“Pleasant V-Day dinner!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Wagoner, Oklahoma
“Pleasant V-Day dinner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Let me preface the following by saying that I am NO sushi experts. I've maybe only had sushi two to three times in my life.

My wife has recently discovered that she likes certain kinds of sushi (mostly the california rolls and the like) so, as a treat for her, I took her to In The Raw South (Sheridan) for a night out. The atmosphere was fairly nice, the greeting staff was helpful albeit a tad bit uninviting, and they had us seated within a few minutes of us arriving (we made reservations).

Once we were seated we waiting maybe 15 minutes before our server came to the table. He did ask how long we had been waiting but we really didn't notice the time as much because we were having good conversation. There was a fresh rose placed in a vase at our table that the server invited us to take home which was a nice touch.

Being fairly new to sushi we did ask for some recommendations but the server wasn't very helpful in making any. The couple next to us got their order and one of the rolls they ordered looked good (the "Gregasm") so we decided to try that and a special roll they had for V-day (the "sweetheart"). We also had the crab wonton appetizer which was delish!

I must say it took a LONG time to get the food. It was a little over an hour before our food arrived (the table next to us who arrived after we did got their food first which was annoying) but it was WELL worth the wait! The food was superb! My expectations were pretty low because I'm not a big fan of seafood but I was really pleasantly surprised.

All in all the service was mediocre at best, the atmosphere was nice, and the food saved the day!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

65% Recommend
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
“best sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

OMG, this place is the best, fresh items abound and you tell the difference. The quality and textures make you ready to come back for more... try this place and you will see what it mean....

Visited July 2012
Branson
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Food was excellent. Service great. I recommend the the blood orange brûlée! Delish! First time there a friend recommended. We are from out if town but will go back.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Good sushi, terrible everything else”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

If you're looking just for good sushi, and don't care one bit about things like atmosphere or good service, then this might just be your place. But if getting any kind of attention from your server is important, keep looking. If you care to have a conversation with the people your eating with, keep looking (it's absurdly LOUD). I'll give it to them, the food is really good, but that is not enough to overcome all the downsides.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Motta Sant'Anastasia, Italy
“Great beef.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

I'm not a raw fish fan but the steak here was wonderful and in my top list of steaks. My family lives the sushi here for you all who want a sushi place.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere