“Family friendly venue as one of favorites for 2011” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3332 South 79th East Avenue, Tulsa, OK 74145   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #18 of 104 Hotels in Tulsa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Family friendly venue as one of favorites for 2011”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

We chose Embassy Suites in Tulsa as a midpoint meeting place with our oldest son and his family. You know it's a great place for family when you can swim indoors before breakfast, enjoy plenty of fluffy(not threadbare!) towels, and then each of my grandchildren can find food to their own taste. the suites allowed us sufficient space and comfort to visit and play. We truly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
cesarebenedetti, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Tulsa - I-44, responded to this review, January 22, 2012
Thank you for the great review! We're delighted you and your family enjoyed your stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Older property that hasn't had an update in quite some time. No matter where you looked the age was evident. The bed was ok but not up to the standards I would expect from an Embassy Suites. The staff however were very good and couldn't have taken better care of us, this was by far the brightest part of our stay. In addition to the room being old there was also a mold issue in the bathroom shower which we reported to the desk.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
cesarebenedetti, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Tulsa - I-44, responded to this review, January 4, 2012
Thank you for the great comments about our amazing staff! We are very excited about our renovation which will be starting very soon! You will be shocked with our great new look once all is finished.
Grove, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

This is probably the best bang for your buck, unless you prefer a quiet stay. Breakfast is a great buffet with both hot and cold entrees. We loved the breakfast.
The night of our stay, we had a romantic steak dinner in the hotel restaurant and it was extremely good.
Since this is a family friendly place, there were several young people running up and down to the pool area. We didn't mind, but people should be aware that this may happen.
The ambiance is garden like with lots of tile and a nice fountain that lends it's meditative sounds to the experience and over the sounds of people laughing and talking.
There is a spa in the pool area that is nice to sit in.

Room Tip: For a little extra, the staff will put a basket of chocolates and wine in your room for a romantic e...
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
cesarebenedetti, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Tulsa - I-44, responded to this review, December 27, 2011
We're delighted we could help make your stay special! Thank you for the great reveiw!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

I have stayed here several times and always find a friendly and helpful team, clean and spacious rooms and a really terrific breakfast awaiting my arrival.

• Stayed December 2011
Thank you for the excellent review and most importantly your continued loyalty! We look forward to your next visit!
Grapevine, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

I stayed at Embassy Suites for business and found the check-in staff excellent. They didn't have the room I had reserved, but were accomodating in finding me an adequate replacement. The rooms were fine but furnishings were stained. Staff was all pleasant, but it took way too long for them to seat me and serve me dinner. The omelet guy also was MIA for quite a while. Will i stay again? Yes, probably. But would love to see some improvements!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
cesarebenedetti, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Tulsa - I-44, responded to this review, December 19, 2011
Thank you for your review! This is information we will use to better our service and our property.
Alexandria VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

Absolutely loved this hotel. If only all of my stays could be so good.
The staff were the best ever. Incredibly friendly. Joy was an awesome manager.
Even I would have been a little frustrated with myself, but she handled it all very professionally and friendly to help accommodate me to make my stay the best possible. Was a bit picky and wasn't happy with my original room, and ended up switching 5 times upon arrival. Ended up in the handicap room # 810 which was great for me. Loved it. Had a super stay.

Liked the atrium style courtyard. Seemed very open and not closed in like most hotels w/ just hallways. Liked the fountain area w/ plants with little sayings. Loved the yellow rubber duck with sunglasses in the fountain. Very cute. Was fun to ride in the glass enclosed elevator.

Alex was also at the front desk and did an awesome job. Very caring, friendly, and helpful.

Jeremy I didn't think was all that helpful. Had called ahead for the shuttle to let him know I would need it in 10 minutes. He said no problem, it was there. Then arrived downstairs to find out it left and had to wait another 20 minutes for it to come back. Almost missed my race.

The shuttle service was great overall. Boris, Ron, and Edward were awesome. Super shuttle drivers. They would take you within a 5 mile radius of the hotel as needed, ie to restaurants close by, which was extremely helpful as I didn't have a car here.

Unfortunately went to the Ruby Tuesday twice. Felt ripped off and over priced the 1st time. 2nd time, the Thanksgiving dinner was processed turkey and no dessert. Was totally gross. Will not go back there. Cracker Barrel next door to Ruby was awesome. Cattleman's in the hotel was very good. Filet was good. It has a little different flavor than I am used to, but I think that is the 28 day aging. Was good if you want a pricey meal. Village Inn has awesome pies.

I didn't think any hotel could beat the Drury in Louisville KY, but this hotel did. Not only did they offer a Managers kickback in the evening like Drury, the breakfasts were 10 times better. What a great value to include in the price of the hotel. They have a chef there to make you an omelet or eggs to your liking and pancakes. They also had a wide variety of cereal, fruit, and juices, and yogurt. I loved the breakfasts. Only thing I would change on them though are the hours. Should be 6:30 to 10:30 everyday. The weekend ended at 10:30 I think, but then ended at 9 during the week. I had stayed thru Monday to get some rest after the BIG Grand National BMX race, but then had to get up earlier than I wanted to make it to the breakfast before it closed on Monday.

The pool area was good with a jacuzzi. The business area with 2 computers and internet were fine. Was able to check in for my flight and print the boarding passes.

The room was great. Bed and pillows were good. Slept well. A flat screen tv in the bedroom and living room were great. Microwave and refrigerator came in handy. I liked the shampoo and conditioner as well.

Best hotel I have stayed in all year. Would definitely come back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
cesarebenedetti, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites Tulsa - I-44, responded to this review, December 12, 2011
I am always impressed by the great eye for detail our loyal travelers have. Thank you for noticing all the little touches we add to try and make your stay special. Thank you for the fantastic review!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

Our race team stayed here 4 nights during the race and it was great. The service was super. They had a lot of extra patrol out watching for the kids to screw around. I thought the kids did great and the staff was understanding. Great job and we will see you next year.

• Stayed November 2011
Thank you for the great review! The BMX group was great this year. We hope to see you next year!

Been to Embassy Suites Tulsa - I-44? Share your experiences!