“Hard to find but worth the trouble” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Tulsa Central

Save Saved
You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Tulsa Central to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Tulsa Central
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3209 S 79th E. Ave., Tulsa, OK 74145 (Formerly Hampton Inn Tulsa)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #51 of 100 hotels in Tulsa
west tennessee
“Hard to find but worth the trouble”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My friends had been to the hotel before and thought they knew how to get there but it took a few turn around's to get there. The hotel was very nice and clean. We arrived on Thursday and stayed until Sunday. Everything was fine until Saturday night when a group of frat boys checked in. You can imagine what that was like, wandering the halls all night, beating on doors, slamming doors until about 5 AM. Anyway after much complaining the next morning we were assured there would be an investigation. I really liked this hotel and would stay there again. They can't always control groups. The clerks were very friendly and apologized for the noise. My room was a King bed which was very comfortable. Every afternoon when I came back the housekeeper had put out clean towels and straightened the room. The AC was loud but it worked which was important to me.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

93 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Kansas City, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I travel 40-50% of my work week and stay in a lot of hotels. The customer service I received in this hotel was so refreshing! They put my needs first and my stay was so wonderful. The front desk personnel (Andrea) was so courteous and friendly. Their warm welcome made it feel a little like home! There was a tv not working properly and she came instantly to check. She moved me to another room and to my surprise also inspected to make sure everything was in order. When I came back to the room she had left a back on the door with towels & washclothes that were missing in the room. I had not even noticed. It was so nice to see how much it meant that my stay was important. These young ladies get what Customer Service really is!! Thank you!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Tulsasquarehotel, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Tulsa Central, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
We are humbled and grateful for your very detailed and kind review and very pleased to hear you received the “best customer service” We do realize how difficult it can be travelling so far from one's home and hope that we are able to make your travels as comfortable, enjoyable, fun and effortless as possible. We look forward to your next visit with us. Thank you for posting your review.
Kenosha Wi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Upon arriving the desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. We were using a coupon and had no trouble getting a king size room. Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was o.k., only cereal, apples, toast, rolls. The only glitch was on our way out we saw a large black bug in the hallway.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review and share your comments. We appreciate all honest feedback. We do thank you for letting us know about the bug you found in the hallway. Ecolab, our pest control company confirmed the bug as crick and treated the hallways and exterior perimeter
Thank you for continuing to choose the Tulsa Square Hotel and for your kind recommendations.
If there is anything more we can to do assist, please feel free to contact us.
Victoria, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

This property is supposed to be having a Grand Re-Opening. It's anything but "grand." Our room was two doubles. The TV remote didn't turn the TV on. The old air conditioning units have auto, low and high fan settings, but the fan won't stay running on low or high. So, the unit cut on and off constantly. While watching TV, it would make the TV loud when off and you couldn't hear the TV when unit was on. Sleep with this loud unit off and on -- forget it. We got earplugs to get some sleep.

We put money in the vending machine and the item didn't drop. OK, that happens and I understood the hotel doesn't own the machines themselves. But, I also know that they can pay you back and then get their money when the vending machine rep does come. The staff member on duty that evening tried to refuse the refund. I would have let it go, but that same day we had been gone ALL day long, and no one brought clean towels or touched our room. There was some mildew on the grout in the shower. Just not a good stay for us at all and we had 3 nights to "enjoy" the room. They said they could not move us.

