“DownHome Cookin'” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
“DownHome Cookin'”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

If you love good chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and gravy or fried liver and onions, Tally's is your place! Those two meals are all I have ever tried at Tally's because they both are so very good. Tally's is great for comfort food.

Visited December 2011

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Our Adjunct Kitchen!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

We live about 3 blocks from Tally's and when we are not in the mood to cook or shop for groceries, Tally's is our kitchen. I recently tried the Mediterranean Salad with grilled chicken - I called ahead and picked it up to eat at home. It was delicious. They also can quench any craving for homestyle comfort food. We probably eat there at least once a week, on average.

Visited November 2011
Columbus, Ohio
“Good food fast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

Though it wasn't fancy, Tally's will serve up good, home-cooked food quickly. We stopped here for breakfast during our Route 66 trip and were seated immediately despite the restaurant's being quite busy (since it was absolutely POURING outside, I was happy that we didn't have to wait in the rain!).

The omelet menu is amazing, with ideas even I'd never thought of. If you can think of something they don't offer, I'll bet there's a good chance they can make it for you! The staff was very friendly and helpful, and took care not to give me any bread or bread items, even going to double-check on the ingredients for a few items for me prior to my placing my order (I'm celiac). When our breakfasts did arrive, the helpings were quite generous—I couldn't even finish my food, and not only do I love breakfast, it was quite tasty!

Of course, Tally's has a great vintage diner feel, with booths and neon. Overall, it was a very good breakfast experience, and next time we're going through Tulsa on 66, there's a good chance we'll be back!

• Visited April 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Okmulgee, Oklahoma, United States
“Mmmm Monte Cristo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

Their Monte Cristo sammich is legendary. Go. Eat. Grin. Love it!

Visited November 2011
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
“A Local Diner Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

A real Route 66 diner experience, in business for 25 years.

No white table cloth, no wine list, no pretensions just great diner food that keeps us locals coming back again and again. Large portions of good food and a huge menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Prompt service where the servers know how to keep the coffee coming in the morning.

It can be pretty busy at breakfast time, but I've never had a wait for a table.

• Visited November 2011