“Poor Management” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 105 Hotels in Tulsa
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Poor Management”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

Been coming to this property for 2 years now, about 2-3 stays a month due to location and convenience. They are currently on the 4th GM at this hotel in 2 years, only one staff member (cook) that remained from 2 years ago (maybe some cleaning crew). Hard to get a relationship and personal service going when the staff is constantly changing.
Rooms are large but occasionally find it dirty, urgently needs to update the menu from the restaurant. Now they did finally update the TV's in the room.
If not for the smoking rooms and location I would be elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Brno, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

Wow, after reading some of the other reviews here, I guess I should count myself lucky that I had a good experience at this hotel. I stayed there during the weekend of the Trek Expo (when some of the other reviewers experienced overbooking problems), and everything went well.

My room was great -- very comfortable, clean, and spacious. The room had a big desk, which was good for me, as I am an artist and wanted to touch up a few drawings during my stay. I found an iron and ironing board in the closet, which was appreciated, and plenty of hangers. There was also a small coffee pot (it basically brews one large cup), and the coffee left was pretty good by hotel standards. I would have preferred to have two pots' worth each morning, but I didn't ask for more, so I can't really complain about that.

The only problem I had was that the key card sensor that lets you into the room occasionally acted a little wonky. I was never locked out of the room, but on a few occasions it did fail to work right away. In these cases, I just waited about 60 seconds and tried again and was able to get in with no problem. In fact, I probably would have forgotten about it if another guest hadn't told me, at the end of the weekend, that he had had the same problem, on a much greater scale, and apparently was once locked out of the room for an hour or two until a maintenance worker could come in and fix the sensor box.

South Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

I arrived at this property at approximately 10:45 PM on a Friday night with guaranteed reservations as a Diamond HHonors member. Not only had the property been sold out through overbooking, but I was given a key and sent to a room (accompanied by my wife and daughter) that was already occupied. The young lady who checked us in appeared to be completely confused and untrained as to the job she was doing. I had to insist on speaking to the manager as this courtesy was not offered. Things did not improve as I then had to wait for the manager, who was bartending and did not seem very interested (my wife could see him from where she was standing and he continued to bartend and flirt with bar patrons while I waited for him at the check-in counter for fifteen minutes). Once the manager found his way to the check-in counter, he was apologetic and "walked" us over to another Hilton property that was comparable. End result was as you would expect in an overbooking situation...the manner in which it was processed was unacceptable and the GM at HGI South needs to find a calling more appropriate to his limited managerial and customer service skills.

Granby, MO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

Wow, booked reservation here months ago because we were going to a Star Trek Expo up the street. When we arrived to check in we were told, "Sorry, we overbooked and you can't stay here." Geez, I would have thought a reservation with a confirmation number was a contract. We always stay at that hotel because the Trek stars come to there and you can mingle with them. We were sent across town to a hotel with no fridge or microwave in the rooms, no hair drier (would have brought our own if we had known) and no pool. I will never attend the Star Trek Expo again and I will NEVER EVER EVER stay at another Hilton. I am filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and filing bad reviews on every website I can find for the rest of my life.

Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

The manager is an alcoholic and constantly making passes at the hotel guests and staff. On our first night there, he hit on my wife, the desk support and two other female guests. In addition, he made one of the cooks quit his job out of pure frustration.
Its too bad, the place is nice and relaxing, but the atmosphere created by this loser was just too much. Will never go to this place again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

On the day that we checked out of the hotel, 2 invoices were slipped under the door for the same room #,same dates, different guest names. I took these to reception and was offered no explanation or apology.

We had booked the hotel one month in advance and had paid for the reservation on American Express before we travelled. I explained this fact to the Hilton reception staff who told me that this was refelected on their records and that there would be no further charges to my American Express card. When I received my next American Express statement I found that they had charged me again, despite the assurance they had given me.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

I picked this hotel based on location (I was driving through the city on a road trip) and had read the tripadvisor reviews. I was not disappointed.
On arrival the check in lady was very cheerful and as I was on the way back out the door to go for a short run I asked her for a recommended route: she obliged with a local college/hospital ground trail just outside the hotel for a few miles of cardio! A great tip.
The same lady took messages for me from my dinner guests joining me who were running late too.
The room itself was roomy, very comfy two big beds and TV. Bathroom was nice too.
No breakfast was included but I left early and ate on the road.
I would recommend this hotel. There were restaurants nearby and I went to a steakhouse with friends.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa South? Share your experiences!