another chance on us. We truly regret the level of service you received from us. Please accept our sincere apology.

Tim Knapp, owner

Been to The River's Edge Cottages? Share your experiences!