“Nice place! Nice people! Good choice!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Tulsa

You added Hyatt Regency Tulsa to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Tulsa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   100 East Second Street, Tulsa, OK 74103 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Hotel - Tulsa)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #25 of 100 Hotels in Tulsa
Yorba Linda, California
“Nice place! Nice people! Good choice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for one night. Herman helped us with a cartload of luggage (including a full jazz drum kit). He smiles through the whole ordeal. Pointing out highlights of the hotel along the way to the room. Checkin was a breeze and the room was very nice and clean! Slept like a champ! Would stay there again the next time I go to Tulsa!

• Stayed August 2012
HyatttulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Tulsa, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the hotel and for also mentioning Herman. I agree with you he is great. I am also pleased that you mentioned the bedding. We have the Hyatt Grand Beds and they are wonderful. Thank you for the comments.

We hope to see you back the next time you are in Tulsa.

918-560-2204

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Norman, OK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed in July, 2012 and had serious problems checking in. Arrived at 4:30pm and had requested an early check-in as we had dinner reservations with friends at 5:30pm. We were told our room was not ready and couldn't tell us when it would be. Plus the lobby was overflowing with people in the same predicament. They were not very accomodating and said we could change at the pool dressing rooms - which were disgusting, had no towels and were extremely humid. We were not able to get our room until almost 7pm! They did not even offer a refund, a credit or free parking - just excuses about the high turnover due to a convention. Did they not know these people were leaving and checking in? Unfortunately it was difficult to enjoy our stay. Which is unfortunate since the rooms are nice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
HyatttulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Tulsa, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I apologize for the delay in getting you in your room. I believe this was the same weekend as the other post and I agree we did not handle as well as we could or should have.

I again apologize and hope you allow us another opportunity on your next visit to Tulsa.

Neosho, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

This was the most wonderful hotel room I have ever stayed at. It was so clean. Every one was so nice at this hotel. The rooms were spacious and staff was wonderful. I checked out of my room July 23rd and forgot a necklace in the room came back and the gladly retrieved it for me. I was suprised to see a decent size fridge in the room along with a ipod dock. The rates were wonderful as well. It was such a wonderful stay all around. I hope every one experienced such a good time at this hotel as I did.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
HyatttulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Tulsa, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for the fantastic review of the Hyatt Regency Tulsa. I truly appreciate your kind words and am pleased you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you again and I hope to meet you on your next stay.

Lamar, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Tulsa last weekend. We were very impressed by the hotel itself as well as the amazing customer service! We also enjoyed being able to walk to dinner and shopping areas.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your very kind review of the Hyatt Regency Tulsa. I appreciate you mentioning all there is to do close by. We have over 30 unique restaurants and bars within walking distance. I am pleased you were able to visit some of them.

Thank you again and I hope to meet you on your next trip to Tulsa.

Sprinfield MO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We arrived around 4pm to check in (Check-in starts at 3pm) and there were around 200 people sitting in the lobby with their luggage, and they all looked very unhappy. Then we waited in line to check in for about 45 minutes, only to find out our room was not ready... and these 200 people in the lobby were on "the list" ahead of us. They asked for my cell phone number to call me when it was ready. They said "probably about 45 more minutes." We let them know we were upset with this, and had to get ready for an event, but there was nothing they could do. We went to a restaurant down the road and ate, then came back and got in the big line again, and made it back to the counter (around 6:30pm). The room still wasn't ready. They suggested we get ready in the public bathroom like many others were doing. Seriously. (We tried calling a few other hotels downtown while at the restaurant, but everyone was booked up. So we were stuck here.) At this point we kind of lost it on the poor lady working the front desk counter. I asked her to comp the room, and she said the best she could do was 50% off which I accepted. I explained I wasn't going anywhere until she gave us our room and stood right there at the counter while she helped the next people in line until she gave us room keys. It was another 15 minutes or so. We finally got into our room at 7:00pm, three hours after we arrived. (The doors opened to our event at 7:00pm, and we ended up getting there an hour later than we planned.)

I asked them a couple times "What happened to cause this disaster?" and all they could say was the housekeepers were behind in cleaning. All I can figure out is they had several employees quit on the same day? Not sure. But one thing I am sure of is WE WILL NEVER STAY AT THIS OR ANY OTHER HYATT HOTEL EVER AGAIN.

Also, the room hadn't been cleaned well. I assume this was partly due to how hurried the housekeepers surely were. But there were also some things that looked like they hadn't been cleaned properly in a long time, like dusty vents, etc.

I went downstairs to get a couple of drinks from the bar for us while my wife was getting ready. I ordered two double bourbon&waters. The bartender said "That will be $36." (???) Those prices are higher than you would pay in Manhattan or anywhere I've ever been, but I didn't even say anything. I was beyond frustrated at this point and just let it go.

Room Tip: Don't stay at a Hyatt.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
HyatttulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Tulsa, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize that it did not meet your, or my, expectations.

We certainly dropped the ball this past weekend. Numerous check-ins, trying to get in as early as they can, and numerous check-outs with everyone wanting to stay as late as they can, make it tough to get rooms cleaned and ready. We should have been more prepared and handled this situation better. I truly apologize that it affected your stay.

Please allow us another opportunity to host you when in Tulsa next. I am confident we can show you the true Hyatt Regency Tulsa experience on your next stay.

