“Good food, great service” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #101 of 1,109 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: Mexican
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Good food, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Good food, complimentary chips, queso and pico very good, had enchilada and quesadilla both good, service is excellent, sopapillas complimentary also and delicious

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Jenks, Oklahoma
“Not that great ....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This was our first trip to the new Ted's. I will say that I was not impressed.

While the service was excellent, the food was just not worth it as far was I am concerned. It was just plain mediocre. There are just so many more places with better Mexican food.

You do certainly get a lot of freebies with the meal, but I would much rather pay for good food than to base how good a restaurant is by the freebies you get.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Friends don't let friends eat at Ted's”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Okay, people. We are in Oklahoma, it's practically Mexico already. There is so much good Mexican food in this town, I am wondering why we were drawn in to try Ted's. The parking lot is full every time we drive by. This time, much to our eventual dismay, we found a parking spot.

Let's begin by saying this is absolutely NOT "Mexican food". I would call it glorified cafeteria food. Heck, I think even the lunch ladies at my elementary school probably pushed out more authentic enchiladas than Ted's. I really don't know how Ted's is pulling off this ruse of being "Mexican" food, other than they located themselves in what was previously a "restaurant desert" and people in West Tulsa are desperate and willing to try anything. I'll just be kind and say, it's horrendous. I recall eating better TV dinners in the 1970's that were more authentic "Mexican" than Ted's!

Let's start with their queso dip. I would be willing to bet you $10, it is made from a powdered mix, just add water and stir. It was horrible! I defy you to find any real cheese in it. It was watery and weak. Something is not right when "queso" is translucent. Normally when real queso dip (you know the kind containing actual cheese) starts to cool off, it will thicken. Not so at Ted's. It remained a drippy, nasty, watery liquid the entire time. The sauce on Kraft Mac & Cheese is more cheesy than Ted's queso dip.

Their tamales actually had some real chicken wrapped up in far too much masa flour. And the chicken actually tasted like chicken. (That's your only compliment Ted's.) But, the supposed sour cream sauce on top of them looked more like Elmer's glue mixed with maybe a tiny bit of milk to thin it down. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I finally ate Elmer's glue after all these years.

The Chile Relleno looked promising, but oh, no, they screwed that up too. The coating, which should be light and airy with a slight crisp to it, was mushy and gooey and thick. The sauce was bland, and the filling might have been American cheese, if it were actual cheese at all.

The only good thing we had at Ted's was a beer. Yes, and that was from a bottle. Thankfully they didn't screw that up.

And that birthday hat/song thing. Dear Lord, please make it stop. Nobody, and I mean nobody, wants to hear or see that going on during dinner. And those sombrero's have touched how many heads? Do you check the birthday celebrants for lice? I don't think so! Do away with the song and the hat! I'm embarrassed for you, Ted's!

People of Tulsa...more specifically, people of West Tulsa, I promise you there is better Mexican food just a short drive away. Heck, even Taco Bell would be a step up. Branch out...drive across the river and get something a little more authentic. Don't waste your money at Ted's!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Food, service, atmosphere was AMAZING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We recently moved to the Tulsa Hills area and have eaten at the Ted's in the OKC area a couple of times. We tried out this Ted's and I can say the service and food were over the top. One of our entrees wasn't made 100% correctly (we asked for minimal cheese and it was made with a regular amount of cheese) Our server saw this and was asking if we wanted it changed, we said no, it was ok, but the manager came up and insisted it be made correctly. She went back to the kitchen herself, watched it made herself and delivered the plate within 5 minutes. Our drinks were never past 1/2 empty and our chips and tortillas were checked and refilled as needed without us asking. All wait staff were friendly and we were greeted no less than five times coming in the door. We felt welcome and were glad to be there.

Knowing Ted's packed restaurant reputation, we dined on Monday evening at 5 p.m. and our party of four were seated immediately.

This was our best experience dining at Ted's ever and we will be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Outstanding service and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This restaurant has quickly become one of our favorite places to eat. Both the service and food are great. The main draw is complimentary flour tortillas with chips, queso and salsa. You can buy a alcarte choice for $5.99 to $8.99 and still get all the complimentary items including a sopapilla (sp). If you order the larger meals with beans and rice, it is more expensive and almost too much food. They have some of the best servers we have ever encountered at any restaurant!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere