“Better than expected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Tulsa

You added Hyatt Regency Tulsa to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Tulsa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   100 East Second Street, Tulsa, OK 74103 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Hotel - Tulsa)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #25 of 100 Hotels in Tulsa
Edmonds, Washington, United States
“Better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

I got a deal here through my AAA and was a bit nervous about my choice after reading the reviews here.
However, my personal experience was quite pleasant other than the usual human mistakes that I now expect everywhere so they don't bother me as much.
The staff was very friendly. I slept quite comfortably without hearing any noise from the elevators. The pool was clean and refreshing. My reservation came with a free breakfast in the Daily Grill which was quite hearty. Hot shower available, etc., etc. And all for a great price comparing to other hotels I've stayed at in Tulsa.
For any cons, as I've said, were due to simple mistakes and were quickly corrected. I could hear through the walls just a bit but not to the point it bothered me. You have to pay for parking but that's a Tulsa thing. No free parking anywhere downtown. The one point that I'll never understand, why not give free wifi in the room? You can easily take a few steps and down the elevator to have free wifi either in the lobby or in the grill. It seems pointless to charge when it's easily available close by and it would be a great perk to bring in more guests, in my opinion.
Other than these minimal issues, this place is well worth the stay.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
HyatttulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Tulsa, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for the great review and thank you for the kind words regarding our staff. We truly appreciate it.

We hope to see you again the next time you are in Tulsa.

918-560-2204

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I have stayed at the Hyatt a number of times in the last month. Nice hotel and the staff is very professional. Every morning when I left, the staff would say little things like, "have a great day", "is there anything I can do for you this morning?", "let me know if you need anything". Amazing! It's truly the kindness of these folks that will keep me coming back. (I wish other hotels would understand that you can have wonderful amenities, but if your staff stinks, it really do not matter.)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
HyatttulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Tulsa, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Hyatt Regency Tulsa. I agree with you 100%. Our people make our hotel. No matter what is in our rooms, wihtout service it would not matter.

Thank you again for your kind remarks and we hoep to see you again the next time you are in Tulsa.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

In the last year this is the hotel I stay out most, I have stayed at another downtown hotel twice in the past year but I always come back to the Hyatt and with good reason. First the hotel is beautifully remodeled, second the location is a couple blocks from the Blue Dome District, third is the staff - they are fantastic.

My last stay here was in May and I could not have asked for a better visit. Again the staff is the best, I have stayed here enough that the staff already knows my likes - just by seeing my name and my face. The shuttle drivers are always friendly and knowledgeable about the area.

My room was beautiful and away from the elevator, just the way I like it. Everything is always clean, cleaning staff is great and they are super friendly. The Daily Grill has a great happy hour and I love their omlets for breakfast. I also enjoy the gift shop, not only to grab bottle water but I have even grabbed a little costume jewelry ring to go with a dress for a wedding I was headed to.

Location is near the Blue Dome District and lots of food and entertainment. Also if you need a hotel the staff will easily call it for you. Also you have the option of valet (not sure of cost) or self park which is $8 a day.

Please note when you come in you must hop the escalator or elevator to get to the lobby for check in.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

This was our first stay at the Hyatt, Tulsa. We went to see Jersey Boys at the Performing Arts Center and wanted a hotel close enough to walk. It is right next door to the PAC and looks like an easy walk to the BOK Center also. The valet was very friendly and helpful and the lady at the front desk check in was friendly also. Check in was a breeze. Our room was clean and comfortable - it looked out to the east and I enjoyed standing at the window and taking in the view. We walked to breakfast at the Blue Dome Diner.
We had a restful stay and will definitely stay here again if we are attending events in the downtown Tulsa area.

Garland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Jeff Keeley, the GM, was extremely available and helpful in getting us a room on the 15th floor -- I would highly recommend staying there! He treated us like "family"!

Jenna, the chocolate covered strawberry "artist" delivered a masterpiece to our room along with a lovely bottle of Sparkling Champagne! Very "Pretty Woman" of her!

Lunch in the Daily Grill was fabulous. Service was impeccable!

Walking distance to the Tulsa Performing Arts Center that evening to see "Jersey Boys", and it was spectacular!

A late check out option was much appreciated, too (2:00 o'clock).

A perfect weekend was the only adjective to do this justice. Thank you, Jeff, and your staff!

Room Tip: Stay on the 15th Floor! What a view!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great review. I am pleased to hear everything went well. Jenna is a fantastic employee and I appreciate you recognizing her.

Thank you for mentioning our proximity to the Tulsa Performing Arts Center. I saw Jersey Boys twice and thoroughly enjoyed both performances. Dinner in the Daily Grill, a great Broadway Show, then cocktails or desserts after in the Daily Grill....you can't go wrong.

Thank you again and we hope to see you back at the Hyatt Regency Tulsa.

Conway, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Great place to stay if travelling from out of town to see a show at the BOK Center and need a place to stay nearby. Check-in and valet staff were very friendly. Stayed here before in 2010 and will come back again.

Anderson, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

The staff was very friendly. Nice hotel in heart of downtown. Walking distance to Cain's Ballroom. Nice rooftop pool and fitness center.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review o the Hyatt Regency Tulsa. I appreciate the great comments as well as the observations. This gives us an opportunity to improve our service to our guests.

I also appreciate you mentioning how close we are to Cain's Ballroom (also the BOK Center and Brady Theater). With the Hyatt Regency, these great venues and the numerous unique restaurants and bars, there is no need to leave downtown.

Thank you agian and we hoep to see you again on your next visit to Tulsa.

918-560-2204

Been to Hyatt Regency Tulsa? Share your experiences!