“Very good Hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 100 Hotels in Tulsa
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Very good Hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

I stayed here on a business trip and the service was excellent, very helpful staff. Clean rooms. I will tell my associates great places to stay and very convienient to highway access. I will stay here when my work takes me to Tulsa again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Frisco, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2010

Not a well managed property. I'm not entirely sure how they keep people from walking off of the streets for free drinks and breakfast...then again, there was a line that would make Six Flags proud at just about every service area of the hotel. There was nary a sight of anyone verifying room keys and whatnot. I can't say for certain that this place could keep anyone secure at any given moment. The crowds were just incredible. At one point in the early eve we counted 19 people in the small indoor pool and 10 people in the hot tub. The manager in charge looked disheveled and stressed. She was in need of a major weekend getaway, hopefully not to this property.

My recommendation to Hilton is get your folks down to Tulsa and whip this property in to shape.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
okc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

OK, here we go. Called first, and was told no rooms. I get on internet, and pay for the room on their own site, and no problem. Get to the hotel, and check in was super easy, so that was great. Get to the room, and immediately was hit with the stench of cig smoke. PIcked up phone in room, and it didn't work. Went to living room phone, and called down to office and told them we requested a non smoking room, and this one was really bad. Told us nothing available, they were sorry.

So we go get our bags. There are kids running around everywhere. I mean everywhere. The second I opened the door, we get run into by a group of 3 boys running past the room. I go back to car, and get bags. I had to wait 10 minutes for an elevator to go back up to room. There were kids/teenagers literally running everywhere. We had to stand and wait for elevators, and they are in front of the pool. Kids were pushing by us, yelling, screaming, etc.

While on the elevator, we were on the 9th floor. The kids on the elevator decide to push the button for each level. We got to stop for each level. We go down for happy hour. Once again, kids running around wild. The 1 security guard was in the process of kicking about 8 kids out of the pool for whatever they were doing. It was so bad, my son didn't even want to swim, because of all the kids running around. He even said they were acting like wild animals. We decided to go to our room with our drinks and snacks because it was sooooo loud and crazy.

We get to our room, and all you hear is banging doors, running, yelling, screaming, etc. A bunch of kids were running down the halls, banging on every door and window. I called downstairs, and they told us there were soccer teams there, and they would take care of it. They never did. This happened all night long till about midnight. It started right back up again about 9am, sunday morning.

This is the 2nd time staying here, and the first time, it was exactly the same. We did complain when checking out, and they gave us 50% off, which was nice, but for $160 per night, this is unacceptable. I could understand for a motel 6, but this is crazy.

I'll never stay here again, and I do not recommend this hotel to anybody. This is the loudest hotel I've ever stayed at, period! I would rather stay in a hotel buy railroad tracks, than this hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Iowa City, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

We stayed at the Embassy Suites while traveling home after spring break. We were all exhausted and ready for a comfortable bed, some pool time and some time to watch the NCAA basketball tournament. My teenagers raced up to the room before I could get there and made themselves at home, and when I walked in the room smelled horrible, like smoke, even though I requested a non-smoking room. I felt I couldn't ask to be moved since they had already managed to make a mess or two and had used the bathroom. So, we decided we could make due. We ordered dinner in, excited to relax in the pool after eating. Well, as soon as we were ready to go down to the pool, I noticed no one was in it. Apparently there had been a problem and the pool was closed by 8:00, when it usually stays open until 11:00. That was very disappointing. We finally got settled into bed and, when the tv's were off and the room was quiet, I noticed the a/c system was squeaking, like a hamster running in a squeaky wheel. I finally got to sleep, but it was very late and we had to get up to start driving again the next morning. I mentioned the multiple issues to the very friendly clerk the next morning and she did give us a slight price adjustment, but I didn't feel it was enough given the price we paid and multiple issues we endured. The only thing that really was different from a "lower-end" hotel was the living room area with the pull-out bed, which we could have gotten by without. The pool was the biggest disappointment for my kids but the horrible night of sleep was my biggest issue. I expect more from Embassy as we often stay there with great satisfaction.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2010

I was visiting friends in the area and we would meet at the hotel each day to go off and do whatever was planned. Each time I exited or entered once I returned from my long day with friends I was greeted by pleasant, warm, friendly people not only at the front desk but throughout the hotel. I know that pleasant, warm, friendly may be part of their job but the employees seemed to do it naturally.
The location was perfect, the amenities, "Breakfast" was a treat. I would say the people/employees are the hotels biggest asset. I didn't really have a least favorite.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Tulsa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2010

I had multiple issues with the event I had catered at Embassy Suites Tulsa. The issues include: not all of the food on the contracted menu being served (no granola), expired Tropicana apple juice was served, food was not kept warm with sterno cans therefore the food got cold and guests got sick, plates were taken from guests while they were eating, the food on a buffet was being pulled before the end of event, staff and night manager were asking dj and overheard by guests when and how long we would be there because they needed to reset for the next day and we needed to leave, night manager directly asked me at around 10pm if we planned on staying late even though we had the room booked until 12am and were told we could stay as long as we wanted however we could not book the room beyond midnight without the computer automatically charging for another day, there was not adequate space to be comfortable when I was guaranteed it would be – I was told 90 people (the number of guests I guaranteed and paid for) would be comfortable but only 72 showed up and it was so crowded it was difficult to move around, I was told I could leave my items in the room until the morning – instead I spent my wedding night cleaning, management requested DJ to turn down music which was at an acceptable level, temperature of the room was requested to be lowered and never done, conflicting information from staff members was given as to clean up and tearing down the facility, there were at least 2 new staff members working their first time on our event, I was not credited the points earned for my stay at the hotel to their rewards card, and much more. I contacted the manager on duty during the event and made her aware of my problems and concerns. I have also spoken with the catering director I was working with. Both of the above mentioned employees referred me to the general manager. Once contact was made with the general manager I was blown off until threats of legal actions were made.

• Stayed October 2009
Murphy, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

Where to begin with this miserable experience? Let's start by finding out at check in that the BMX Grand Nationals were in Tulsa over Thanksgiving. Imagine the Henne family times 60 and you start to see that this was the wrong time to be in Tulsa. Young teens throwing ice from the 6th floor to the buffett area. The same buffett area that had transformed into a bicycle garage. Now picture a power fail at the hotel in the early hours of Thanksgiving morning, and no hot water or lights from 7-9am. Not to be outdone, one of the two beds was broken when we arrived. The wooden frame had been destroyed prior to our arrival. After several complaints, they finally moved us to another room.

This was in the top 5 worst hotel experiences I have had. So bad that I will very likely boycott Embassy Suites from here on out.

Stayed November 2009, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites Tulsa - I-44? Share your experiences!