“Roach Infested Hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Tulsa I-44

You added Knights Inn Tulsa I-44 to your Saves list
Knights Inn Tulsa I-44
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5000 E Skelly Dr, Tulsa, OK 74135 (Formerly Select Tulsa Hotel)   |
Ranked #95 of 100 Hotels in Tulsa
Lawton, Oklahoma, United States
“Roach Infested Hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel needs to be condemed, this is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I am not sure why they are still allowed to operate. Plus they have the audacity to charge 3 star hotels rates. I checked into the the roach hotel about 1am it was practically the only hotel in town that wasnt booked except what I called the hooker hotels but I would have been better off staying in one of those. When I checked into my room the clock, TV, coffee maker, iron, and radio did not work. The room smelled terrible. There were dead roaches and roach proof or boric acid all over the carpet which meant they were aware of the roach problem. My kids wanted to sleep in car they were scared to death. I went to the front desk and explained the problem they didnt seem shocked at all they said the manager Robin would be the only person who could refund money its been 3 days I have called alomost every 2 hours Robin is never there and they dont have information on the private owner "Joshua" . So I have contaced by bank and disputed the charges I showed the bank rep pictures she almost lost her lunch. Its safe to sleep in your car than in this hotel!!

Room Tip: dont choose this hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Greenbrier, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I come to Tulsa once a month and this is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in anywhere. Where to start...the carpet is stained and the room smelled horrible. There were cockroaches and the customer service, if you can call it that, was awful. My key wouldn't work and I had to go to the front desk three times, only to be treated as a hinderence. There was no maid service to speak of and the hotel generally felt unsafe. I had no choice but to stay the first night due to the hour I arrived and a event in town causing the hotels to be booked. I was awakened in the middle of the night by "hotel security" questioning what I determined to be a prostitute right outside my room. Anyone who gives this hotel a good review must be one of the drug dealers that hang around outside the hotel. I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!!

• Stayed April 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I booked one night in this hotel and that was enough. Now I know why it was so cheap. There was no restaurant, there wasn't an ice machine that worked and the soda vending machines didn't work either. I finally found a machine that took my money and it gave me the wrong soda.The fire alarms went off and scared the hell out of me, so I got dressed fast and ran to the front desk. I was told it was a false alarm. They didn't bother to tell people on the floors to go back to their rooms, that everything was ok. They let everyone come to the front desk!
I couldn't get my free Internet to work and call for assistance. No one ever showed, even after 2 phone calls. I turned in the soda that came out of the machine and asked for my $2.00 back. The said no. Horrible experience!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

By far the WORSE hotel ever...They FALSE ADVERTISE their prices.. Also when you check in they tell you they have free cont breakfast.. Then when its morn time & u go to eat breakfast they charge u $6.00 damn bucks to eat breakfast... A few days after staying there my child got bedbugs bite.. The rooms STINK... You don't get good housekeeping u have to ask for your room to be done... The air DONT work in the rooms, we had to go buy a fan to have air... Since our stay ( we have been here lil over a month now) we have had to change rooms 3 times... The front desk people acts like they are better than u.. NO BY NO MEANS AM I PREJUDICE BY WHAT IM FIXING TO SAY... But theres a few of the front desk people if ur not black they will not wait on u they will ignore u.. Theres only 1 decent person that works the front desk & her name is Katie.. Shes the sweetest person & goes out of her way to help u... I DONT recommend anybody to stay at this hotel... If u can avoid it please do... DONT STAY AT THIS HOTEL ITS A WASTE OF MONEY

Room Tip: My tip is.... Do NOT stay at this hotel its a waste of money
Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

