“Not Good” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #138 of 1,137 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: Mexican, Steakhouse, Seafood
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Abuelo's invites you to experience the incredible flavors of Mexico, combining homemade cooking with rich flavors of coastal and interior Mexican cuisine
Dallas
“Not Good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My wife and I eat out at least three times a week. This was my fourth time at this restaurant. I did not like it last time but thought I would give it another chance. We were coming back from the gym and thought this might be OK eventhough we swore we would not go back there. So today we went back there and we were trying to be selective and as healthy as possible. I was going to order the salad but I wanted something hot. So, I ordered the Taco Fajitas and my wife ordered one burritto and one taco. The meat was stale and covered with some low grade sweet, yellow cheese and everything was covered with heart-attack grade goup (melted cheese mixed with lard, sugar and salt and unknown fillers). I was dissapointed again. This place is really not any different from any other Mom and Pop Mexican restaurants in town. Not authentic and not healthy. Everything is driven by either sweet (read sugar, lots of sugar) or salty flavors.That is it. The refried beans tasted like carboard and So much for trying to stay healthy. An on top of that, the waitstaff has an attitude. Especially the Mexican men. The choices for eating delicious, fresh and local food in this Town are extremely poor. Next time, I am just going to take a powerbar with me to the gym to tide me over. I can cook a lot better than that and my food is fresh, natural, healthy and flavorful.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“CathyfromTulsa”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Food was alright, but with all the traffic there in that area, there are more places with a lot better food that are easier to get to and cheaper and more value for the money.

New Bedford, Massachusetts
“authenticity”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

the authentic mexican food was delicious and fresh! i would eat there every day if i lived locally! the atmosphere is also very inviting. Thank you for a great eating experience.

Visited August 2012
Castle Rock, Colorado
“Abuelos feels like home.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I always go here when I stay at the Renaissance Hotel in Tulsa. It is a beautiful place and my food is always good. A lot of people go to Chuy's across the street but if you don't want to wait, this place is wonderful. The fajitas are great and the margaritas are awesome

Visited July 2012
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Is much better now”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We have been there recently and the food have improved a lot, The service always have been real good , will be back

• Visited May 2012