“Nice Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Vinita
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Traveling from Minnesota to Texas. Missed the Miami, OK exit at end of day and checked out this hotel. Late night reception lady was great. She even stayed a little longer since the overnight person was ready to start. Great fun helpful and personable. Helped me find my IGH number for points. Room was fine, quiet, clean and comfortable. In the morning, breakfast was fair but staff working were warm and friendly.

Stayed December 2013
Hie V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Vinita, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Sorry you missed your exit but Glad and Proud we were here just a few short miles down the road to be of service to you. I am very proud of the staff members who help make your stay more enjoyable, I like to pass praise on to them. We hope when your travels bring you through this way again, you'll stop back as a regular and get to know all of us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lenexa, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

The rooms do not have adequate sound insulation, so there is no privacy. They told me that I would have to rent a suite as those are the only ones that come with a refrigerator and microwave. They were not helpful in helping me with my IHG rewards program. I understood why later when I found that Holiday Inn would only give me a 1000 points for staying at their hotels for 37 days in the past year. Their rewards program is a scam for suckers.

I stopped staying there and went to a different hotel (Super 8 in Big Cabin) after deleting my future reservation. I told the company where I worked not to schedule me to stay there in the future. I will not be staying at Holiday Inns in the future

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hie V, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Vinita, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
I am sad to be answering this review; As manager we love our regulars and usually our benefits of clean rooms, friendly staff, awesome breakfast, and more than likely even special rate given to our repeat visitors creates a better experience for the traveler. Our IHG rewards customers are some of most favored. However, there are times that companies value lower non IHG rewards rates over paying the qualifying rate to get IHG reward points for their employees in the fields. We respect that decision from operations standpoint. We do our best to make every guest feel they are special when they spend time at our property. It is true that only our suites offer the larger rooms with refrigerators and microwaves but they are very reasonably inexpensive in comparison to our standard room. Most companies who have travelers with those needs readily agree to the small increase.

Travelers are raving about these Vinita hotels

Berkeley Springs, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

We spent two nights at this property. Overall, we had a very nice stay. All staff were friendly, especially the lady at check in who helped me get set up with the IHG rewards program. The room was clean, comfortable and nice appointed. The breakfast was very good and the nice lady...shame on me for not remembering her name....did an excellent job keeping things clean and stocked. She was very friendly and made my family and others feel welcome. Very refreshing to actually be talked to. Thanks for the great service!

Room Tip: The train does run through town...Our room was on the upper floor closest to walmart at the end of t...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hie V, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Vinita, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you so much for all your kind words about those who made your stay a little extra nice. We enjoy meeting and making new friends who come our way. Look forward to seeing you next time your travels bring you to our little town.
Bryant, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Ended up in Vinita since hotels in Claremore were booked. Rooms are as you would expect from this chain - comfortable, clean, pleasant. Breakfast offers the BEST hot cinnamon rolls. Includes warm eggs, bacon or sausage, biscuits and hot gravy. Of course there are the other continental items as well. But the whole area is clean! If there is a dirty table it's because someone just got up from it in the last 30 seconds. All items are kept fully stocked clear up to the last minute. The lady that attends the area is also helpful and will get items for you. The other staff have the same desire to make your stay a good one. The only problem they can't solve is the one they don't know about. Continuing on to Tulsa on the turnpike or Rt 66 is about 1 hour but the setting is quiet, rural small town instead of traffic, sirens, and concrete.

Room Tip: Good rooms are easy since the whole building is in a rural area. Only Walmart behind and outdoor ro...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hie V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Vinita, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
So glad you took the time to review our property. Sometimes when plans change and you have to drive a bit further than planned it works out great. We are glad we could serve you during your travels. Happy trails and many returns
Wixom, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

This is a typical Holiday Inn Express. The room was on the small side but had everything we needed. Our biggest problem was it seemed we could hear the tv's in the 2 rooms along side of us.
We also thought that the breakfast room was very small. The breakfast was adequate. The older lady keeping everything stocked during the breakfast was very nice.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hie V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Vinita, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We appreciate your kind words for the breakfast host; I have passed on to her she was mentioned favorably.
Mustang
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Nice looking hotel with friendly staff. We got a room without a reservation.
Unfortunately, the room smelled sour. Since it was already late, we didn't ask to change rooms. After we went to dinner, we went shopping & brought back air freshener that we used in the room. When we went to bed, the mattress was shot. There was a big crater in the center of the bed. I tried hooking my foot over the edge of the bed to keep from rolling, but it was hurting my back.
We finally put a bed pillow in the center of the King bed to keep from colliding in our sleep. Not very comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Vinita, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear MustangLDJ,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We apologize for the smell of the room and the condition of the bed. We appreciate your honest feedback in order to improve upon our services and sincerely regret we did not meet your expectations. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Myrna M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Gonzales, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I was traveling and needed a reservation somewhere down the road. They only had a couple of rooms available when I called so I secured one. When I got there a few hours later they were sold out. The desk clerk was very helpful, late night. I appreciated her help as I could not get my alarm on my car to shut off!! She also moved her car so I could park close to the door as she was fixing to get off work. The room was super cold...just my style of sleeping. In the morning the gal in the breakfast room was also very helpful. It was a very short stay but it meet the needs I had. No complaints. I'd stay there again. The room was $114 plus tax. There was not extra noise nor any problems with my stay.

Room Tip: The hot cinnamon rolls were really good and I liked that they had peanut butter and grape jelly for...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hie V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Vinita, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
I am delighted to hear staff took such great care of you. I will pass on your kind words to staff to encourage them and let them know that they are appreciated. Like them I want to tell you I appreciate you taking time out of your schedule to write about us. We hope when your travels brings you our way again you will once again stop in for a visit. Have a great day

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites Vinita? Share your experiences!