“Motel 6 Tulsa Airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Tulsa Airport #4696

You added Motel 6 Tulsa Airport #4696 to your Saves list
Motel 6 Tulsa Airport #4696
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1010 North Garnett Rd, 244 & Garnett Rd / I-44 & Garnett Rd, Tulsa, OK 74116 (Formerly Tulsa Airport East)   |
Ranked #87 of 100 Hotels in Tulsa
Muskogee
“Motel 6 Tulsa Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

spent one night here in summer of 2012. Air conditioning in downstairs lobby was broken and they had large fans to circulate the air. However the A/C in the room was fine. room was large and had a king size bed. I did not use the pool so I don't know anything abou that. Breakfast the next morning that was in the lobby was ok. This was one of the nicest Motel 6 properties that I have stayed in.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
deleon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Checked in early saturday and was greeted kindly.rate was decent and room wasnt bad. Did laundry which was fairly cheap, one of the dryers didnt work. My main problem with this place was that it seems all the workers here must live here.little kids amd tweens hanging out in the hallways like they were on the block, staff openly discussing their "probs" in front of guests, felt like i was staying at someones house i didnt know. Over all wasnt a bad place but all the family hanging about was annoying.....always seemed to be in my way.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

At first glance this seems like a clean, although run down, budget hotel. It was a disaster. Our room was a good five minute walk from the front desk, although at least it was an indoor walk. But down the hall, up a flight of steps, down another hall, down a flight of steps, and down another hall is ridiculous. The shower didn't do more than trickle, but after walking that far and unpacking we didn't want to ask for another room. I called the front desk with a question, and then couldn't hang up the phone without it making a horrible beeping noise. Finally had to just disconnect it. The people next door kept having screaming matches with their kids, and when we walked all the way to the front desk for something, we had to wait in line behind a guy who'd been locked out of his room for nonpayment, and a girl who wanted to know how to get her psycho boyfriend's name off the room so he couldn't get back in. This is obviously a hotel where the only ones who can stand to stay there are the ones who have to live there.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Tulsa Airport #4696, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Trish7575, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We sincerely apologize
for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they
can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with
better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Pine City, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I would highly recommend staying at this facility. I found that everyone on staff, has been professional, helpful, and courteous in every way possible. The rooms are clean and spacious. The lounge and restaurant is AWESOME as well.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are Quietest.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

This is the best Motel 6 I have stayed in. It is so good, I have now stayed there three times. I fully intend to stay there again in April 2014 when the next Wanenmacher's Tulsa Arms Show is on at the Tulsa Fairgrounds.
The Motel is managed by a wonderful gentleman called Mike, who has decent rules and will not stand for any ILLEGAL ACTIVITY in his Motel. He has some really nice staff members who have taken care of us on all three previous visits.
You can book a twin double room sleeping 4 adults for just $40. That equates to $10 per person, or to me in England, £6-30 per person. When you consider its costs me £5 to get a meal at McDonalds, you have to realise what a fantastic deal this is ! you cannot deny that this Motel offers you an incredible and unbeatable deal.
When I read the peoples complaints, I am just beside myself. I cannot understand what they expect from a Motel with a Bar, Restaurant, Swimming Pool, Internet, Three Pool Tables, Games Machines, Free Parking and Free Coffee and Doughnuts in the morning ... for $10 per person !!!
I bet these people would complain to Her Majesty The Queen of England if they stayed with her in Buckingham Palace here in London !This Motel cannot be beaten for the price, facilities and location. On this trip we ate a wonderful Rib Eye steak in the restaurant and bar area, it was fantastic. The bar staff are just lovely, the whole experience was great.

To Mike and all the staff, we are coming back and will continue to come back to your Motel. Do not get disheartened by the people who complain. These people cannot be satisfied even you paid them the $10 per night it costs them !

You can always believe my Trip Advisor reports because I use my real name and real photograph.

Richard Kaminski all the way from London, England.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed at this motel for 4 nights while my truck was at the International dealer across the street for repairs. It's obvious that this was originally a Holiday Inn before it became a Ramada Inn, then eventually a Motel 6.

The rooms are decent but as with most any Motel 6, they're very basic. The absence of a refrigerator and microwave in my particular room presented a need to eat out more than I wanted to, not to mention I had to use the ice bucket to keep one of my medications at the right temperature. The beds are comfortable but the outdated TV needs to go.

The indoor pool and fitness center are not too bad from what I can tell.

The on-site bar and grill is only open in the evening most of the time and has a very basic menu but the food is decent.

When I needed something fixed, their maintenance guy was right on it!

I would stay here again if I needed to but I can see where this place has the HUGE potential to be resurrected to what it was in its 'glory days' and rebranded under a higher end name.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, ask for one on the exterior.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Wifi advertised is a joke since we cannot connect with our smartphones. So we used the business center to print out info we need from the web and had to pay for each piece of paper we printed on. Also bring your own shampoo, conditioner and lotion as these are not provided. Front desk is poorly manned as no one is there on a regular basis if you are handicapped, do not stay here as the rooms are not handicapped accessible.

• Stayed September 2013
Motel6, Owner at Motel 6 Tulsa Airport #4696, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear SacFoodie,
We sincerely apologize for the wifi connection issues you experienced during your stay. As an economy brand, we keep our amenities limited in order to keep our brand promise to offer great value and comfort for the lowest price of any national chain. We take your feedback seriously and will take it into account as we work to improve our guests’ experience with us.

Been to Motel 6 Tulsa Airport #4696? Share your experiences!