“A great find for authentic Mexican food!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #158 of 1,086 restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: Mexican
Tulsa, OK
“A great find for authentic Mexican food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

It is worth searching for this restaurant if you are in the mood for real Mexican food - not "Tex-Mex" pre-prepared cheesie substitutes! My husband and I ate lunch here on a cold Oklahoma afternoon and were both happy we did! Order at the counter and hope for one of 10+ tables. The entrees are pictured on the wall and you can "point" to want you want a (if your Spanish is not so good) and voila! your food is delivered to the table. Enchiladas are outstanding! Try it...you'll like it!

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

% Recommend
Kansas City, Missouri
“Dang Tasty Mexican Food In Tulsa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went to Tulsa and stayed at the Wyndham so our son could play in the waterpark and we could just relax for a day or two. I noticed there were a lot of Mexican restaurants, but a lot of them just seemed to be kind of average, Tex Mex fare.

I stumbled on a review for Tacos El Rinconcitos the first night and we decided to go the next. It's kind of in midtown I guess you would call it. Seriously it is located in an alley as well behind some apartments or motel, it was kinda weird to locate even with my gps. You can turn at the Quick Trip off S Yale or on E 49th St to get to the road and it's like in a tiny strip mall.

Tiny, whole in the wall place, that's not a bad thing, just letting people know. No table service, you order at the counter, all bottled drinks, some beer, and some horchata, a little sweet for my taste but still hits the spot with tacos.

My wife had some tacos de carne asada (steak) and al pastor (seasoned pork) both were quite tasty. I went out on a limb and ordered the torta ahogada (pork) and it paid off. It was a good size (see photo I uploaded) and the sauce was pretty dang tasty, albeit laden with Mexican Oregano. Too many onions for me, but they fell off easy enough. Not really spicy, just good.

Price was right and my stomach was happy, glad I found some real Mexican food.

Note. Hilarious enough, the next day when we were going to leave town, we went to an atm on E 41st street near out hotel, there is a tiny strip mall next to the Bank of America. I swear there is another location there and it looked new, same sign and everything, I drove clear across town and might not of had too. I swear it's there, so if your on the East side of town look for it. Tiny strip mall at E 31st Street and S 108th E Ave.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Healdsburg, CA
“Absolutely authentic...good in an average sort of way"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

This hole-in-the-wall is real Mexican, nothing like a trendoid McDonalds-owned Chipotle, et al. Their prices are also authentic: low and fair. The portions are large. Almost no one speaks English. And the clientele is Latino. The only negative—and it's not really a negative...it's a sort of a neither-this-nor-that—is the flavors. Definitely authentic, but not special. Eating here is kind of like eating at your friend's house, except his mom is just an average cook.

• Visited November 2011