“Spacious” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 100 Hotels in Tulsa
Carmel, Indiana
“Spacious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I always enjoy the open design of the Embassy Suites Hotels. The Tulsa Embassy's open atrium is very nice with fountains , comfortable seating and nicely appointed bar areas .. There is a great steak house which includes " The Cattlemans lounge ' very Tulsa ... I was also impressed with the front desk staff , friendly and very helpfull . My two night stay was great... especially since I got to visit with my daughter who was in Tulsa on business !

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Brent D, General Manager at Embassy Suites Tulsa - I-44, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience. I am excited that our staff made such a great impression! I will definitely let them know you enjoyed your visit.

Brent M. DeNardo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
The Colony
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Great place to have a meeting or just to relax, staff went above and beyond to make sure not only myself but the entire group had a great visit. I would recommend this place to everyone anytime. Even the shuttle driver was great and wanted to get to know me. Thats another plus they have shuttle to and from the airport. The lounge area was very clean and welcoming. The free drinks from 5:30 ti 7:30 was another big plus. We had a little mess up with the meeting room arrangements, but they never argued about who was right or wrong, they made it right and it was handled quickly.
The staff was great and again I would recommend this hotel to any friend or family member.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Chris N:

Thank you for your recent review. We were pleased that you were able to enjoy your stay at the Embassy Suites Tulsa. We appreciate your kind words about our staff and the excellent breakfast. We are grateful for your business and look forward to your next trip.

Embassy Suites Tulsa
Heartland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Twice a year we go to Tulsa for national wrestling tournaments and we always stay at Embassy Suites. The hotel itself is well maintained and full of employees willing to do whatever they can to make your stay as satisfying as possible. The continental breakfast is more like a breakfast buffet. Each day there is a new treat; pancakes, French toast, krispie cream donuts, etc. An omelette bar with 15+ ingredients is a daily option as well. The rooms are huge and easily accommodate a family of six. We have 2 kids, but at wrestling tournaments we seem to always have extras. It's great to have the flexibility of a pull out couch. Also, the main bedroom is separated by a door to the sitting room which makes it perfect for putting kids to bed with out forcing the adults to turn all the lights and tv off. There are several eating establishments close by and it is conveniently located by the interstate.
We always seem to find a good advanced pay rate. We paid $340 for 3 nights including all taxes. The great thing about this hotel is that when we decided to go home a day early, the hotel credited us for the last night (something they did not have to do since it was clearly stated in our agreement that no refunds would be given).
My tips for improvement.... 1 glass of wine costs $11 and the corners of the shower had some black mildew spots. Not deal breakers for us. We will always stay here when we visit Tulsa.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear heartlandfoodie:

Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites for your visit to Tulsa! We were pleased that you had an excellent stay. We appreciate your kind words about our made to order breakfast, the manager’s reception, the comfortable two-room suites and our amazing associates. We have addressed the issue of mildew in the bathtub corners. Your comments are appreciated as use feedback to make our hotel better each day.

Embassy Suites Tulsa
Minot, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Excellent bang for your buck! Free breakfast and 2 hrs in the evening of free drinks and appetizers. One morning we missed breakfast and had to go to Ihop for breakfast and it cost our family $50.00. The beds are only full size but very comfortable. The staff is very professional and willing to help with whatever needs help. We stayed for a whole week and really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Terri B:

Thank you for your excellent comments. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. The Embassy Suites is very proud of its fantastic team members and we are glad that your experience reflected their hard work.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The check-in staff were super friendly and helpful. The hotel was very busy with large groups but the breakfast staff and managers reception did and excellent job keeping the lines to a minimum and the food plentiful! The only negative was the pool smelled very strong of mold/mildew... not something you want to smell let alone go swimming in.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Runnermom3:

We are so glad you enjoyed your experience! We look to our guests to tell us what we are doing well and where we can improve our services and offerings. I will be sure to share your remarks with our Engineering team to see what adjustments need to be made to the pool chemicals.

IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I thought this place was excellent. I have never been offered a bottle of water when checking in before and got one everytime I went by. I thought it was a good idea and was really appreciated. Can you believe a 2 hour happy hour of free been and wine. The free breakfast was excelent as well. They had everything including made to order omelets. The rooms were very large and I thought the beds were very comfortable. I was here on business and everybody thought it was a great place. The price was good to.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Brent D, General Manager at Embassy Suites Tulsa - I-44, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your recent experience! We look to our guests to tell us what we are doing well and where we can improve our services and offerings. I will be sure to share your remarks with our team to let them know their efforts made an impression on you.

Trenton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed here on a business trip for three nights and found this chain hotel to be a perfectly adequate place to stay. It’s located just off the interchange of I-44 and State Routes 64 and 51 (Broken Arrow Highway) in a hotel complex, with other national chains all around. From the airport, Mapquest directed me on and off a bunch of highways to reach the hotel but this proved futile as I ended up heading downtown. The easiest way to and from the airport (I realized on the way out) is a straight shot on Memorial Drive, about 15 minutes.

As for good location, that’s for you to decide based upon where you need to be. Since Embassy Suites is off the highway and in a hotel complex, you’ll have to drive everywhere. I grew up in NYC so I have to mention this. I’ve never been to Tulsa, but the local roads move along pretty quickly and downtown is about 15 minutes away. Nearby are the usual suspects, McDonalds, Cracker Barrel plus a Drysdale’s, where you can pick up those new pair of cowboy boots you’ve always wanted.

Breakfast at the hotel is included, and was a highlight due to the made to order omelettes. You just pick up a little bowl, spoon in the ingredients you want (meat, veggies, etc), hand it over to the nice omelette-making man and your omelette will be brought over to you in just a few minutes.

The lobby can be bustling during cocktail time and beyond. The Manager’s Special at happy hour includes draft Budweiser and cheap wine in plastic cups, which is free. Otherwise, a glass of okay white wine and a local Marshall beer will run you about $18 total. Not cheap but the bar seems to be affiliated with the hotel restaurant, Cattelman’s steakhouse, which I did not try based on mixed reviews on this site.

The rooms are laid out around an open atrium so you can exit your room and see all the way down to the lobby. It’s a nice effect but, as a result, all the breakfast cooking of those tasty omelettes on the ground floor will eventually waft up into your room during the morning. It’s not a bad smell, just a cooking smell, that you might want to be aware of.

The suites themselves are comfortable, with a small living room with tv, couch, desk in the front room and bedroom in the back. A door in each room connects with the bathroom. The balconies you see in the photos are fake: the large windows on the inside don’t open so you can’t step outside or get fresh air. Our room overlooked the highway (we were on the sixth floor). There was an occasional low whirr of traffic but it was generally quiet.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the elevators