“Friendly staff, quiet room.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Vinita
Moundridge, Kansas, United States
“Friendly staff, quiet room.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

First off, I am a Front Desk Clerk at a hotel in Kansas so I am a very picky person now when it comes to the hotel I stay at. I made reservations a couple weeks in advance and they were great about that, had a few last minute changes the night before and the day of and they made the changes with no problems. I had problems finding the hotel because I hadn't told my Aunt exactly where it was so we got lost, but the front desk was very helpful in giving me the correct directions and getting me there easily. Once I got there, check-in was fast and easy and the front desk was very nice. I immediately went and checked the room out, because as I said I am very picky now that I work in a hotel myself. The room was nice and cool when I walked in, which is GREAT now that it is getting super hot out, ammenities were great, all I had to ask for was a laundry bag. The beds were extremely comfortable, especially after a long day at the lake. Overall, this place was WONDERFUL, all we needed was a nice comfortable place to stay for a short time and this was that and more. I didn't have breakfast there, because I'm a biscuits and gravy kind of girl and I know the breakfast offered doesn't include that. We have a family reunion every year down at Grand Lake and I will definately book this hotel every year we go down. Its a great quiet place, will definately be back!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Winchester, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

The employees are all real nice, and rooms are basic but clean and decent. Breakfast is OK. Parking is good. Truck stop across the street is a decent place to eat. Just about 5 miles up the road is Cowboy Junction (great steaks and salad bar) and about 9 miles up the road is Clanton's ( featured by Guy on the food channel for great chicken fried steaks).

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Killeen, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

The hotel is decent for anyone to stay. Another reviewer said that there was nothing there but a truck stop. So I thought I should add that most truck stops have fantastic food, since they are supplying the transportation of our nation with fuel :) Never pass by a truck stop restaurant. You are bound to miss out on awesome down-home cooking according to the region you are in.
The hotel itself is well worth the low price.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Hohenwald, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

This stay was marred by an issue, namely taking the room a second night, word not getting passed along, and a woman walking in on me. It was resolved by desk staff, with apologiizes. I did still enjoy the stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Waxahachie
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

This motel is by itself. Across the highway from a truck stop and at the entrance/exit of the tollway. Ample truck parking. The airconditioner seemed to be on its last leg and the room seemed a bit dated. I had stayed here 5 years ago, and nothing has changed.

• Stayed March 2012
Fort Thomas, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

I have to tell you that my hubby and I were pleasantly surprised with the soft and cozy feel of our mattress. It wasn't our Jamison we have at home...but it was pretty nice. The room was very clean, as we were traveling with our Schneagle Alice...we had a pet room. The carpet was a little better than indoor outdoor....put I don't blame them for it. Not all pets are as well behaved as our spoiled princess....I know..off topic....it had no smell of cigarettes or other pets that had gone before. We knew it was a pet room for only one reason...someone had trapped their dog in the bathroom at some point, there were chew marks on the door frame and scratches on the door. But again...to be expected....it is a pet room after all in a very budget friendly hotel. No fleas....No bed bugs....No smells..... so only complaint....toilet moved abit when you sat on it....kinda scary. We left early....long trip ahead...so didn't try the breakfast, and the wi-fi is non existent. Would stay again for a one nighter...no problem.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Hohenwald, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

Friendly, helpful staff great amenities and nice rooms made for a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: They all seemed nice.