I again apologize and thank you for the feedback.

Blackwell, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

On the web site this hotel looks beautiful! I was so excited to spend a night there. (It was my first getaway with my partner since we had our children). Two rooms were booked through the web site, (one for us and one for another couple we are friends with; whose experience was also awful, just in case like me you might think this bad review is the exception and not the rule). We planned on staying for one night, having dinner,catching a show and enjoying this hotels seemingly awesome amenities. Below, a list of all the problems we encountered during our stay at this hotel.

(1). Even though we reserved a room and early check-in, upon arrival (which btw was already regular check in time because we could not reach the hotel due to construction on the streets in front of it), we were told housekeeping was behind and we would have to wait. But not only our two rooms were being held up; there were literally at least 20 other people who were told the same thing!! we had to wait in line for almost thirty minutes just to be told we would have to wait another, (unknown) amount of time. We tried to be understanding and make the best of it, so we simply did not complain.

(2). When we realized we REALLY needed in our room before we went to our show, we went back and asked how long it might be before we could get into our rooms. Again, we were not given any estimated amount of time, so we offered to change the kind of room we reserved to accommodate THEM, so we could at least get what we were paying for.The person at the desk then was very friendly, and told us that we would be receiving some compensation for our trouble whenever we got checked in. Again, we left, only happy to oblige a hotel we assumed was just harried and understaffed and left dressed in our travel clothes to try and enjoy a dinner somewhere nearby.

(3). Once we were let into our room, we barely had time to catch the show we had driven 2 1/2 hours to see. We hurried to get ready, and personally, I was quite surprised to find that housekeeping took so long to clean our room, considering that it was not actually CLEAN. The first thing I did was jump into the shower, only to look to my right and see a used bar of soap sitting in the dish in the bathtub from the last patrons and tons of black smudges from someones feet left behind. In too big of a rush to complain, and because we were getting compensated anyway right? I jumped out and we ran to catch our show.

(4). Upon returning, we found that of course, the pool and bar were closed, (another reason we choose to stay at this hotel) and when we approached the night manager to discuss the cleanliness of both our rooms, (their room had an Iheartbeer sticker stuck on their wall and their bathroom door looked to have urine on it) and ask exactly, what? our compensation was, we were told he could not help us. That this was a day shift problem and he agreed that "mmm-hmm, yes that's gross" when told about the soap in the bathtub but did not offer us another room or anything. He almost acted as though I was telling a stranger on the street about a horrible hotel stay I had. Frustrated, I decided to just go in and hit the hay.

(5). I got into the room, called down for some cups (because they had not stocked any) and another bar of (unused) soap and turned to get the soft looking bed ready. I pulled down the comforter and lo and behold, they had not even changed the sheets! A hair was found on the top sheet, and it was clearly not mine. Again, I called front desk who sent someone to change my sheets. It took about a half an hour before I could make it into the bed.

(6). We found shortly after laying down that our air conditioner barely worked. At this point, we were done complaining and just slept in the hot, dirty room without blankets on.

(7). After waking, we made our way to check out and to speak with someone and find out WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE WE BEING COMPENSATED! According to the girl, (who wasn't on duty when we checked in) she had no clue. But guess what, she couldn't help us either. She basically agreed that our stay stunk and that they were sorry but sometimes, folks, after a night like this, sorry just isn't good enough.

After being promised a clean room, (which we didn't get), a peaceful nights sleep, (which they could not accommodate), an early check in (which turned out to be a very late check in), a roof top pool, (which we couldn't use) a comfortable room, (which could not exist in a heatwave without a good ac) and compensation for the lack of all these things they would not, could not seem to give us, I have to say that a motel 6 is a better stay than this awful place! Some might have given a good review before me, but if the staff and hotel is this touch and go with it's service, I would not chance spending your money here! Especially considering there are some very nice looking hotels in the same area for around the same price. And btw, if you do go ahead and decide to stay here, if they give you room 535 in the middle of summer, I would definitely not give them my credit card because this is the room without a/c and this hotel does not make ANYTHING right!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
HyatttulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Tulsa, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you for your review of the Hyatt Regency Tulsa. I apologize for the issues you experienced on your stay this past weekend. This was not a normal weekend for us and we struggled to deliver the service that has come to define our hotel.

I have sent you an e-mail with my direct number so that we may further discuss your stay. I again apologize and I hope to hear from you.

Lawton, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a convention for three nights. I got a great rate and I was not disappointed when I walked in. The lobby is beautiful. The staff was awesome. There was one valet, I really wish I would have gotten his name, that was so friendly, even though we did not use valet service. Windie checked me in and she was so nice and helpful. When I got to my room, I was thrilled with the size of it. The only complaint I have is there was hair on the bathroom floor. I thought that was really gross, and unfortunately, gave me a bad feeling for the housekeeping staff. The rest of the room was very clean. The beds were very comfortable. Saturday night there were drunks yelling in the hall and slamming doors. This was not the hotel's fault, by any means, but it was very disturbing at 3:00 am. Overall, I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
HyatttulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Tulsa, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for the great review and we appreciate your business. We hope to see you each and everytime you are back in Tulsa.

Thank you and have a great day.

918-560-2204

Been to Hyatt Regency Tulsa? Share your experiences!