“Lovely HGI” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 105 Hotels in Tulsa
Dallas
“Lovely HGI”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012 via mobile

Had a great time her on what apparently was a slow weekend. This HGI is slightly removed from the busiest areas though closeto a highway. Hence it is a very quiet location. The place looks like new even though it is a few years old. Staff and room both good and the breakfast was as well. Wifi worked well with our collection of devices. No real complaints but hard to give any HGI class hotel 5 stars.

Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Kristiansand, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

Booked this hotel due to location close to my meetings.

Nice hotel standard, friendly staff, good and clean rooms as expected. Also a very good evening buffet!

Absolute value for money!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

First time staying here. Normally stay closer to downtown but this was a nice change. Hotel is clean, front desk girl was very nice and welcoming. Like the adjustable beds and water psi is good.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

Very nice property. Extremely comfortable beds. Nice shower. Great breakfast.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Booked this hotel for a stopover on the way to Branson. The facilities are nice and clean. Family of 5 stayed in a 2 Queen room. Requested and quickly received a roll away bed once we discovered there was no sleeper sofa in the room.

Location is central - right off the highway - but iPhone had trouble giving perfect directions to the front door.

Upon check-in verified my HHonors membership and provided free water bottles.

One complaint would be cost of breakfast buffet - for a family of 5, $11 per person is a bit high. We just went out for breakfast as there are multiple options within 5-10 minutes of the hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

I think the building is in good condition. I like that there is a full restaurant on site but it is often closed. The management is lacking there and the front office department is not good at figuring things out or using their system. Very unorganized. Better off staying at another hotel. The location is bad unless you are there for cancer treatment. If you plan to stay a while you will be sick of the traffic to leave the parking lot.

• Stayed November 2011
Greencastle, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Made a reservation on Sunday and arrived at the hotel Wednesday, Upon check-in was informed that the room I had booked was not available and that I had been downgraded. When I asked why, I was told not to worry because my charges would be less. I explained that I wanted the room I had booked and did not want to be in a smaller room and was not interested in the savings. Had I wanted to save money I would have booked the smaller room. I was capable fo paying for the room I had reserved. She said there was nothing she could do. That the decision had been made oin the morning before she came on. I asked why no one callled me as there was a very nice Holiday Inn Express across the parking lot that I would have booked. I am Gold with Hilton and Platinum with Holiday Inn. No further comments were made she sinply handed me my keys and said here was my room,

The TV in the room could only be seen with the lights off and I could not brighten it up. We ordered room service and when ordering and asked f they had any fruit they said yes. When asked what was available was told whatever was left over from breakfast (appetizing.) Ordered wings which according to the menu came with celery sticks. When they arrived there was no celery. When we called back we were told it wasn't fresh.. no apology or substutute was offered....

When taking a shower I felt dirty when I realized there were hand written numbers in pencil on the tile in the shower, evidently from when they were installed. Obvioulsy not washed very well.

At breakfast today, they were out of orange juice. As I checked out I asked if they had two stamps. The lady at the desk rummaged in a drawer and said she guessed they were out. I then told her of my issues and disappointment. Told her it was the worse HGI I ever stayed in. When I commented about the tile she said that was something since the hotel was six years old. Made me feel really dirty... sicne evidently the tiles had not been washed very well in 6 years!!!

I will not be back to this hotel ever!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay in a different hotel!!!