“Not the typical Embassy Suites” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Holiday Shopping Package!
Ranked #20 of 100 Hotels in Tulsa
Ardmore, Oklahoma, United States
“Not the typical Embassy Suites”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

After the normal reservation process and a nice email from the assistant manager, we were disappointed with the facility. Housekeeping was hit and miss--more miss than hit. The manager's reception consisted of a bowl of chips and salsa, a plate of cheese cubes, and either celery or carrot sticks with ranch dressing. About half the time we observed the refreshments were empty and no one watching it. But the thing that put this hotel on our "just Average" list was the Saturday morning breakfast that Embassy Suites touts. We got our plates of food and found a table at which to sit. A lady busing the tables asked where our wrist bands were. Wrist bands--what is this?? She said they had so much trouble with people "coming in off the street" that they had to make all guests wear wrist bands. We told her we had our card from check-in and sat down. The rest of the time we sat through breakfast we saw no one with a wrist band even though all the tables were full. I would say if this hotel has that much trouble with people "coming in off the street", they have a problem with security. Glad this was our last day there and we won't return. If you want quiet, don't go here. It was full of teens who met in the atrium with loud cheering. Apparently this is the norm since the lady who delivered our room service meal advised us to shut the door to our bedroom so that we could sleep.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Brent D, General Manager at Embassy Suites Tulsa - I-44, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback, as feedback is a gift. We are excited to understand the views of our guests as we are continuously in the process of making changes to update our product and service. I have met with the leadership team to address the inconsistency of housekeeping and the evening reception and wrist bands for breakfast.

As I consider feedback a gift for us to improve, I would be grateful to hear any additional comments you have regarding your stay and would like an opportunity to invite you back to see our improvements, please feel free to contact me at brent.denardo@hilton.com or 918-622-4000.

Embassy Suites Tulsa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Des Moines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We've stayed here several times on the road. It's conveniently located right off of I-44. The only problem with it's location is that 3 sides of the hotel get the interstate noise. The rooms are spacious and clean. We've stayed at a couple of other ES properties and the rooms are larger at this location.Bonus points for being able to enter the bathroom from both the living area and bedroom. Very helpful when your children are sleeping on the sleeper sofa and you don't want the light to wake them. The staff is always helpful and friendly. At breakfast I liked that I could pick my omelet ingredients, leave them with the cook, get a number and have it delivered. We will stay here again when traveling through Tulsa. Easy interstate access, great staff and several good stays have made this our go to hotel in Tulsa.

Room Tip: The rooms above the reception area are the only ones that do not have interstate noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience; I am excited to hear had an excellent stay and that our accommodations worked for all of your family members.

Safe travels to you and your family.

OKC, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

A great atmosphere for the entire family (and friends, too). It was great to see all of the wedding party at breakfast each morning and the reception in the evening was fun and relaxed. Amenities were just right in the rooms, staff was EXTREMEMLY friendly and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Brent D, General Manager at Embassy Suites Tulsa - I-44, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience; I am excited to hear had an excellent stay socializing with family.

Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Our family stayed here last weekend. We were enthusiastically greeted on our arrival and our encounters with the staff were all very pleasant. The property is not the newest, but it was in fine shape and it has all of the amenities you know and love about Embassy Suites. The fitness center is bigger and better supplied than most, with Precor machines, free weights, mats, etc. It is located just off the interstate, in a group of several hotels, so it isn't scenic. It is convenient.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Brent D, General Manager at Embassy Suites Tulsa - I-44, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for your excellent comments. The Embassy Suites is very proud of its excellent service and we are glad that your experience reflected this. Our fitness center is designed for people of varying enthusiasm; I am happy to hear we exceeded your needs.

We appreciate your business and look forward to your next trip.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Every employee I came in contact with was very nice with a positive attitude. My room was large and comfy. The breakfast was delicious and I really like the omelet selections. I did not hear any noise from other guests.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

We are best known for our great suites, breakfast and service. The Embassy Suites is very proud of its excellent team members and we are glad that your experience reflected their hard work and dedication.

We wish you safe travels on your future journeys.

Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed here a week on business. There was a slight mixup with my luggage which was delivered by the airline overnight. The front desk told me nothing had been delivered, and it was only when I checked with the airline that they found it. But this was more than made up for by the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff and the free meal they gave me to apologise! I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Brent D, General Manager at Embassy Suites Tulsa - I-44, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your recent experience! We look to our guests to tell us what we are doing well and where we can improve our services and offerings. Yes, unfortunately we do make mistakes but we try to ensure that we more than make up for them.

Your business is appreciated, thank you.

Brent DeNardo
Embassy Suites- Tulsa
tulsa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Had a choice I would always stay at Embassy Suites. Rooms are the best of any rooms I have visited. Spa was great for a sore back and helped me be able to play golf the next morning. The hotel was close to shopping and restaurants with easy access to and from the hotel

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites for your visit to Tulsa! We were pleased that you had an excellent stay. I appreciate your comments about our close proximity to golf, shopping and restaurants; I believe our location meets most needs of our guests.

Thank you for your business and safe travels to you and your family.

Brent DeNardo
Embassy Suites Tulsa

Been to Embassy Suites Tulsa - I-44? Share your experiences!