In fairness, I will say most of the staff were very friendly. The elevator didn't work one night on our end of the hotel. I think they should have finished some more things and then had the Grand Re-Opening. It is a good location as far as getting to all the things to do in Tulsa.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a new A/C unit. They told us they are putting new ones in the rooms.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Though we appreciate you taking the time to post your review of your recent visit, we are concerned of some the issues you encountered. This is a big concern for us as we take our service standards very very seriously. Aside from reaching out to you privately to get more details about the specific issues you encountered, let us publicly apologize for any inconvenience and assure you that we will work to resolve any issues and improve our services based on your response.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We stayed at the Tulsa Square Hotel the first night of our vacation. After traveling for 12 hours, we were looking forward to a dip in the pool and a good night's sleep. Our impression was of a formerly upscale hotel gone a little to seed. First, the good points: the room itself and bathroom seemed clean enough, and the showerhead was adequate. The bed was comfortable and we slept well. The pool was located in a sort of courtyard surrounded by the hotel so you didn't feel as if you were on display in your bathing suit to every passerby on the freeway. All the basic amenities were provided and the price was a bargain at less than $60 (we don't qualify for any discounts). Being obviously an upscale hotel in the past, the construction seemed to be more solid than is often the case with newer mid-price properties, and we experienced absolutely no noise problems whatsoever. Noise is absolutely my biggest pet peeve with hotels, as I have had many nights' sleep ruined by noise from someone stomping around overhead or slamming doors. I usually request a room on the top floor for this reason. In this instance, we were not on the top floor, but nevertheless it was perfectly quiet.

Now the not so good: the carpets in the hallways are stained and dingy, and the elevator in the front of the building was out of order. Fortunately, there was a second elevator in the back that was working, so we didn't have to haul all our luggage up the stairs. The outdoor pool was surprisingly chilly considering the string of 100+ degree days that Oklahoma had experienced in the weeks prior to our stay. The lock on the entrance into the hotel from the pool area (which you are supposed to open with your key card) was actually gone from the wall, so the door was unlocked. I think the pool area was fenced, so it wasn't a huge security issue, but still it looks bad. The breakfast was probably the worst I saw during our entire trip. Just carbs--bread, muffins, etc., coffee and juice. There was a container of oatmeal, presumably to make with the hot water, but it was regular oatmeal, not instant.

All in all, if this place could get some TLC--fixing the broken elevator, new carpets, better breakfast--it would rate 4 stars rather than 3. For the price, though, it is hard to beat.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Usually when looking for a pet friendly hotel I end up paying a lot extra for a room. Tulsa Square Hotel was a FANTASTIC deal. I visited for the TU graduation and was very happy with the room, breakfast, and above all price! The room was quieter than I expected with it being close to the highway. The breakfast was complimentary and a typical satisfactory spread. It is obviously an older hotel, but it was very clean and that is what matters. Really the only issue I had was actually finding it. There is a lot of traffic congestion and construction right around there and our GPSs stopped working there. I will definitely stay here again if I need to go back to Tulsa.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Yes, I woke up refreshed -- my best sleep in years, literally. Whether it's the Grace of Oklahoma, or my friends praying for me, I had a wonderful sleep.

Now, I may be mistaken, so take this with a grain of salt -- but if you reserve a room, and it says "View of river" -- well, there isn't one!

Pros: Refreshing sleep. Oh, I still remember that morning. WiFi had 2-to-4 bars. Price was very good.

Cons: Tricky finding this place -- even using the hotel website. There should be ads / street signs leading you the way the many other hotels in the area do.

When you first enter the hotel (entrance 2 in the back) the smoke on the carpets discourages you from taking a step further. Yuck.

Food -- poor. Slim pickings. We got to the large dining area 8 a.m. -- only 1 individual there. Lots of CARBS (waffles, oatmeal, dried cereal, bagels), but NO fruit, eggs, whatever. And the juice machine was messed up.

When I left in the morning, the checkout person told me to take West 40 to Indiana. Good thing my son pointed out her error as I was approaching the wrong off ramp.

Why 4 stars -- I woke up refreshed (yes, I think I've mentioned it already!) Great rest on the road is indispensable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time in reviewing us. We happy to hear you had the best sleep in years.
We also appreciate your feedback in terms of our breakfast. We look for feedback on the specific areas we can continue to work on and improve. Though we understand your disappointment, we do hope that you'll give us another chance on a future visit to the Tulsa area

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Tulsa Central? Share your experiences!