“Environment is everything” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Hamburgers, Irish, Pub, Fish & Chips
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
“Environment is everything”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Good food, good service, but the environment really sets this place apart. The authentic Irish decor and rustic feel of the place are fabulous.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Consistent Fantastic Irish Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I work relatively close to Kilkenny's and I probably visit about once a week for lunch with co-workers. We have consistently good food and good service, which is why we continue to go back weekly. The food is always good. The lunch menu is what each of us usually order off of- and it is reasonably priced, especially for the value that you get with the food. Even though dessert is not usual for us- I personally cannot pass up their Irish Cobbler that they have. They have a different flavor almost every day, and each one of them are fantastic. I am really impressed by Kilkennys, and will continue to go back for lunch weekly, as well as to go there for drinks at night. They have a very good beer and whiskey selection as well, although I don't drink during my lunch hour! I hear that they also have a really good brunch but have yet to try it. I will definitely make that my next goal- to experience their brunch.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Resting on their laurels?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Eat here every year when we come to Tulsa. Perhaps not next year. One can be picky about stuff And I try to go with the flow, and realize it isn't always going to be perfect, but when you pay 55 dollars for lunch for three I think there is some expectation. To review: Bruised Pear cocktail, not made like most other bars and when asked was not well known to the bartender. Maybe they could ask the customer. Chicken pot pie unfortunately mostly "pie" and hardly any chicken or veggies; Cottage pie okay only nothing to write home about. Only winner was the Jager Schnitzel. It was good. Biggest downer...the wait staff. They always ask how things are and expect "wonderful, etc". When told things weren't up to standard, it was okay, I'll bring your check and in my mind (get you the heck out of here). Was originally given a table in a very noisy area of the restaurant and asked to move to a quieter area in the back. Was told it was booked for a large group in 1.5 hours. I told the hostess I was certain I could eat and be finished in an hour and a half. So was moved. The waiter told me to disregard the hostess as the table I was sitting at wasn't part of the group. The original table I had before asking to move also had one leg about an inch short so rocking was at a premium. My first waitress when told gave me this eye rolling and real attitude about the fact the place was busy and what did I want her to do. I moved tables and probably moved my business someplace else next year. Combination of attitude and average food does it every time. I know they will survive without me. Maybe I have too high of standards, but there are certain expectations of establishments who want my dollars.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“You see I'm Irish But I'm not a Leprechaun....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Went to Kilkennys and had the Fish and Chips. It's authentic but by no means the best I have eaten. The food was on par with Long John Silvers for the most part. Somewhat overpriced.

Here is the good. The ATMOSPHERE!!! I would come to Kilkennys for the people watching alone. The wait staff is OK nothing to write home about... Bottom line. The place has authentic Irish decor and it's great to slam back a few pints and converse with friends and family.

I would come back for Drinks and Craic

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
bucerias
“Good Irish Food for Tulsa”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Good Irish food like fish n chips ,meat pies etc. Have all the Irish beers from dark to ales. Service was little slow last time I was there. Too loud of music for me.

• Visited March 2013