“We Don't Care!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 100 hotels in Tulsa
Dallas, Texas
“We Don't Care!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

The facility is what you would expect from a Marriott hotel, but the service is sub-par. This was possibly the least accomodating staff I have encountered in my travels. Their attitude toward guests can be summarized in three words "We don't care".

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

191 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Mustang, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

My husband and I have stayed at Southern Hills Marriott several times throughout the past 8 years. I was introduced to this hotel in high school with several conventions that were held here.
I have always been a big fan of Southern Hills and couldn't wait to escape for the weekend with my husband (at the time he was just my boyfriend.)
We rushed away for a weekend stay over our anniversary weekend and had the most amazing experience. After our couples massage and late night dinner, I walked into a room filled with candles and rose petals that was a complete shock to myself. My husband had worked so graciously with a member of the Spa staff to decorate our room before we returned from dinner.
This was the night he asked me to be his wife! This hotel will forever hold a special place in my heart- here we are 4 years later and I can't wait to get back to Southern Hills and relive that night!
Thanks for everything!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011 via mobile

I found the staff to be efficient and courteous. One was manning a free hot dog and lemonade booth when I returned from work this evening.

It's very clean, and super comfortable. Most importantly, it's quiet at night.

I had excellent clear reception for my TV with plenty of channels to choose from.

The bathroom has a tub, and the water is hot, and I really appreciated having a long hot bath after a demanding day. Water hot enough to bathe in is becoming rare in US hotels.

I will definitely return.

• Stayed December 2011
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I travel to Tulsa often for business and pleasure. Our most recent stay at Tulsa Marriott Southern Hills was this past weekend was top-notch from beginning to end. The front desk staff is extremely helpful and personable and always make our stays a pleasure. The hotel sports bar - Remingtons - is a great spot to watch the ballgame. The property is close to ORU, casinos, restaurants and shopping malls. All in all, a great weekend.

Room Tip: I prefer an upper floor for better views.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Nash
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

Early check-in was very efficient & professional. Had problems resetting the clock back one hour for time change. Did not want to trust the cell phone. Front desk offered to change it for me and also offered the wake-up call service. Duh! I forgot they can do that!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

Once again a trip brought me and my family to Tulsa for a business/pleasure trip. And once again the Tulsa Marriott Southern Hills didn't let us down. They have remodeled most of the rooms there and they are very modern and clean. Flat screen TV's in all the rooms. Dining facility and bar are excellent. And the staff is outstanding. The hotel in convenient to the Woodland Hills Mall and the Riverfront in Jenks. I will stay here every time I come to Tulsa.

Room Tip: Rooms on south side are quieter away from 71st Street
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Mesa (Mesa County), Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

Lovely full-service Marriott with very comfy beds. Immaculate room and bath. We like our room very, very cool and housekeeping left our temp. settings alone, which is always greatly appreciated. Helpful desk staff advised us about safe areas for an evening walk, etc.

Careful with the dry terrycloth bath mat on the marble floor. Mine slid significantly (and unexpectedly) when I was getting in the shower. I slipped and was fortunate not to have a very serious injury. Don't know if it was caused by the highly polished floor or fabric softener on the mat.

We paid approx. $125/night, incl. tax/fees, which we considered a bargain. There was quite a bit of construction on the highway coming from OKC, so finding the hotel was not as straightforward as we thought it would be with our Google map. Once we figured out the construction, it was easy to get to various points in Tulsa from the hotel. Plan a couple of alternative routes.

Loved the French Hen Restaurant which is not too far from the hotel. Pricey, but great food and service.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Marriott Tulsa Hotel Southern Hills? Share your experiences!