All the online travel agencies need to take this hotel off their list. This is not a "3 star hotel," it's not even a "1 star hotel." From the moment you walk in its horrendous, nasty, smelly, and outright dirty. As we walked into our room, the first thing we noticed was an horrendously stained carpet, followed by: 1) no smoke detector, 2) missing wall pictures, 3) light bulbs missing, 4) lamps missing, 5) bathroom sink cracked, 6) nearly evety shower tiles needing to be recaulked, 7) no refrigerator, 8) sink counter and base-board separated and in need of repair, 9) closet mirror cracked, 10) missing shaving mirror, 11) hair dryer not working, 12) bathtub poorly painted and paint chips peeling, etc. This list goes on and on - so, ALERT, ALERT, ALERT to all online travel agencies ... get this hotel off your list ... .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Anadarko, Oklahoma, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I was attending an event with a host hotel whose price was too steep for my limited budget. My sister and I checked into this hotel after driving around Tulsa looking for a room. I didn't have enought $ on my credit card (prerequisite) to stay at the hotel I had wanted to, so I was looking for a place that would take cash. I left my sister in the car while I checked in. The staff at the front desk were poorly dressed, the girls in outfits better suited to a nightclub. The room ended up more than the sign out front said. When I went to get my sister and move our car, she told me about a van parked next to us with busted out windows and a prostitute walking around the parking lot and a car that was following the prostitute around. I told her I had already paid for the room so we went in. Our room was on the ground floor near the front of the hotel. On first inspection the room looked clean. There was an door the the outside of the hotel with a chain and lock. Because of the area, I chained the door and put a chair up against it. I also locked the door connecting my door to the one next door. My sister went to the lobby to get some soft drinks and saw some shady people in the lobby. I hooked up to the free wi-fi and found tripadvisor.com for the very first time. I wish i had looked at it prior to finding a room. After reading the reviews, I tried to rationalize our room. Our room was clean-ish. We DID check our beds for evidence of bed bugs, but found no shells or anything. My sister went to sleep while I stayed on the internet. Sometime in the middle of the night (around 3) I found a HUGE bug on my pillow. I looked on a bedbug site and it was the exact same bug as the pictures. The adult size of a bedbug is supposed to be 'about the size of an apple seed', according to the website. This one was size of a pumpkin seed and its backhalf was transparent red, full of blood! MY BLOOD! I tried to wake up my sister, who is severly allergic to bedbugs, but it was impossible to wake her. I wanted to leave immediately. I picked our luggage up off the floor and placed it on the tv stand and desk. I pulled all the blankets off my bed and tried to sleep on just the bottom sheet. But who can sleep when women are screaming in the parking lot, men are yelling outside, cars are revving their engines RIGHT outside our room, people walking up and down the hallways, babies crying upstairs, people fighting upstairs. I was waiting for a gunshot all night. When the sun came up, I took a shower and checked our luggage for signs of stowaway bedbugs. I made sure we put all our laundry in a plastic bag and tied it shut and immediately went to a laundromat to run it through a few cycles on high heat to kill any eggs or bugs. When we checked out that morning, I told the deskstaff about being bitten by a bug in my bed. The man made a face and asked which room. By far, the worst place I've ever stayed in my life.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This hotel was booked for us by an agent who told us it was a "3 star hotel." Clearly it is not. The hotel and our room was filthy and I did not feel comfortable staying there. Many things in the room were broken (thermostats in 2 rooms, no electricity in either room's bathroom, many TV channels snowy, lights didn't work, etc) and their customer service was awful. There were no towels in our room and then a maid came and took clean towels out of a garbage bag and threw them on the dirty floor. Then they locked us out of our room 3 times, and a man threatened to "cut off" the face of another man in the lobby. We heard from a Tulsa resident that this hotel isn't safe and the police are always there arresting meth/drug dealers/users. We came back Saturday night to see several police cars there. To top it all off there were events going on in the conference rooms that blasted music all night that we could hear in our rooms. There was trash all over the floor and even there was a horrible odor in our room and throughout the entire hotel. The worst thing was that I came on business with my husband and family members from Pennsylvania. We were so embarrassed to have them stay here as we purchased multiple rooms ahead of time. This hotel was disgusting and we felt unsafe. We asked for Expedia to switch us to another hotel/refund our money and we were refused. Will NEVER book with Expedia again and telling everyone we know not to either. Stay very far away from this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't do it!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Knights Inn Tulsa I-44? Share your experiences!