“Delicious” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
“Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I fell in love with Jamils years ago . This is the first time I have been to Jamils since they moved . I like the spaciousness , however the hummus was a little chunky instead of creamy . The tabouli didn't have as much flavor ... But my steak was amazing . Oh and I loved the pita bread , please get rid of the sandwich bread .... It's tacky ....

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Anniversary Dinner at Jamil’s”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Jamil’s is a place we would go to only on special occasions, since they are/were considered high end on the steak house list in Tulsa. So it’s been a long time since we went and I ordered the Rib Eye and my spouse ordered the salmon. The salmon was okay, not spectacular, but my steak (cooked medium) was tough. My potato was cold. The cabbage rolls were probably the best thing they served. The meat basket (with samples of smoked bologna and ribs) had over-cooked rib ends that didn’t have much edible meat. I kept thinking, what would Robert Irvine from the show Restaurant: Impossible tell these people. I was very disappointed. I can’t see this place, which has been open for 68 years, lasting much longer.
By writing this review, I am hoping they take a look at how things are being done and fix it before it’s too late.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
harrison
“Liked it so much the first time I tried it again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

I was back in Tulsa and wanted to try Jamil's again....My food and experience was just as good as the first time....I've decided now that I will eat there every time I am in Tulsa....I don't think it's considered priicy at all....

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent Steaks, lots of food, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We has a party of five. Prompt service and very good food. More than we could eat. It is just as we remembered it from the sixties.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Owasso
“Like they used to be.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Had the pleasure of having a gentleman wait on us who was from another era. He spoke of those he met while working at this great steak place from the early 60s. I felt like I was in a 5 star restaurant being treated like a king topped of with the best , melt in the mouth ribeye steak. Great experience.

Visited April 2012