“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #18 of 99 Hotels in Tulsa
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Every year we come to Tulsa and stay one week. We have had nothing but great experiences at the Candlewood. The staff is excellent. The rooms are large and the are pet friendly. I highly recommend it. A full kitchen is like home away from home !

• Stayed April 2013
Krista M, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites - Tulsa, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment about your stay at Candlewood Suites in Tulsa. We appreciate your kind words and patronage. It is a pleasure to have the best guests in the world. If you need anything when you visit the Tulsa area, please feel free to reach out to any of our staff. Come back and see us soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
None, US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My mother, aunt & I recently stayed at the Candlewood Suites - Tulsa & had a very pleasant experience due to the above & beyond help of the staff. Every single person that we met greeted us with friendly smiles. The most helpful of all was Ailie Alpers, the daytime front desk supervisor.

Because of disabilities, I can't sleep in a bed, so Ailie made sure that a recliner - a must-have for me - was put in our room.

When I told Ailie that, being unfamiliar with the area, we needed suggestions for a nice place to go for lunch, she got with the marketing director & put together a great list of suggestions for us.

We had several other special needs during our stay & Ailie and company promptly & courteously filled every one.

And when after we'd left (but were still in town) my mother discovered that she'd lost her ring, Ailie immediately got with the housekeeping staff to start a search for it. When it was found, Ailie called various numbers until she tracked me down, so we were able to zip back to the hotel to pick up the ring.

With such a friendly & helpful staff, clean rooms & (so I'm told my my mother & aunt) comfortable beds, I can easily recommend this hotel with a smile :)

Room Tip: If you have special needs, ask for Ailie Alpers!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have worked closely with this hotel & staff and wanted to be sure they know that they have been wonderfully accommodating. My employees love it there and will continue to visit the Candlewood in Tulsa! Thank you Ailie for all of your help along the way!

-Amanda

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Krista M, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites - Tulsa, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your post. Our employees are truly the best in the business because customer service comes first for them. Your business is always appreciated. Please feel free to let us know if we can improve your visit in any way.
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I arrange business travel all over the country and we have a ton of work in Tulsa, OK. This hotel is centrally located for the convenience of our employees as well as offers the long-term stay ammenities we love. I cannot say that I stayed there myself, and that is why this remains an average review, but my booking experience i have to say was pretty disappointing.

I have 3 employees scheduled to stay in this hotel for 2 weeks each at different times inFeb / March. That is 6 weeks of practically consecutive hotel stays.

Situation #1 - The front desk person called me the day before one of my employees checked in and said 'I had to move [your guest] to our sister hotel because we overbooked our location - here is that address & 5000 bonus points on his reward account for the inconvenience. You will receive the new reservation in your email shortly.'

1. I was not given a choice in the matter even though I booked almost 3 weeks in advance.
2. The 'sister hotel' is 15 miles away.
3. my employee does not even have a rewards account.
(in the defense of the front desk, she did search around for a closer location after i called back letting her know that was unacceptable.)

Situation #2 - SMOKE stench in a non-smoking room. The second guest to check in at this hotel was supposed to receive a non-smoking room. The stench in his room was brought to their attention immediately upon check-in, and yet nothing was done to correct the problem. Again, booked weeks ahead of time, and nothing was done.
Needless to say we are checking him out early with no credits, bonus points, or even an "i'm sorry for the inconvenience."

Situation #3 - I am canceling our future reservation for my third employee. This is unacceptable service, and I do not want to have to deal with any more accomodation issues.

Room Tip: Be sure you are getting a non-smoking room before brinigng your stuff into it.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Krista M, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites - Tulsa, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Amanda O,

I am very disappointed that you had this experience with our hotel. You have every right to expect a reservation to hold. While our standard practice is to keep all of the great business that books with us, we have unexpected in house guests extend their reservations and it is certainly hard for incoming guests. I am never happy to hear that a guest has an experience below their expectations. You should look forward to be pleasantly surprised at the service you receive. Please consider giving us another opportunity to win your business back in Tulsa. We value and appreciate your post and will always strive to be better with your help. Thank you.
Tulsa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

A great place to stay for business or any other reason. The staff is very professional and friendly always willing to go the extra mile.I would highly recommend Candlewood Suites-Tulsa. My first time to stay out of town on business. I would say the rooms and place are kept very clean.that includes the grounds. Also if there is a problem with anything they handle it promptly. The extras they offer are head and shoulder above the rest. They always have the guest interest at heart.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Millport, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This has to be one of the best hotel stays I have ever had. The hotel is very clean and well staffed. Krista Mooney goes above and beyond to make sure your stay is the best it can be. Candlewood Tulsa is the best.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Krista M, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites - Tulsa, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Your opinion is always valuable. We take great pride in the Candlewood Tulsa and want to ensure you that we are always striving to be the best. We would love for you to stay with us in the future.
Yukon, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

The room the staff put me in was a room where the carpet had just been shampooed so carpet was wet. They gave me bonus rewards for this because they had no other rooms. The hotel has one night a week where they offer free soda/beer and food for guest but with no tables to place your food on it ends up in your lap. Two separate nights I woke up to find cockroaches on the wall. The parking lot is tight with limited parking, especially if you have a commercial vehicle. The staff was great but the hotel management needs to fix some issues.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Tulsa, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear chuckghutch,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I'm pleased that you find our staff great. Please accept our apologies for not being able to deliver an exemplary hotel stay experience. I have taken note of your comments and we will address these points to improve upon our service. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Irish V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Candlewood Suites - Tulsa? Share your experiences!