Hotel website informs the prospective guest the hotel is undergoing a remodel, however it was not immediately apparent the pool was closed until after booking. The website says the lobby and guest rooms are or have recently been updated. Concierge level rooms are about $60 more than regular rooms. The difference in room size is only about four square feet. Concierge level allows access to the concierge lounge and free breakfast. Prior to arrival I called to see if the hotel could provide anything special for my friend's birthday. I was told flat out "No. It's not like we can just bake a cake." I had actually thinking of flowers or a bottle of wine, which I would have been happy to pay for but was not given the option of suggesting anything. The answer to something special was just "NO." Upon arrival it is apparent the lobby is under construction. But aside from the drink cups and other trash left behind in the former gift shop area construction was not a bother. The room was a real disappointment. It had not been updated any time recently. The carpeted kick plate was peeling from the wall, the bathroom sink was cracked, the bathroom door was water damaged about half way up. Asked for a room with a good view. what we got was a view of the roof of a lower floor. This was a "king concierge room" and it felt tiny. Breakfast the next morning was nothing special. The only bright spot was the chef preparing eggs to order. The food was pretty poor. Staff in the coffee area stood around for several minutes and did not seat a guest during a time when the hostess was otherwise occupied. Trash was scattered along the sidewalk in front of the hotel including cigarette packs, old beer cans, chip bags. All of which was still in place the next day at check out. Overall just blah. Not worth the money. The only reason to stay here is easy access to ORU.
- Also Known As:
- Tulsa Marriott Southern Hills Hotel Tulsa
- Tulsa Marriott Southern Hills Hotel
- Marriott Tulsa
- Tulsa Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Wi-Fi in all rooms and public space. NEW LOBBY with latest design communal work spaces and enhanced menus with craft bar service. Full retail store on-site selling sundries and finer goods. Breakfast included in some rate plans. Fold-out single size sleeper chair in all king rooms. Riverparks and running trails nearby. Free Casino shuttle available to River Spirit casino nearby for groups of ten or more. Walk to Oral Roberts University and many 24/7 restaurants plus shopping nearby. Sports Bar on-site. Full service European style Spa Southern Hills Day Spa and Ross Edward Grand Salon for Hair both on-site. State of the art fitness center with indoor pool, whirlpool and rooftop sundeck ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Olotels, Travelocity, Marriott, Booking.com, Venere, Priceline, Agoda, Tingo, HotelsClick and Hotels.com so you can book your Marriott Tulsa Hotel Southern Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.