“Good value for the money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Tulsa I-44

You added Knights Inn Tulsa I-44 to your Saves list
Knights Inn Tulsa I-44
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5000 E Skelly Dr, Tulsa, OK 74135 (Formerly Select Tulsa Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #97 of 104 Hotels in Tulsa
Norman, Oklahoma
“Good value for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2009

I ended up staying at the Tulsa Select Hotel (formerly a Holiday Inn branded hotel) on May 29th 2009 as a result of a lowest price rate I received from hotwire.com. I paid $43 +tax for a single night stay but the advertised rate is only $7 more: $49.99. This hotel is near many modest resturants and is a good value for the money. Me, my wife and our two kids enjoyed our stay after a long day at the Tulsa zoo.

So what do you get for $50? Well how about a room larger than most. The room was larger than the Rosen Shingle Creek in Orlando, FL or the Coronado Springs room located on Disney property. Both of these rooms go for $220 and $185, respectively. You get a clean room that has some dated furniture and a free breakfast. The beds, while not the most comfy were some of the cleanest I have seen in a long while. The breakfast includes eggs, toast, french toast, sausage, hashbrowns, cereal, juices and fruit.

So what should you be wary of before booking? Well, this is a 2 1/2 star hotel. It is located next to a major highway although we did not notice the notice while sleeping. Yes it has a pool and many of the basic necessities but don't expect the friendliest of counter staff (although I was given the exact room I wanted -- top floor with two twin beds and was asked how my stay was as I left).

If you are a value-minded hotel-seeker, this may be your best bet. You are basically getting a $80/night room for $50. Everything worked well: a/c, minifridge, microwave, tv, channel lineup, cleanliness of of carpert, bathroom, beds. I saw none of the problems others reviewers mentioned and I never saw anyone at the front desk complaining about anything while I was there.

Many of the other reviews had me worried about this hotel and I wanted to take the time to make it known that this is not a bad place to stay. I am wondering if the Select Tulsa Hotel recently dropped their prices? I wonder if some of the reviews here would not have been so critical if the rate was only $50/night. If you are the type of person who would rather save $30+/night and put up with a few "needs upgrading" items around the hotel, this place should be on your short list--Good Value!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2009

I reserved several rooms in advance and then there were horrible problems at check in with each room. I also wanted all the rooms grouped close by and they were scattered all over the hotel and some room reservations were even lost, some under incorrect names, given smoking room when non smoking was requested, etc. Also was quoted a "group discount rate" at reservation time (done 2 weeks before event) but when we arrived they were advertising the room for $10 cheaper. All my guests were also upset with the hotel which made things even worse for me. Would not stay there again even if it was free. Stay Away.

• Stayed May 2009
Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2009

***BEWARE*** I think the friend who recommended this place on its location, stayed here while it was still part of the Holiday Inn chain of hotels....where do i start?...the rooms had a musty smell, the sheets on the beds were unclean (hair, burn marks), some bad patching jobs on the walls, the shower head was covered in mildew, you could hear others in the next room plainly, beds were short. They do give you a complimentary ticket for a free breakfast (which we declined) to the downstairs restaurant..

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

I hosted a 4 day meeting at this hotel for 25 people, several of whom had a physical disability. It was the worst hotel and meeting space I have ever used. The hotel totally miss represented itself on the internet and did not comply with requests made that they assured would be taken care of. Problems: musty, smelly rooms (the smell caused someone to have seizures and another person asthma attacks), bed bugs, floods in bathroom, leak in restaurant, meeting staff late or forgetting to provide refreshments ordered, AV equipment ordered not provided, had to use "freight elevator" to get to meeting room, confusion with sleeping rooms, etc. In addition, fights on hotel property that caused Police to be called. Just did not feel safe!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Kansas City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

I wish I would have found this place 6 yrs ago!!
Over the last 6 yrs, Since my son started college in Tulsa, we have stayed at varies hotels even the Marriott and Tulsa Select was by far the best deal I have found in all these years. On this trip to see my son get his Masters, I spoke with a manger about all the bad reviews I had saw online. He explained ,they are remodeling and have just been bought by a new owner..... I have to say the staff was wonderful and strive to meet every need we had. The Hot Breakfast bar was fantastic! My only suggestion would be just confirm you are in the newer remodeled wing when you make your reservation as they have over 300 rooms they are working on. The pool area was beautiful Before making the reservation, I had my son look at 3 hotels in this area for the same rate and above, and he said this was the best out of all. After staying there I agree! In the $50 or less price range it is well worth the price!!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
NEW MEXICO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

You might want to 'select' the Red Robin Hotel next door. We walked in the room of our Tulsa Select and saw the beds and knew we made a mistake. They were just weird looking. and low to the ground. The linen also had what looked like dryer burns on them.

The shampoo was a 'packet' LOL.

The towels were different shades of white with spots on them.

Spiderwebs in the corners. The wall near the thermostat had a gash in it..

We slept ok but will definitely find somewhere else to stay next time.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2008

This hotel is skanky. It is not longer part of a larger brand of hotels, it doesn't meet the standards. The room smelled. The heater blew cold air, I could hear every word through the walls of my neighbors conversations. I reserved a King Executive room, and was told upon arrival, tough luck, we are oversold, you get a skanky room with two mismatched doubles. This was not just a change in bedding, but a change in class of rooms to a lower level. Most hotels upgrade, but not this one. This room hasn't been updated in years. A lady at the desk was trying to change rooms becasue hers was so skanky she couldn't breath. The internet was slow. The toilet made its own intermittent water noise every few minutes. The bed was hard and nasty. I could go on but I have to go vomit.... My advice, sleep in your car! The only thing select about this hotel, is being selected for a night of pure hell. I have only stayed at one hotel in my life worse than this.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — It was a skanky, filthy, loud, rude and horrible experience. Better off in your car.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Knights Inn Tulsa I-44? Share your experiences!