“Classy Place with Comfort Food and Good Drinks” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #117 of 1,105 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: American
“Classy Place with Comfort Food and Good Drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I got a tip that Maxwells had a Christmas dinner offering. We hadn't been yet and didn't want to cook so we wanted to give it a try. I was the hero of the day. Have you ever hard of a Christmas dinner being $12.00? This, in a classy hardwood restaurant with sunny windows and a big beautiful bar loaded with lots of booze. For my dinner I had the most tender turkey with a creamy sauce. This was coupled with ham. I accompanied this with real garlic mashed potatoes in a big bowl. I had grilled vegetables and butternut squash that was so fresh and tasty. I had chilled jasmine tea and the flavor was bold and perfect with the meal. We ordered a bottle of champagne that was one of the best. This all in a room that was filled with one of a kind historic pictures of Tulsa. We are glad we made memories at the Maxwell this year. The waitstaff was very, very friendly...from the cook to the manager! Run, don't walk, to a great local place.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Wichita, Kansas
“Delicious Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

We went there for breakfast and it was a wonderful experience. The food is diner style and fills your plate. The waitresses were friendly and super helpful.

Visited December 2013
texas
“A must when in Tulsa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

The staff are outstanding! Very friendly and the food very plentiful and very delicious. I would eat there even if I didn't stay at the Campbell. Only wish I had been able to have dinner since the menu was really innovative and I loved the other meals. Can't praise the wait staff enough for their hard work!

Visited November 2013
“Breakfast was adequate, but not perfect.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

We finally made our way to Maxwell's at breakfast time. After reading and hearing so many rave reviews, our expectations were high.
However, unlike the dinner menu, the breakfast menu was limited and lackluster. We had hoped to find inventive twists on traditional breakfast foods, but this was not the case. For the most part our meals were solid, but on this occasion the biscuits stood out for being beautiful yet unpalatable.
The service was friendly, attentive and responsive, and the atmosphere was clean classic elegance.
We look forward to returning to sample the lunch/dinner offerings, hoping they will be more inspiring.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kingman, Arizona
“Another treasure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

As I was staying at the Campbell Hotel this restaurant was the perfect place to unwind over an excellent meal after more than 12 hours on the road. The bonus was a wonderful breakfast to start a new day. Good food, great service ensure that I will be adding this to my list of stops in Tulsa.

Visited October 2013