“The good quality is going down hill.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #614 of 1,109 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
“The good quality is going down hill.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

The bread was good but the two appetizers we ordered were poorly executed. I ordered bruschetta crostini and calamari. The bruschetta only had two pieces in an order and the tomatoes on it were frozen, they had ice crystals in them. The calamari was overcooked and the breading was underseasoned. The shrimp portofino was a little dry so I fixed that with a little oil. The only thing that stood out was the service, DE'Angelo did a fine job.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Good Staple”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

When I don't feel like cooking we go here. Have really only had one bad meal here and the manager gave us coupons to make up for it. I love their rosemary bread.

Visited May 2012
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
“The Chicken Scaloppine is wonderful.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Macaroni Grill has one of my very favorite meals. The Chicken Scaloppine is just wonderful. I order it every time we visit, but they have changed it just a bit, and thankfully it is still good. My husband enjoys the Penne Rustica very much. The rosemary bread and olive oil, that they serve, is delicious. If I am not there for lunch, I usually enjoy a peach bellini.
I used to order their Tiramisu, but it isn't as good as it used to be. The lemon passion cake is yummy.
The service is pretty good, and the atmosphere is nice.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Smith, Arkansas
“Way way downhill”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We should have been suspicious when there were so few cars parked there during the busy "sales tax holiday" weekend. This was a disappointment from start to finish. The one thing everyone always loved was the delicious rosemary bread; well it's not served any more. I had Mediterranean Sea Bass. It was an icky consistency and fishy tasting. Upon leaving I noticed the fish fillets by the chef's area and they were frozen! Even the restroom is shabby, dirty, and in great need of an update. I suggest you avoid Romano's Macaroni Grill.

Visited August 2012
Brentwood, Tennessee
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I attended a VIP meal at this restaurant celebrating a wedding. The hostess was a manager at a location in Colorado. We did have special attention but the food was prepared perfectly. We started with appetizers. The goat cheese peppadew peppers and zucchini fritters were memorable. I enjoyed the salad sampler ordered but the winner was the blue cheese, bacon salad. The greens, bacon and blue cheese was a good combination while delivering a lot of flavor. The hostess ordered a pasta sampler. We enjoyed Mac and cheese, sausage quadratini and Camellia's chicken pasta. The mac and cheese was salty, creamy and warm screaming, "I am comfort Italian style." The sausage quadratini had pure flavors of tomato, basil and sausage
creating a redeeming change from the heavier sauces of the other pastas. Camellia's chicken
was made with penne and a nice sauce that developed this dish into a hearty, rich, spicy entree. If you go order the cheesecake and the lemon passion dessert. Good service, very good food and nice wine made our evening wonderful.

• Visited July 2012