“Captures the Spirit of the City” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
O'Fallon, Illinois
“Captures the Spirit of the City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

McNellie's on East First is a vibrant, fun place to dine, particularly with friends or significant others. The location downtown is close to many loft apartments, and this restaurant seems to attract a younger crowd which provides its own entertainment in turn. McNellie's menu has something for everyone, and the dishes have their own unique flavors, encouraging diners to want to return to sample all of the fare. The staff is friendly and efficient, the atmosphere is retro cozy, and parking did not seem to be a problem on a pleasant Sunday in town. Finally, and prehaps most important, this McNellie's (there is another in town which I haven't visited) has an impressive array of beers, domestic and foreign, for those customers seeking the perfect brew to go with their meals. All in all, this is a nice place to enjoy a good meal at a reasonable price and to have on one's list of favorites.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Utila, Honduras
“Good food and friendly service for large group!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

There were 64 of us, all ages, and we were all served and ticketed well, with a friendly staff! Good food, great beer selection. We were very pleased and would go back again if in town, and enjoy the lovely front outdoor eating area and several of their great beer selections!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tulsa
“A New Standard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I hosted an event an McNellies for about 40 people at McNellies and it was great. Good food. Prompt and friendly service. And great atmosphere.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cedar Hill, TN
“Differant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

This place is tucked in behind other places so we wouldn't have noticed it if it hadn't been by our Hotel & we could walk. The location is also close to St. Francis hospital where my sister was, so we would visit & come late to eat. Tuesday $$ burgers are a great value. Service is weird..they have a large staff but the waitresses seam to forget your there & you have to flag them down.
We gave it a second try but same service. Now our bartender made the best Bloody Mary I have ever had! So, drink up & the service won't seem so bad.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Great place for casual lunch with friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I eat here regularly with friends during the work week. If I don't have much time I'll notify my server and my food arrives quickly. If I have time I can relax in the comfortable chairs and enjoy my lunch time with friends. They have daily lunch specials and a nice beer selection. The food is consistently good.

Visited June 2014