“Toothpick in Quesdilla” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican, Grill
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Toothpick in Quesdilla”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Munching along, and everything was fine...although a little slow on delivery.<br><br>

My wife bit down and went, "UGH!" and pulled a toothpick from the back of her throat!<br><br>

The waiter, dismissed it, "Things like that do happen!"<br><br>

The manager soon responded at our request: "Well, I think they do store toothpicks over the station to mark the variety of dishes, like meat or chicken... I'll get the kitchen manager to check it out."<br><br>

OMG! No real apology. No real concern. My wife stopped eating, concerned about the irritation in her throat. Thank goodness she didn't actually swallow the thing!<br><br>

Manager returned, made a check adjustment, and showed remorse (finally!), and wished we could return another time. Not very likely!<br><br>
A bad experience all the way around!

Visited February 2013

Cape Coral, Florida
“Not Quite Tex-Mex, but Close”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

When my husband and I moved from Albuquerque to Tulsa, the one thing we really missed was Tex-Mex food. Most of the restaurants in the area make what they call "Authentic Mexican" food, which is quite different from Tex-Mex. On the Border comes the closest to making what we loved about the food in New Mexico. Green chile chicken enchiladas are my favorite. By the way, I like the fact that they use the spelling "chile" instead of "chili", which is the way they spell it in New Mexico. The guacamole is pretty good here and the queso is very good. Another one of my favorite things here is the tortilla soup. It's wonderful to have on a cold day! So, if you're looking for an alternative to "Authentic Mexican", go to On the Border. As a side note: On the Border didn't make it in New Mexico! As I said, it's close to New Mexico cuisine, but not close enough for NM natives!

OK
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great food, good price, Great wait staff. If you like Tex-Mex, this is a great place to go. Friendly atmosphere, quick service. Definitely deserves a repeat visit when I'm back in the area.

Visited November 2012
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
“Good Tex-Mex fare”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Not exactly authentic Mexican cuisine, but good Tex-Mex. The last time I visited they prepared my guacamole right at the table. You don't get it fresher than that. Good food at a good price. Everyone will be happy.

fort smith arkansas
“nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Went there tonight for the first time ever, it was ok, pretty good for a chain Mexican place. Not anywhere I would break my neck to go again. The cheese enchiladas were good as well as the rice and beans. the chips were big but the salsa was hot. Seemed they rushed us some as far as bringing the check.

• Visited August 2012