“One of my favs” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #63 of 1,109 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Abuelo's invites you to experience the incredible flavors of Mexico, combining homemade cooking with rich flavors of coastal and interior Mexican cuisine
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“One of my favs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011 via mobile

When I come to town to visit #1 son, I make it a habit to visit Abuelo's. The service is absolutely first rate; friendly, well-paced, and accurate. The food bursts with the flavors of the south west and northern Mexico. And the drinks are smooth going down. I'm not a gourmet, just a guy who likes good food and company in a pleasant atmosphere.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Victor, NY
“not vegetarian friendly but good hot food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2008

I was so disappointed that there was bacon in the refried beans and chicken in the rice! Whyyyyy add meat to only vegetarian options on your menu with any protein!! I ended up with a spinach enchilada and a corn/mashed potato side and broccoli and my husband has steak and chicken fajitas. The food was piping hot and not terribly expensive so we left satisfied. If they would take the meat products out of their sides this rating would definitely be an excellent! Mexican restaurants in the South should keep in mind that they are vegetarian's only hope!!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“One of our favorite places in Tulsa. Great food - friends / fun service. Try the premier margarita - it is yummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2008

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“fun crowd and delicious...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2008

fun crowd and delicious food

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“I feel like I'm in Texas again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2008

Since we moved here from Texas 3 years ago after Hurricane Rita. We have had to deal with what I call Tennessee Mexican food. They make everything with white cheese I'm assuming is Monterrey Jack. It okay but wheres the cheddar? To our complete surprise we discovered your place. Since about 2 months ago we have been at least six times. We are always excited and pleased with the food and the service. I love that you get choices of enchiladas, and that you can get really hot salsa.
My family loves you. Thank God we discovered you at last.