“Two words, BIG PORTIONS” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Wallasey, United Kingdom
“Two words, BIG PORTIONS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Tally's Cafe is truly amazing I had one of the best breakfasts there, and the portions are out of this world.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Kingman, Arizona
“A Route 66 time capsule”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The old place shows its age in many places but overall it was clean, the service good, and the food a delight. Best of all was the atmosphere, it was almost as though we had stepped from the modern world on Route 66 into the 1950s.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Aiken, South Carolina
“Great! Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Riding Route 66 and saw this place. Looked good and so we pulled in. Was not disappointed at all. Brunch time on Sunday and we all got different things but they sure were good. We ordered hme fries but had hash browns delivered. No worries, our server jumped on it and brought us home fries and let us keep our hash browns. Highly recommend this. I could also see this being a good hangover cure place. Go to antique store in adjacent shop after you are done.

Visited August 2013
Fredericksburg, Texas
“Good Road Food Reviewed by a Route 66 Roadie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have to disclose, as indicated by the title of my review, that I'm a dedicated Route 66 Roadie, so factors that influence my rating are not limited to good food, and good value. Obviously, Tally's doesn't compete with the super expensive fine restaurants of America, so, comparing apples to apples is important. In this case, Tally's is located on old historic Route 66 in Tulsa, one of the prettiest cities in America. Located at the southwest corner of 11th and Yale, Tally's address is on Yale(north/south street), but 11th Street (running east and west) is considered "old historic Route 66". All of Tulsa's art deco architecture makes a visit worthwhile, and if you're looking for the quintessential road food experience on Route 66, Tally's delivers.Their food is good, their prices fair, and the ambiance is just what you want: time travel back to the days generally described now as "back in the day" (I think that means just what you want it to, and it varies from person to person). I hit Tally's on a Sunday, late morning, and decided to have a cheeseburger for breakfast. It was tall, fresh and tasty. They have a pretty extensive menu, and everyone around me (and the place was busy) seemed to be enjoying their food, and having a good time, so it looked to me like Tally's is a hit with the diner crowd. But anyway, Tally's is fun, it's kitschy, and the people are friendly. That's a road food experience on the Mother Road. I recommend it, if you're looking for fun, good food, good ambiance, good times, on Route 66. If you want another review of another Tulsa restaurant on Route 66, check out my review of Ollie's Station. I ate there about five hours after leaving Tally's.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Good food for a good price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

This cute diner was recommended by several people when finding out I was heading to Tulsa for a horse show. Food was old fashioned style and good. Prices very fair. Came back a second time for breakfast. Will recommend.

• Visited June 2013