“Great service and value!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Tulsa Central

You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Tulsa Central to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Tulsa Central
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3209 S 79th E. Ave., Tulsa, OK 74145 (Formerly Hampton Inn Tulsa)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #48 of 104 Hotels in Tulsa
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Great service and value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

I booked a room here 2 weeks for business as I got a cheap rate. Was impressed by the helpful staff, and a full HOT breakfast! My king room was comfy as were the free wifi, and other room amenities. Was quiet and had some great sleeps here. Would highly reccommend this place esp. on a discounted rate!!

• Stayed December 2013
Randy F, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Tulsa Central, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for your review! We're always thrilled to know that our guests are comfortable and that they are enjoying their accommodations as well as our staff!

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this survey, we greatly appreciate any feedback and positive feedback always has us grinning from ear to ear.

We sincerely hope that you will choose us again as your home away from home the next time you're in our area.

Cheers Mate!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Oklahoma usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Stayed two nights for family Thanksgiving trip. Public areas and room corridors were not clean during my stay. My room was not cleaned during the stay. Breakfast provided was average at best
with few lighter options like fruit and yogurt. Bathroom faucet leaked around edge when in use and
shower water temperature was tepid at best even though sink water temperature was hot.

Bed was comfortable and bedding was clean. Room was quiet at night for sleeping. Not worth it
without discounted price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Monument, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We booked this while on the road and realizing we weren't going to be able to go as far as we wanted that night. So, we booked a room for 4 through Hotwire who of course can screw up the simplest of things....namely, that a room for 4 should have 2 beds. The hotel made it right, so points there.

Checking was fast and easy, and room 200 was very easy to find at the top of the stairs. This is an older facility that has been well cared for and is very clean. The problem with a room at the top of the stairs is that you hear everyone coming and going as the room door isn't as soundproof as I had hoped. The heater in the room was loud too and woke several of us up throughout the night....but it did work well for what that's worth. Very comfortable beds btw, and great pillows.

I could forgive all of that, but the killer for me (perhaps a peculiarity with the specific room), was that I could NOT get hot water in the shower. Neither could my wife despite having piping hot water over at the sink. Bummer.....

The breakfast was decent, but not anything above and beyond standard hotel fare. The Holiday Inn Express breakfast would beat it any day, but it was good and edible. The coffee actually was very good!

Room Tip: I don't think id opt for a room right at the top of the stairway as the constant door closing ca...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Twin Cities, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stayed here 2 days for business when I was in town. The accommodations aren't the best. I'm not a fan of the decor. It made me feel like I was in some kind of retirement home. They should invest and update their furniture with something more modern.
That being said, the staff was attentive when I was there. Not sure if she's still working there but when I was there last year, Brenda at the front desk was very kind and helpful. Maybe not all the staff is the same and that might explain the inconsistent reports by other users.
So overall, it was a decent and affordable option but they need to spend more on their premises. I've been to other Country Inns that are way better than this one.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Branson, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I paid for room #205, king size bed $49.00 with coupon, for a Country Inn it was a good price, the room itself was nice. The only complaint is the customers, were fixing their truck on a sunny day on a Saturday in the parking lot for around three hours with a lot of noise with that. They must be those young guys who stay as contractors, I am assuming, rude that they think they can fix their auto on the property and annoy the guests staying, when I complained they said, I could move my room, why can't they get this right from the beginning, no one wants to change rooms when they have already settled into a room, I think the other guest who was annoying outside should go stay at Econo Lodge in a small town where everyone knows each other with that kind of inconsiderate rude behavior, I would like to know what the heck is wrong with people who do this? Then the staff has to take the flack.

Room Tip: Always ask for an area where there is less noise. and also, ask if the bath tub is clean? Because y...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Okemos, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

A friend and I had an 11-day stay at the Country Inn-Tulsa Central, so we experienced both the highs and lows of this facility. Highs: we got an excellent price. The rooms are nicely laid out, with good amenities for a long stay like good mattresses, microwave, refrigerator, coffeemaker, plenty of outlets and towels, and enough bathroom counter space for two women's stuff. The walls are thick enough that noise in the halls or from other rooms is minimal. The staff is very friendly, and you can get coffee or cocoa any time in the lobby. Freshly baked cookies, too…sometimes; that's not predictable. Most days they have a hot breakfast with high-quality protein: scrambled eggs, french toast or omelets, sometimes sausage and biscuits, too. But two days only high-carb breakfast was available: waffles, sweetened yogurt, cereal, breads. Hard-boiled eggs would have made a complete breakfast; as it was, the day's schedule was thrown off by the need to go out for the meal. Some days real plates and silverware were available, others just styrofoam with plastic utensils, and most often a mix of each. Maid service was also erratic; one day our used facecloths were taken (although we'd hung them up for re-use) but not replaced; another day the same thing happened with the plastic cups in the room. Signs in the hallway promised a guest laundry (needed for such a long stay)…but it hasn't yet been installed.

And I need to say something about duvets. Obviously, some people love them. But for two people with different preferred sleeping temperatures, they're not satisfactory unless there's also a light blanket one can either add over the duvet or substitute for it. At this property, as at some other places, I removed the comforter and used just the cover as light blanket.

The inconsistencies in what could be a very nice hotel force me to give it only two smiles.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
CarlsonRezidor, Carlson at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Tulsa Central, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. We will make to take all your comments into consideration in regards to breakfast, the comforters and housekeeping. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I am please with most of my stay and the staff. Jennifer is great and helpful. The place is clean. My issue is there are no security cameras. My car has had been broken into twice in two weeks with the windows shattered out and the weekend 'manager' today stated, "There's nothing we can do for you and the company won't put up security cameras. They took them down recently and have no plans to replace them." I KNOW there is nothing they can do for me but for goodness sakes, look out for your guests! All of the other surrounding hotels HAVE security cameras.

There are several of us that stay here frequently and no staff is ever seen in the back of the building where people have to park without walking a dang mile to their rooms.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Tulsa Central? Share your experiences!