“Just okay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Tulsa

You added Hyatt Regency Tulsa to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Tulsa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   100 East Second Street, Tulsa, OK 74103 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Hotel - Tulsa)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #29 of 104 Hotels in Tulsa
Texas
“Just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

The room was nice, the view was really nice. The lobby area was very pretty, but the rooms were just normal-looking.
They do not have free parking, and they charge for wireless internet.
The staff was very nice at our check-in.
Overall, just a so-so hotel experience. We stayed here because we got a Groupon for $49, which we could just not pass up. At that price, it's a great deal! At a normal price, I'd probably be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

I checked in shortly after 3pm and was placed in a lovely room with a view and a stain on the bathroom wall. I was promptly moved to another room after walking my belongings back down to the lobby. Jacob was nice, apologetic, and moved me to a corner room on the 9th floor with the same view. Parking in the garage was easy as there were no events going on. The parking attendants were friendly and courteous, even though I opted to self park.
Unfortunately the pool was closed for maintenance for both days.
I did not dine at the hotel but would recommend it if for some reason you cannot get out to enjoy the sumptuous fare Tulsa has to offer. The room has a lovely copy of tulsa people magazine's guide.
I slept great with no noise. Checkout was a breeze and they are right near the PAC. Clean, tidy, with a noon checkout. You can't beat the groupon value. I would suggest complimentary internet instead of $9.95 wireless a day. Thanks!

• Stayed June 2011
Grand Junction, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

We stayed at the Hyatt for a wedding. Check in was no problem and I must say personally our room was fine. The tub didn't drain very well.

I am writing this because my mother's room was awful when she got there. She found blood on the shower curtain and a pink substance around the toilet. They came up and cleaned up the room when she called down.

Now my brother's room was even worse. There were stains on the bedspread. Dust everywhere. The tray that held the coffee was full of cream and hadn't been cleaned lately.

One morning I woke up to go down the elevator and someone had spilled coffee in the elevator. 2 hours later it was finally cleaned up. Someone had put the watch out for wet floor sign up, but couldn't be bothered to clean it up. Another day my sister had to really pull her feet from the sticky stuff on the floor near the elevators.

Why does the coffee shop stay closed until 8 AM? People like coffee in the morning and I know I wasn't going to use the coffee maker in the room.

The people at check in were very nice when we were checking in. The valet guys were so helpful and the waiter we had was very good at the restaurant.

I hope that this hotel can start working on the cleanliness of this hotel. A Hyatt should never have bad reviews because rooms and common areas are not clean.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
HyatttulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Tulsa, responded to this review, June 1, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding the Hyatt Regency Tulsa. I do apologize that we did not meet your, or my expectations. A clean, comfortable room is a minimal requirement and I apologize that we did not deliver that on this trip to Tulsa. We strive daily to ensure our hotel and rooms are cleaned to the highest standards.

I would like for you to try us again. I am certain we can show you the true Hyatt Regency Tulsa experience. Please call me personally and I will make all the arrangements.

I again apologize, thank you for your understanding and I hope to meet you on your next visit to Tulsa.

Jeff Keeley
918-560-2204
southern plains
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

Great location to be near a critically ill family member in Hillcrest Medical Center and get away from the waiting rooms for a shower and restful sleep. The hotel is well kept, rooms are spacious and clean. Beds are absolutely luxurious!
We checked in around midnight to finally relax after a 2 days of little rest. Two hours later the emergency alert began screeching and we evacuated down 8 flights of stairs only to be told it was a false alarm. The alarms continued blaring for another 30+ minutes, preventing us from returning to sleep. Hotel staff was unwilling to offer another night at a discount for us to again try to get much needed rest.
All things being equal, it's a fabulous hotel if you get the sleep you pay for. It's worthless if false alarms jolt you awake, cause you to leap out of bed and evacuate down the stairwell in a heart-pounding panic at 2 in the morning.
The clerk on duty informed us this happens once every few weeks... usually when young people have some sort of event booked in one of their event rooms. This Tulsa Hyatt would be doing it's actual hotel patrons (who expect to get the sleep they pay for) a service if they used surveillance and warning signs of cameras and prosecution near the alarm pull stations to help ward off this type of prank.
Tonight, we'll try another downtown hotel so we can remain near our loved one - while we again try to get some much needed rest ourselves.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We appreciate all responses so that we may continue to improve our guest experience.

I do apologize for the alarm sounding during your stay. This is not a normal occurrence and I apologize that if effected your stay.

I would like for you to stay with us again the next time you are in Tulsa. I am confident that all future stays will exceed your expectations.

Jeff Keeley
918-560-2204
Independence, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

The rooms are decent and the hotel is at a great location for downtown activities, but we were disappointed that it didn't offer many basic guest courtesies like free breakfast or coffee bar, reliable visitor maps, etc.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

I was there for a four day conference and I was more than pleased.
Check in was efficient and quick. The hallways were clean leading to the room and the room was up to date and spotless.
The room attendants were friendly and engaging..
The meeting rooms were always set on time and spotless. everything worked all the time
The food at all the events on property were phenominal with tast and presentation.
The service staff were always on point.
I enjoyed the coffee shop as well as had dinner one night at the bar and both experience were excellant.
The Bellman were always helpful and extremely friendly.
The management team was ever present and also engaging which is not always the case at every hotel.
I shopped off property on two different occasions and taxi's were readily available.
The shuttles to and from the airport were always on time and efficient.
What more could you ask for.
Great Job Hyatt Regency Tulsa keep up the good work!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

This is a great hotel located directly downtown. The staff was amazing and I was greeted every time I passed an employee; from the van driver to the housekeeping staff to the front desk. I took the hotel's shuttle from the aiport and there are a number of restaurants & bars within walking distance (and a delicious restaurant at the hotel) so there was no need to rent a car. I will definitely stay at this hotel the next time I am in Tulsa.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Tulsa? Share your experiences!