“You get what you pay for...at least we found a room!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn - Tulsa West (I-44)

You added Americas Best Value Inn - Tulsa West (I-44) to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn - Tulsa West (I-44)
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5525 W. Skelly Drive/I-44, Tulsa, OK 74107 (Formerly Days Inn Tulsa West)   |
Ranked #85 of 100 Hotels in Tulsa
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
“You get what you pay for...at least we found a room!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2014

Very close to the highway...stayed here bc it got late and we needed to stop somewhere! Only other hotel was a motel 6....There were a lot of people hanging around outside, we believe based on other reviews, that we were given a "nice" room. It was not SO nice....wallpaper was peeling off in the bathroom...giant hole above the showerhead, but we needed sleep. And we did sleep. The beds were very comfortable and the staff at the front desk that night was very kind. Wouldn't go out of my way to stay again....ever. But I was delighted that I had a bed that night after driving 14hrs!

• Stayed September 2014

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We have been here about a month now and had a couple issues, but all issues have been handled quickly by the General Manager Amit Desai. He is very professional, polite and friendly. Their housekeepers Kathy & Jodi do a great job with our room. They are also polite & friendly. Some of the rooms need updating and they are in the process of doing just that. The bed is comfortable, the air conditioner works great. There is a pool that is kept clean. The property is off of I 44, but highway noise really can't be heard from inside the room. It's not far from downtown Tulsa. If you stay here and need anything make sure you talk to Amit about it. Like I said before he will handle it quickly.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Amit D, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Tulsa West (I-44), responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you, For taking your time out to review our hotel. We appreciate your stay with our hotel and i will also share this review with my staff. We thank you for letting us know issues you have had.
Bastrop, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

When reading reviews I always try to take into consideration the number of good & bad = different strokes/standard for different folks !!

Personnel very nice...but this was 1 of the worst hotels we have ever seen :( Really Dirty !!! In need of much/everything, total repair & updating !!! Scary electrical = fire hazard !! Wonder whether legit Health & Safety inspections ever done ??

Room Tip: Sorry to say...There aren't any !!!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking your time to let us know about your stay with our hotel. I am very sorry that your stay was pleasant with us. I will make sure that we correct all issues since we are under a major renovation. I have also checked and see that all inspection report are passed and valid.
Fulton, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We needed a room for the night and went for low cost. Place is big and high traffic. Older and a bit run down, dirty hallways, smells of smoke. First room into was non smoking but reeked of cigarette smoke. Moved us without any trouble and got a great little room that was perfect for sleeping for the night. We'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Went through hotels.com and got what we wanted even though had to ask out of non smoke room that ree...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing review. We are sorry you had problem with smoke smell in room. Also i am glad to hear that we were able to move you to another room quickly with no trouble. Again thank you for staying with us looking forward to see you again.
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I could not stay here. The first room we were given, the outside door was banged up and bent back in the corner, and left a large gap. The room next door had the same thing - it appeared as if something had crashed into the doors at some point in time. After walking in the room, we noticed the bed linens and towels were stained, ants in the bathroom sink and there trash stacked in the corner. We went to the front desk and asked for another room. The manager put on her best fake surprised expression when we told her the condition of the room.
She gave us another room, and while the outside door was not bent and broken, the room had dirty linens and smelled of urine .
Back to the front desk we went and told the manager we could not stay. We told her the conditions of the room and again with the fake surprised face, along with the excuse that she just arrived on duty. It was obvious that the room had been neglected for a long time before her shift, months or years I'm guessing. She refunded our money and we went elsewhere.
I do not recommend this place at all.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Shawnee, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Stayed overnight in Tulsa at this motel. Staff was friendly, room was clean, large with couch, King size bed, fridge, microwave, wi-fi, TV, hair dryer, Ironing board, iron, and was Pet Friendly. Breakfast of biscuits and gravy or cereal only. Although room was near Highway, it was quite. For the price was a good place to stay, and convenient to Tulsa South and west side. Plan on staying there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Amit D, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Tulsa West (I-44), responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. I am glad you had a pleasant stay. The entire staff is here to ensure all of your needs are met while you are our guests. We all look forward to your return.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

On the surface, this hotel seems like a good deal- free wifi, free breakfast, cable-ready, all that good jazz. And if you're a new customer, it would be. But then the cracks begin to show. Issues with the door not shutting or locking properly (leave valuables at your own risk-housekeeper has been known to take liberties). I was minding my own business in my room- not even clothed- and the housekeeper took it upon herself to barge in without knocking. There is no sense of respect for privacy. Another time I was out on business during the day leaving my possessions in the room. Came back later that evening to find some possessions missing (expensive watch, a chew toy I had gotten for my dog, etc.). Worse part is, the managers/front desk staff dont seem to care. They just shrug it off. Also, they are pretty good at laying false accusations- we were told we were making too much noise and scratching up the walls, and put us in their "B" building- basically their poorer section. Oh, you would not believe the smell! Obviously, the more shady people stay there and with them come the usual smells that you come to expect, and there are telltale signs that the housekeepers dont put as much devotion into cleaning the "B" rooms as they do in the "A" rooms- paint peeling off the walls, off coloring on the sheets, and a slight infestation of bugs in some rooms. The towels get changed sporadically (you'd have to request that the keeper change them, or when you are in need of more toilet paper). We've requested to be put in "A" building several times due to personal needs (bad backs needing tubs-the "B" rooms have showers only) and they always tell us that they're full up (even though we can tell they have plenty of rooms available there. Also due to our bad backs we requested downstair rooms only, but they dont care about this either, giving us upstairs rooms in spite of us asking them politely and nicely not to. One more thing, they say they have free wifi- not all of them do. I have had difficulty connecting in some of the rooms, and when I ask them about it, they insist everything is in proper working order (without even double-checking their system). Their breakfast? Ugh, They dont even try in that area. The gravy is almost always too watery (I dont know about you but I like my gravy to be a little thicker in consistency). They serve the biscuits cold. They dont even change out the coffee filters. You're better off going down the street and paying a dollar for a McMuffin. In short. Dont do it. Stay far away. There are other hotels nearby (Super 8 or Motel 6) that are way better service wise and quality wise. Price is a little higher but you will be better off. Trust me. We even passed up a $55 room (Royal Inn Express) for them (we get a $62 rate here) out of loyalty, and this is how we're repaid. Shoddy business practices all around. And did I mention their head housekeeper seems to be under the influence of narcotics 24/7? No wonder things seem to come up missing around her. She even suggested once that I leave my laptop there while I'm running errands (I refused). No. Just no. We've decided to take our patronage elsewhere and I highly recommend you do the same.

Room Tip: All are terrible in all honesty, but if you absolutely must stay here, Rooms 109 upwards seem to be...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Tulsa West (I-44)? Share your experiences!